Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

shrinkingannie, I too am very addicted to it, and thanks for your lovely comment :)

JoRoger, we had been watching Biggest Loser USA but sadly it ended on Friday - don't know which season it was but it was the one with Kae, Bill (one of two twins), Neil, Hollie, Isabeau. My Sky plus planner seems to thing a new one starts Monday so I am looking forward to what I hope is the start of a new season (fingers crossed!)

Yesterday, I had my usual brekky and lunch, and took a HiFi bar and Alpen light bar, and a narna on the train with me to the mother-in-law's, where we spent the evening around a bonfire watching fireworks. I had some syn free autumn bake (pasta and vegetable in kind of a thick soup) for dinner, and also had a Mug Shot for the first time (yum- definitely having that again lol). Later in the evening I shared a pack of Batchelor's savoury rice with the wife.

Today, we have come back home - brekky and lunch the same, Quorn meatballs in a syn free sauce with spaghetti for dinner. Those meatballs are so nice it is unreal that they are syn free!!

In true Star Trek fan fashion, I have today gone where no man has gone before ... to the tightest hole on my belt! Not sure how the weight loss is going but I feel great!!

I am going to a Trade Union conference May 2010 for a week, and have just found out where it will be, here is the link: Health & Leisure at Swansea's Dragon Hotel : Dragon Hotel Swansea

Check out the pool and gym facilities!! I'm already in heaven lol, I will definitely be swimming by then. And while most delegates will be eating and getting drunk I will be swimming and exercising, I can't wait!!

Gonna have a chilled evening, and kill some time while my wife watching X Factor, and hopefully later we can watch something decent lol. I have my friend Muller Light to keep me company :)

Hope you've all had a great weekend, and bonfire night!

Sadly for me, I am back to work tomorrow, for FOUR days!! That's about as many as I have worked in the last FOUR WEEKS!! I am late turn so will be having my dinner at lunchtime and taking lunch with me. I can't make it to weigh in either Tuesday or Wednesday this week, so have to wait until the following week to see if I have reached my 2.5 stone mark, or Club 10. Grrrr ...

ttfn ♥

Last edited:
I've decided to ride home from work tomorrow!

I finish work at 00.45 and the last train leaves at 00.50 - If I am more than a few minutes late I will miss my train and be stuck until gone half five! Obviously I don't want that, and unfortunately I won't know UNTIL I finish work if I can make the train or not.

So I have decided to forget about the train and ride. My furthest ride so far is about12-13 miles. I reckon this could be in the region of 21/22 maybe so it's a big jump. It will also be my first ride in the dark, so I have to get my lights fitted on.

I'll bet it's gonna be raining too lolol.

Have you got home yet??????????????? ;0)

How did the ride go? A bit more than you normally do, but you had no choice than to do it really and think of all the extra exercise you got...

I am not doing very well lately.... I have to totally rethink my plan I think...I have to go back to basics and go back to a time when I was losing more and not being stuck like I am now.....

Just got in from group and am about to cook tea so unable to look at my old diaries today, so when I get home from work tomorrow I shall sit down with my books and old food diaries.....
I got to get a kickstart somehow!!

You haven't got a weigh in this week have you?

Good luck and hope the ride home wasn't too bad.

Hil
xx

Hi Hil

I'm not quite home yet, as I haven't even finished work yet haha. I'm mid-way through my shift, will be done in about 3 hours. Then it will probably take about 20 mins to get my uniform off and all my bike stuff ready. Then it will take I don't know how long to get home lol. I have been told by a colleague this evening that it is more like 25 miles than 20 miles, which I'll be honest wasn't what I wanted to hear lol.

I spent half an hour earlier trying to find my rear light and trying to work out how to fit it (had no space on rear of bike since fitting a under saddle bag with puncture repair kit and things in it!). Got it in the end though :)

Sorry to hear things aren't going as planned right now, but the fact that bothers you and the fact you have already planned to look over old food diaries and refocus tells me that you will be ok. This is just a hiccup, nothing to worry about :)

I have to miss out on my weigh in this week, as I am working lates tomorrow (usual weigh in night) and also tomorrow (weigh in at Whitstable). I could make one later in the week in Canterbury but tbh I don't want to do that as it would mean my following weigh in back in my home town would be only a few days after. Better just to have a week off I reckon.

ttfn ♥

nice to read a guys diary.! :) glad to see ur losing weight so quickly, are u following a lot of red day.? lushx

Hope you're home by now, or should we send out the search party??!!?!? It was a bit foggy earlier.........Dave?.......DAVE??!??!? :peep:

Hope that you're not feeling too sore!!! :p :character00264:

Are you going to weigh-in at home this week, or save it as a double-week surprise?

Just realised.....If you don't get weighed, your wife will have a bigger loss than you this week!!! ;) :winner: Are you going to give her a slimmer of the week badge and fruit basket???!?!!?!? ;) :greenapple: It's great to have a supportive OH isn't it. It makes it sooooo much easier. :superwoman: . :thankyou::flowers: (They were for all the OH's that make our lives a little bit easier!) Ooops! :)hijack:).

Hi Derbynanny and lushx, welcome to my diary :)

Lonestitcher, your posts always make me laugh I love the emoticons. But thanks to you I now owe my wife a slimmer of the week award lol. You are right what you say about having a supportive other half though, I couldn't have done this without her she is fabulous and has gone from someone who didn't think she could cook, to a fabulous cook!

As for weigh ins, I am gutted I can't go to a real one this week, but I weigh in EVERY morning anyway lol, so I have an idea what is happening. It just doesn't become official until my proper weigh in.

I realised something yesterday which made me smile ... since I started dieting this year (way before joining SW), I have now lost 51lbs!

OK, my ride home a couple of nights ago ... I got finished at Gillingham on time, and could easily have gotten on my train and been home within half hour (especially as I had hurt my knee earlier that night), but I decided that I would never have a better opportunity to do the ride - all my gear was at work, my bike too, I'd spent about a day ensuring every eventually was covered and didn't want to waste all my planning. So I stood on the platform and literally waved the train off lol.

It was 00.50, I was still in uniform, my bike still locked up, and so much to do before I could even leave! But I got ready in the end, and went for it.

OMG it was freezing cold lol. And dark.

And my gears were playing up - kept jumping around. And because it was wet (icy fog), my brakes screeched VERY loudly. All in all, not good!

But I had no choice by then, and was listening to my iPod getting into the rhythm so just kept going.

I hadn't realised before, but after about halfway, very little of the road actually has streetlights. And it is countryside and fields both sides of the road. In a car, with full beam lights you wouldn't give it a second thought, but on a bicycle with a tiny light you can't see anything! Quite scary, but eerily peaceful. Had to take it quite slow in places, sadly including some big downhills, as I had no idea where the road ended and the pavement started it was pitch black.

But I made it ... took me about 90 minutes start to finish, distance was less than I had imagined at 17.5 miles, but still a lot longer than I had ridden before.

When I got home, the fronts of my legs were bright red - due to exposure to the icy cold. As I tried to warm them up they got very itcy, not pleasant at all. Have never had that before, and don't want it again.

I am looking forward to doing the same ride again, though perhaps in daylight, and I must get my gears/brakes serviced and I also need some kind of leg protection and winter riding gloves too. Such a learning curve!

Having said that, I might just do it again Thursday after work lol.

I don't seem to have had much time to get on here recently and update my diary, but needless to say I have been sticking to plan 100% and the weight is coming off, I am feeling fitter than ever, and yesterday I had about half dozen people tell me how good I was looking :)

Slimming World is the best thing since sliced bread. Mind you sliced bread is so naughty these days haha

Dave, you need to aquaint yourself with the wonderful item of clothing named the Long John's....absolutely perfect for doing anything in the cold, and will stop that awful leg thing - what you described is basically what chilblain sufferers have, not good!

Congratulations on your total weight loss, really really inspiring, well done.

That sounded like a very scarey ride....In the lanes around where I live its so dark sometimes that in the car with full beam on its scarey!! I wouldn't want to ride through them...

Glad you got home safely....Was Mrs Dave worried? I would've been if my OH had to ride home....

I am a bit stuck in a rut at the moment...I can't exactly say why either...I can't have been 100% on plan otherwise it would have shown!! I got no answers, I log everything I eat..Just one of those things I suppose....I have stopped doing EE for the time being anyway...See if that works....We'll see....

Hopefully with the extra exercise you are doing you'll have a fabulous weight loss when you do go back to your class....My fingers are crossed for you.

Hil

Wow your ride sounds super scary. So well done.

As or the itchy legs I get the same thing al the time. I run year round and often get itchy legs with big temperature changes. Uncomfortable but not dangerous.

Good luck with the rest of your week.

I lost 1 pound this week so I am pleased (well I wanted more but with only 6 to 7 to lose I can't really hope for more)

Teresa

dont fancy the bike ride at that time of night or any time if i tell the truth lol but good going u for doing it never mind doing it after u finished work my oh got me wii fit plus today aint tried it yet
aint looking like i will try it tonight as i am just eating my dinner but will let u know how i get on still to long till your wi keep smiling

JoRoger, I could have done with some long johns the other night for sure, although I suspect they would have soaked through and made things worse. I am going to get hold of some full-leg cycling shorts or just a waterproof tracky or something.

Hil, yeah it was a little scary but made it more interesting - certainly not for the faint hearted though! I am riding home from work tonight too :) Except this time I am making it a little longer by taking the back roads, and I suspect they will be a lot darker lol. Good thing Halloween is over! Mrs Dave has been used to me coming home at all hours due to my very unsociable shift pattern at work, but she is no fan of me being out. I had received a text from her during my ride, but as my phone was off (so as not to give me an excuse to stop should it go off) I didn't get it til I got home, by which time she was in the land of nod. I hope steering away from EE is enough to refresh you and get you back in the zone as it were, have you considered following an entire week from earlier in your journey? You could just pick one at random from months back when you were in the zone, shop, and follow it to the letter see how you get on. Or maybe read through some of your own diary? Worth a go, good luck :)

Derbynanny, OMG you only have a few lbs to go I am sooooo jealous lol, nice one :) The nearer you get to target the hardest it must get, so to lose a full pound when you are so close is incredible, well done!! I'm glad you said what you did about itchy legs as I wondered if I had the beginnings of hypothermia lololol

evethewitch, hope you enjoy the Wii fit as much as I do. I still use it a few days a week (when I'm not cycling, or badminton, or something) but I tend to mainly only use it for the free step now as a warm up - I do half hour on it (while catching up on some telly) then swap to My Fitness Trainer Cardio Workout for some boxing. Of the newest additions with the Wii fit plus, I found the obstacle course, cycling, and flying ones gave me the most 'burn' but they are all good fun :)

We're just back from our weekly trip to Tesco, and glad it's over with again!

We've got sweet potato hash today (sweet potato mixed with cabbage, and an egg fried into the middle) with beans, and for the rest of week we have Quorn balti (still my favourite SW meal by a country mile), Quorn madras, tuna/pasta/sweetcorn, Quorn lasagne, chow mein and we are out Saturday which I haven't really worked out how to deal with yet!

It is my cousins 40th birthday, and we are going to her party in Brize Norton, staying the night in a B&B, then coming home Sunday.

I think Saturday morning we will have normal brekky (HEb Weetabix, HEa milk, free Splenda). Lunch will have to be taken on train as we are leaving about lunchtime, and don't want to have it early before we go. I will probably have something similar to what I take to work - free savoury rice and boiled eggs, HEb HiFi bar, HEa mini babybels. That would leave me having used up all my HEx's, but used NO syns - my theory being that dinner will be a buffet and I have a bit of leeway then with what I can have, and of course a few drinkies too :)

The following day we will be having brekky at the B&B - OMG it's gonna be hard to say "no thanks" to all the cooked full english brekkies and instead have weetabix loool. Will have to guess my milk, assuming they have semi skimmed, and have no sweetener on it. Then we have the long journey home :(

I have no doubt that whatever I do will be ok, although obviously not as good as it would have been had I been at home, but we have to live eh? :D:D

On that note, I have to go as I have a billion (no exagerrating!) things to sort out before I have lunch and go to work.

See ya later ♥

Good luck with the ride again you are brave. I think it sound slike you have a good plan for the weekend. They may have boiled or poached eggs at the b and b , i agree it will be hard to say no to a full english. I would also think as i had paid for it i may as well eat as much as possible :) (hence why all you can eat buffets are dangerus for me !!)

I am forunate to be close to goal but over a lifetime of dieting I am quite good at dieting but rubbish at maintaining. This time as i love the SW plan I am hoping i can truly learn maintnenance.

teresa

Hi Dave, glad to see you're still Mr Motivated despite not getting to WI this week. Enjoy your weekend away. Look forward to hearing how you get on next week at WI.

PS- You must be mad to do that cycle ride in the dark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Derbynanny and BaysideJ, I had a change of heart with the ride. I got finished at work, it was raining hard, and I decided to jump on the train home :) I couldn't see any benefit in getting soaked the whole way, I'm in no mad rush to lose weight quicker and my training for the 100k ride won't start til next year. Plus it meant I got home quicker, which is good as I had an early start today.

I planned to go back to work after lunch today (I am off for five days now WOOHOO!) and cycle home, but it is still raining Grrr. If it stops raining, or even calms down a little, then I'm gonna go for it. Otherwise, my bike will just have to stay there another night, and maybe a few as I won't have much time tomorrow to do it. I don't want to just bring it home on the train, as it is admitting defeat.

I have booked to play badminton Monday with a few guys from work - one of whom I have played many times and he is a fantastic plastic way better than me, always makes me run around like a madman lol. The other two I have heard are quite handy on the court but haven't played them before. We have the court for a couple of hours so should be a good workout.

I used only 7.5 syns yesterday, and plan to use a similar amount today, so that I have a handful extra available Saturday night for the party, and Sunday morning for breakfast and travelling.

All someone needs to do is make that rain go away :(

Good to see your postive attitude continues Dave, hope you and your wife enjoy a lovely weekend.

I think that was a smart decision. We were sitting at our running club last night waiting to go out and rain started gushing through the ceiling !

Mad fools that we are we went out anyway and it was a lot of puddle jumping but in it's own way exhilirating we kept the run short !

When is your big cycle ride next year. I am doing the london marathon in april.

BTW have you ever had any of the batchelor pasta n sauce? Many of them are free on green/ee but the macaroni and cheese one is 2 syns but I can honestly say it is the best 2 syns . I had it yesterday for my lunch a whole packet with a large cooked leek chopped and mixed in. It was a huge lunch and delicous.

Teresa

Teresa, I'm very much looking forward to my batchelors macaroni cheese for lunch! it is really lovely! But I think Dave has to take in pre-prepared stuff for lunch at work, still its good for weekends or if you're at home - my favourite one is the tomato one but I can only ever find it in the co-op. I think they avoid stocking it in Tesco's so that people buy thier own brand tomato one, which isn't half as nice. Think I may well be addicted to pasta!

Back