Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Hiya Dave

I haven't been on here for a while and have been struggling as you know...
I lost 1/2 last week whilst it's in the right direction I was still disappointed with it..

Awesome results for you as normal...You must be very proud and Mrs Dave is going well too I hope!

Keep going, your diary is always a good read and you have so much enthusiam and ita certainly paying off...

Good luck for next weeks weigh in

Hil

Hi Dave,

I hope the dinner and dance went well and your back OP this morning and getting some exercise in the next few days.

I had a major slip up on thursday, my first since joining SW so I am now trying super hard to undo the damage before weigh in.

Teresa

Hi Hil, sorry things haven't improved for you yet what have you done to help it? Or you just trying to ride it out? You should take inspiration from yourself - you know the plan works, and you know you can be comfortable following the plan, and you know you want to lose weight. Just gotta marry the three of them up haha, hope things turn for you :) Yeah I'm very happy with the way things are going so far, as of this morning I have (unofficially of course) smashed through the 4 stone barrier which is super, and my wife is a few lbs ahead of me so over 8 stone between us!

Hi Teresa, what was the slip up? Is it something you can include on the plan by eating less syns the next few days to average out the total amount for the week? If not, you may be better taking what my SWC calls a flexi day, where you just basically write that meal off (it is only 1 of 21 during the week after all) and follow the plan from now - worst case scenario you should sts hopefully and just go from there. Good luck :)

My works dinner and dance last night was a super night! I had loads to drink, and the food was great. Starter was from a choice of one thing - which I didn't like - prawn and salmon. But luckily I was offered a lentil soup alternative which was really tasty (and nothing like the Heinz one which my wife loves but I have tried and don't like!), and there was a roll too which was my first bit of bread since starting on SW lol. Main meal was chicken wrapped in bacon (I cut the visible fat off to pay my respect to the SW gods hahaha) in a creamy sauce, sliced potatoes in some kind of herby creamy sauce, boiled potatoes, carrots and green beans. About a zillion syns no doubt, but who was keeping count lol. Dessert came out and was billed as a chocolate mousse which tbh did nothing for me, so I sat and watched everyone eat theirs and offered mine around the table but no takers. So I tried it. And then I ate it :D:D

Would love to say I danced all those delicious calories off but I am no dancer so even that couldn't rescue me lol.

No regrets though, we have had a very focused week with low synnage SO that we could enjoy last night, and so far as I am concerned, it was mission accomplished.

As for exercise, I'm not sure what I'm gonna be doing but it will certainly be something from today. I am confident I will be losing a couple of pounds at my WI which is all I can ever hope for or want for.

I have an urge to play some tennis, but can't find anywhere to play Grrrr. My neighbour has the same urge, and even bought a racquet yesterday - I haven't got the heart to tell him all the courts are closed for the winter lol.

I am also hoping to get some badminton sometime soon.

Back on plan now, just had my brekky, salad for lunch, and dinner is spaghetti carbonara. Yumptious!

Enjoy the weekend ♥

Hi Dave.

You are doing so well and sounds like you had a lovely time at the party. I think learning how to live your life and yet stick to SW is key for long term weight loss.

As for my binge last thursday I have to just write the day off and learn from it (i can't even taste one fingerful of cake batter as it is a trigger food)But since then i have been syn free each day. Hoping that I will scrape by with a sts as i do not want to go baack up to the next stone.

I am going to take a leaf out of your book for the following week as I have a few events coming up

1) a party on friday where there will be a buffet
2) running a half marathon on sunday and may go out to lunch afterwards (and will be starving !)
3) a party on tuesday with another buffet

So here is my plan on any day I do not have an event use minimum syns friday's party have something before i go so i am not starving (veg soup home made or fruit and yogurt) choose only things from the buffet that I love (normally eat anything and everything) I do not drink so that is no issue.

2) Take plenty of SW friendly food to the half marathon maybe your classic batchelor's savoury rice and hard boiled eggs and some yog and lots of fruit. As I don't know whether we are going out to lunch or not I would rather take too much and waste it then get too hungry. If I end up in a pub make sw friendly choices

3) The final party is the day before weigh in. So I think I will eat my normal tea before the party and avoid the buffet unless there is a nice cake, then I will have the smallest piece of cake.

Now to jsut stick to it.

Teresa

Hi Dave

You got to have a blow out once in a while and this is the time to do it...There will be loads of Christmas foody things to go to..

Well done on the awesome weight loss of both you and Mrs Dave..
You have done fantastically well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You must be really pleased!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy to announce the loss of 3 1/2lb this week!!!!!!!!!!Woop Woop!!! lol
I stayed on extra easy and reduced my syns to 10 a day....Seems to have paid off.......
I haven't lost that much since my first 2 weeks...
I am well chuffed....

Day off tomorrow and spending the whole day with my lovely OH...
Going out for lunch...Which will be a very good one.
I am determined to lose more weight next week....
At last I hope I've turned the corner....
Fingers crossed

Good luck on your weigh in...

Hil

Just a quick post to say how much I enjoy reading your diary. Your enthusiasm is contagious and quite inspirational. Thankyou. :)

Teresa, I think your quote "I think learning how to live your life and yet stick to SW is key for long term weight loss" is spot on! I like your plan for dealing with the events you have during the week, seems like you are right in the zone, I hope the scales reward you for the effort you are putting in. And good luck for your half marathon :)

Hil, 3.5lb? Superb loss, nice one :) You deserve it, you have stuck through it and now you are getting justly rewarded hope you feel proud of yourself!

Ozziemoz, love your name! Thanks for your kind words, and good luck in your journey :)

slinkydreams, welcome back! I haven't been here much either, there always seems to be so many other things to do doesn't there? Like with all good friends, seeing each other daily isn't as important as knowing they are there if you ever need them.

I've had an excellent few days as it goes, and I am gonna cut to the chase : WI last night saw me losing 3.5lbs, reaching my 3 stone SW award, and also getting my 4th SOTW award. I'm soooo pleased!

More importantly though (what could possibly be more important than weight loss to someone who is dieting you may ask?), those of you who have read my diary from the start will know I have an 'issue' about swimming in public - and that's putting it mildly haha.

Well ... I have been feeling pretty good about my body for ages, despite being still about 3 stone more than when I got married in 2003 - and I felt fat that day! My weight seems to be coming off 'differently' this time, I really can't explain it, but I feel fitter, and can cope with seeing myself in the mirror without being disgusted. Which I tell you, is great!

Anyway, and sorry for the rambling haha, I was watching my favourite show "The Biggest Loser" the other day, and Bob commented that swimmers have good shaped bodies. And it just made me think about the idea of going swimming for the first time in a very long time.

A few days later, I mentioned to the wife about it, and we decided to go the next day.

Of course, I bottled it, and backed out that evening, but a couple of days later we decided to do it.

And yesterday we did :D:D:D

We turned up at 09.00, just in time to watch a school of kids going into the pool. Gulp! But I wasn't getting up that early and walking to the pool for nothing, so we went for it.

We swam for an hour, it felt fine and although I couldn't say I felt grand, I did feel ok to get between the lockers and pool where I was hidden underwater lol.

Water seems to have gotten heavier, as I found it harder to swim than when I was younger ;)

It probably didn't help that I played 2 hours of badminton yesterday afternoon lol. I was an achy wreck this morning.

But I went swimming again :)

Hopefully I am past my swimming issues now, and with every week my fitness and body will be improving more and more so that should be the end of it :)

Bob was right though, swimmers DO have great bodies.

I love swimming to but have been terrified to go the past few years through a fear that everyones staring at me i went on a 3 week cruise last xmas and didnt go in the pool or the hot tubs once even though i really wanted to. I determined to stick to the plan this time and hopefully next summer i wont be to scared to put a cossie on.

Well done on you awards at class but more importantly congrats on plucking up the courage to go swimming i'm really happy for you :)

Thanks, I have been the same for years and years, and it ruined a Centreparcs holiday for me because of course swimming is free and everyone else was in the pool almost all day every day and I just couldn't face it. Interestingly though, I was up for it on arrival, but then my sister in law arrived and made some stupid comment about my moobs (man boobs) and that was it, no chance!! I was wearing a t shirt for god's sake!! I was so upset with her, but as far as I know she had no idea what she had even said! Some people just don't think about others.

I know I shouldn't be that highly strung, but we are what we are.

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY
Well done Dave...

I love swimming, but I haven't been for a while...My neighbour and I used to walk to the local leisure centre after work..
So we used to get there about 6.30pm and swim for an hour them walk home....Double exercise! mhahaha
Since she's had an operation we haven't been, but I may suggest starting again in a few weeks....She is like you very consious and she's had an op on her legs so it will be like starting from scratch for her....
It took her a while to get into the zone to go swimming...She'll get there...

Well done on the weight loss too...Excellent results....
I had a text from my consultant earlier telling me I was SOTW Monday, but I couldn't stay to class, so I got a sticker for my book and a certificate waiting for me when I go next time..
First time i've been SOTW...Well chuffed

wow Dave you write such inspiring posts. you are very gifted to put it all down in words!

I am so impressed with your weight loss again this week. WELL DONE and SOW again excellent. Amazing you did this and had an evening out all because you planned well!

Also how brave of you to go swimming.

I think often people are rude to men about their weight because they think men don't worry about their weight so it is all a big joke. My husband has been very hurt by people's comments and usually women. Most men would never laugh and joke to a woman's face about their weight but women think it is ok to do to men.(i know i am generalising)

Does your consultant give out body magic awards? Until tonight our leader has not but she started today and i volunteered to be in charge of the body magic chart :) i love being a helper. I also got my bronze award, my leader said with all my running i am probably platinum already but i want to work my way through the awards (i want those stickers LOL)

Also because of your comment s i have been eating a lot of batchelor's savoury rice and loving it. Especially the thai sweet chill and curry. Less so the chinese one.

Also di i read you have had the quorn 'meat' balls ? As I have had those a few times this week and LOVE them .

Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Teresa

Well done on getting back in the water :D:winner:

I bet 'Mrs Dave' was well chuffed with you :family2:

Just think by next year you will have gone from :gen157: to :character00180:

Really glad you had a great time at your 'do' even without the dancing!! :party0023:

By the way, when you mentioned Bob said that swimmers have good bodies, all I could think of was "How does he explain whales then?" :D:D:D

Glad you are getting on so well. Me? Jealous? You betcha!! :p

Really enjoy reading your posts, and replying gives me a good opportunity to try even more of the smilies!!!! :D:D:D :thankyou:

Lonestitcher, you do make me laugh with all your emoticons :D

Tfmd - I'm delighted for you that you've overcome that plateau you were stuck in and lost 3.5lb. Well done for sticking with it, it is easy to get discouraged isn't it? I know that feeling.

Dave - what can I say? I've obviously been in close contact with you and know how well you've been doing. To say you've put your heart and soul into making this plan work for you and exercising hard is an understatement. When I saw you last week you looked amazing. A lot of that is down to the exercise for sure but you have achieved so much in such a short space of time and for you to go swimming and getting over that 'mental' hurdle is something I'm sure you're proud of.

Fortunately I don't have that problem with going swimming. If people are offended by my size they can look the other way lol. I do admit though that I am looking forward to having a figure to show off when I get to target!

Looking forward to seeing you and Al tomorrow night and pinching your food off your plate when you're not looking!

Haha, as if he'd let me :D

We were talking on the phone earlier and drooling over the menu for tomorrow night. We're still undecided about what we want...I think the general consensus is to have everything on the menu - twice. But back to the real world...lol

Hi Hil, congrats on getting SOTW you must be buzzing still :) Now I am back 'in the zone' as you put it so well with the swimming, I can't work out what my problem was! It is a little like karaoke, you really wanna do it, but it takes you ages to build up the courage, but once you've done it nobody can get you off the stage haha. I've been three times now. On the third day, I bumped into one of the other members of my group who is an instructor down there. She checked out my stroke (oooerrr missus lol) and gave me some exercises to help burn calories. Great stuff :)

Teresa, I think I can trace back my negativity toward swimming to an experience I had WITH A KID!! Kids are just honest, they don't know about tact, nor seem to care about rudeness anyway most of them. And I just wanted to kill him for what he said. But I bottled it up for years instead. I should be bigger than that (excuse the pun) but sometimes it just gets right under your skin. I still have a disgusting body, and tbh I do pity anyone having to see it in the pool, but to me it is over 4 stone better than it was so I actually like it lol, and they will just have to put up with it. We don't have body magic awards at my group, nor SOTM awards, not does the SOTW get a fridge magnet like some do. I feel like I'm missing out haha. Welcome to the Batchelor's savoury rice appreciation society, membership : 2 ;) My favourite will always remain the golden one I reckon, but I have become partial to the mild curry one too. I'm not keen on the chicken one.

Lonestitcher, I can't believe you mentioned the word 'whale' with reference to my thread about finally getting the nerve to go swimming again. You set me back years LOL. Kidding of course :) I need to start using emoticons again cos you add all the colour to my diary at the moment, lol love it :)

Rie, I wish I had the same confidence/balls as you in the swimming pool. I think it is slightly different as you get to cover your entire body whereas we basically just wear shorts. I know it doesn't leave much to the imagination with a ladies swimsuit but at least you're not naked. Not sure if I am explaining that well lol. I could of course just get around it by wearing a swimsuit :D

We went out to TGI Fridays last night for a 21st Birthday Party. Always planned to totally come away from SW that night, as the menu there was just delish and as a one off, for one of my 21 meals this week, I was just gonna enjoy it for what it was. And it was a feast :)

I had mozarella cheese slice things for starters, which were mouthwateringly delicious, followed by 'Wicked chicken' for main, with shared sides of cajun onion rings and fries, and had a chocolate cake thing with clotted cream and to finish off two bits of birthday cake. BUT ... I had diet coke all night so that evens it out :)

I don't regret last night, I had a brilliant time, really loved the food from start to finish. I had been saving syns all week to help out, and I am back on plan today.

I am at a meeting Tuesday night, which will have a big buffet there. I am gonna stay quite low on my syns again until then, and not have dinner that night, so that I can enjoy the buffet on the night.

I don't expect to lose much, or maybe anything, the next couple of weeks, but this is the festive season and my diet is for the rest of my life (I shall still go to class when I am at goal weight). It needs to be practical for me, and I need to enjoy life otherwise I reckon I will struggle to stick to it in the long term.

Hope you are all finding it a pleasure to stick to plan, managing to keep your focus when it matter the most, and having a great weekend. Also hope the weather is better where you are, as mine is awful!

Hi Dave, i havent been around much lately but love your postive attitude and the way you deal with balancing out your treats . A shining example to us all !!

A diet is for life,not just for christmas LOL

Back