Dave's diary - back on plan, back on Minimins

Lower syn options? Muhahahaha I don't think you understand ;)

When I have indian I have the same thing : chicken madras, pilau rice, plain naan, couple of onion bhajees, few popadums. Yum haha

I have been feeling really tired today - Mainly due to getting up at 03.30 the last few mornings for work and not sleeping well - and that coupled with the cold again put me off a ride. I do hope it warms up again soon.

Of course, I am still banned from the swimming too so that wasn't an option.

I decided to do some Wii fit while the wife did the school runs. I did 50 minutes of jogging, with weights on my ankles and wrists. In terms of distance jogged according to the Wii I didn't do too well but then I wasn't looking for a certain distance really, just to get a bit of exercise. Mission accomplished methinks!

I've just seen this table on another thread here in Miniminiminimins, showing the classes of under/over weight according to BMI:

BMI ---- Weight Status
Below 18.5 Underweight
18.5 – 24.9 Healthy
25.0 – 29.9 Overweight
30.0 – 34.9 Obese
35.0 – 39.9 Severely Obese
40.0 –49.9 Morbidly Obese
50.0 and Above Super Obese

I was morbidly obese when I joined SW last September (BMI of 43.1), but am now 'only' severely obese. But more importantly I have only 0.5 more to drop and I go into the obese category. And I will be very happy to do so in a very very strange way haha.

Not sure what 0.5 equates to for a 6'2'' man but I'm sure it is soon in terms of time.

Dinner tonight is Quorn sausages, SW chips, fried eggs and baked beans.

I have been reading about this new push from SW to include one third superfree with all meals and I don't like it. Sounds like Extra Easy to me. All the while green works as it has been, I shall continue following it as I have.

So there SW :)

well done dave u are doing great and still so positive wish i could get a bit get up and get on with some exercise still loving ee tho today went a bit off plan as was at funeral

eve, thanks, and going off plan on occassion isn't a problem so long as you get back on plan again, which I am confident you will have done :) SW is for life, and in life we can't always be as healthy as we'd like. We have to live in between the diet, and there will be times you have to let your hair down. The important thing is that SW educates us with how to lose weight, and how to maintain weight, so we can go up and down the diet gears as necessary around our real lives.

Weemo, thanks I have weighed myself this morning (SSShhhh don't tell anyone hehe) and I was a mere 19st 3lbs - the lowest weight I have been since I don't know when.

I had a good ride yesterday, about ten miles, in about 40 minutes, and it had a few hardish hills in it too. I had originally planned on it being a longer ride about 17/18 miles but it got too cold! Gonna have to invest in some riding tracksuit bottoms or something.

I am going out after lunch for a colleague's leaving do, and have already planned ahead that I can have 3 25ml vodka and diet cokes and be well within today's syns. And if that seems boring, and I guess it is lol, I can't stay long anyway as I have my sister and her fella and kids coming over for dinner so it will all work out perfectly :)

Hi Lise70 and thanks for your kind message, well done for getting through my entire diary it must have taken you ages!! I'll be testing you later lol. Good luck with your weight loss and feel free to pop in anytime :)

Everything went to plan yesterday in the pub at my friend's leaving do. I had 3 25ml vodka and diet cokes, then finished with just a diet coke so that I didn't go over my syns. Interestingly, even my colleagues have stopped ribbing me for how high a priority I have made SW to my life. Usually I would get it in the ear about not having lager, counting drinks, having girly drinks, etc, but actually we spent ages talking about weight loss. I'm turning them hehe

Then my sister, her boyfriend and kids came over for dinner, we had a marvellous evening. Hadn't seen them for ages and ages. We had Quorn balti for dinner, still very much my favourite of all the SW meals we have had. They too came over mainly to talk diets. They are both joining their local SW class soon.

If I was on commission for the amount of people I have convinced to join SW I wouldn't ever have to pay for another meeting lol.

We tried a new meal this evening ... double pasta lasagne. And it didn't go well lol. Won't be having that again, although we all agreed Batchelor's pasta n sauce cheese leek and ham (1 syn per pack) with 42g Cathedral City lighter (HEa) melted on it is OMG superb lol, and that will most definitely become a lunch for us. And soon :)

I go back onto late turn tomorrow at work again, which means having dinners at lunchtime and lunches at work at dinnertime.

I was meant to be working on WI day, Tuesday, and I couldn't arrange a swap Grrr, so I got annual leave instead. Don't want to miss a WI unless I have no alternative.

We have also decided, and this will be the first time since I started on SW, to have an off-plan treat after my WI. Indian. Mmmmmm. I will have usual brekky (HEa and HEb), salad for lunch (HEa, HEb and 2 syns for the salad cream) then I will be syn free for the rest of the day. I know my indian is gonna be waaaaaaaay more than the 13 syns I have left that day but it is only one meal out of 21 that week, and we've earned it :)

I have an appointment on Wednesday morning to get my ear syringed, and I can't wait, because as soon as it is done I can swim again. I hope. I've really missed it. Funny how things turn around isn't it lol. Few months ago I wouldn't have dreamed I'd feel like that!

I have a busy weekend coming up which is great ... Friday afternoon / evening I am out at a friend's playing poker - not sure what my food plan is yet for that day but it will be 100% on plan, saturday we have family over for a belated christmas get-together and a buffet - again will be 100% whatever happens, and then Sunday we are out in the afternoon seeing old friends and then in the evening I am going to pizza hut for a colleague's birthday party - will bury myself in the salad bar and have diet cokes lol.

And on another exciting point, this Friday is payday, and will see another £100 get paid off on my road bike. Just four more weeks to wait then until it is mine :)

Welcome to February everyone, 1/12 of the way through the year already!! Where does it all go?

Being the first of the month it was time to get my box of clothes that have been too small down from the top of the wardrobe, and again try them all again. Had my best visit to the box yet!! Managed to pull about half of it all out. My wife isn't best pleased of course as she has to get them washed and ironed.

In fact, there were a few more I could have pulled out but decided to give it another month for good measure lol. I could sense divorce papers coming my way if I put any more on the washing pile ;)

Most of my t-shirts came out the box today, they feel like a better fit than ever, although most of them are quite short. Bad timing really, because by the time summer gets here they will probably all be too big lol.

I do need to go through my wardrobe though and start to get rid of clothes which are now just too big. No point hanging onto them as I will never be putting that weight back on.

Which is the best way to get rid of them? I might have to start a post in fact :)

As well as being a new month it is also a new week, and good luck to everyone for your WIs this week. If you have been good then I hope you have been rewarded on the scales, and if you have been naughty then you need a telling off but I still hope you have a good WI lol.

All the best ♥

hey Dave, well done on getting into your old clothes, it's great isn't it. I gave lots to the charity shop, but did keep a pair of work trousers which now look positively massive- was i really that big?? (yes!)
Hope the ear syringing goes ok and enjoy that Indian meal:)

dave, just wanted to say thanks for your ongoing motivational posts!! I cleared out part of my garage this week and found 5 pairs of jeans/trousers which now fit as well as a couple of work dresses - i'm sure you feel as good as me - it's great getting into smaller sizes. good luck for wi tomorrow ngiht

Thanks ladies, and you're absolutely right it is great knowing that you can get into clothes that haven't fitted for years, although having to throw away the bigger clothes is hard as I love so many of them lol.

I think I'm gonna ebay the ones that are good and good quality, and if they want them the charity shop can have what's left.

Even if I only get a pound for something it can all go toward refreshing my wardrobe further down the line.

WI day is upon me again, seems to have come around quick this week lol. Comparing my weight this morning to my weight 2 weeks ago in the morning I am 4lb lighter, which I think will mean a 2lb loss tonight, which I would be pleased with. I didn't want to compare it to last week as I got up at stupid o'clock last Tuesday and I know it makes a difference to my weight.

If it does end up being more or less that's no problem, I just like to have an idea. And if it is wildly wrong one way or the other then I shall stop trying to pre-empt it completely lol.

This morning I am going to go through my wardrobes and drawers and sort out what is just toooooooo baggy now. And this afternoon I am playing badminton.

I shall come home, nice bath, go to WI, then INDIAN :)

Not that I'm really excited or anything lol

Good luck for weigh and enjoy that indian.(i thought you were going for chinese?)

Savor every bite and feel no guilt. Don't waste the treat night.

Just back OP 100 % tomorrow which you are so good at.

I keep telling my hubby about your amazing losses hoping it will inspire him !! Wish I could get him to come to SW with me .

Teresa

I've read your dairy Dave and your such an inspiration.

I to have been going swimming and really enjoy it, found the gym was getting boring and i wasn't going.

Good luck with weigh in and enjoy your Indian

Thanks for the messages everyone, had a SUPER SMASHING GREAT WI :D:D

I lost 3½lbs, picked up my 4½ stone award, SOTW too, and even won on the raffle lol.

Then to top that ... I picked up my new food directory which I have been waiting for, also picked up the new magazine, AND didn't even pay for my WI as it was my Club 10 reward.

Carlsberg don't do WI's ... :party0019: lol

And my indian ... Oh .. My ... God ... it was delish!! And I mean DELISH!!

I wasn't gonna miss an opportunity so I had LOADS lol - chicken madras, pilau rice, plain naan, an onion bajhee, and a couple of popadums too.

I have a sneaky ickle feeling it may have come to more than the 13 syns I had left for the day ... but if you don't tell the WI gods I won't either :)

Right back on plan from the morning - well, now I guess!

I have an appointment with the docs in the morning to get my ear syringed. Hopefully once that's done all my hearing problems will be gone AND I'll be able to go swimming again too. It's incredibly frustrating to WANT to go swimming, and also to HAVE a free swimming pass, and not be able to go haha.

Oooooh that indian was nice :)

I have a sneaky ickle feeling it may have come to more than the 13 syns I had left for the day ... but if you don't tell the WI gods I won't either :)

Miss! Miss! Miissssss!! He was naughty, he was!!! :p

Excellent news about the weight loss and congrats on all your awards! I've got 3lbs til my club 10 and I think I will go out for dinner for that to reward myself! Haven't found a decent curry house here yet so might have to be for a chinese!

**whistles innocently**

Club 10 is a great achievement, but I wish they did a Club 20 / 30 / etc too lol.

Best of luck with your next WIs and I think you're right a good chinese beats an average/poor indian!

Went to the Docs this morning, ear syringing didn't work, Grrr. Have to go back in at least 5 days for it again. Just booked my appointment and it's not until 17th February :(

But on a far brighter note the nurse I spoke to today knew of no reason why I couldn't swim in the meanwhile, so I'm back in the pool from tomorrow :)

I've got Quorn swedish style meatballs and noodles for lunch today, which is always good, and then I'll be taking my packing up with me to work this afternoon.

Should be home by ten tonight, so I can get a bit of Wii fit squeezed in too.

I am getting the hump with how everything on SW is now geared toward EE, so in protest I am going to start a Green-day group on Facebook haha. Somewhere us naughty green day fans can meet up and chat without those bully EEers kicking sand in our face :)

I'll post the link once it's done. I feel like such a rebel haha.

Congrats on your WI :)

I agree with you about EE, went to my first meeting last night and it seemed everyone in there was saying how they don't like it and don't lose much doing EE days, and the leader was proclaiming it to be the best thing ever, needless to say im on a green day today.

well done on WI results!!! indian sounds amazing :)

Back