Day 1 and here for the long haul. . . . . . . . . .

I find tiredness on this diet is sometimes overwhelming.
Other times I can bounce about like the best 4yr old !!!
You are doing well regardless :)

Well done on day 2, keep up the good work x

Thanks Marge & mrs mac

The sun being out just makes me want to be slim NOW lol :)

Can't wait to get back into my slimmer summer clothes x

Just wanted to say hi and welcome. I look forward to reading your progress. Need to look into this smart shaker :) xxx

Just wanted to say hi and welcome. I look forward to reading your progress. Need to look into this smart shaker :) xxx

Thanks for the welcome Carrie,
The smart shaker is fab :) well worth the £7 or so it cost :)

Is that the same as the wire ball one ?
:)

sounds like your doing well, my goal date is around the same as yours, want to be at goal by end of July, start of August at the latest as the weddings on the 10th

Is that the same as the wire ball one ?
:)

I was lucky the fella in the shop gave me a wire ball to go in mine :) I have never used a shaker until this week and expressed my concerns and how unsure i was which one would be best so he gave me the metal ball as well lol.

sounds like your doing well, my goal date is around the same as yours, want to be at goal by end of July, start of August at the latest as the weddings on the 10th

Doing good so far but as I know from past experience that can change at the drop of a hat so fingers crossed I keep on track.

Not sure I will be at goal by my party but certainly by the time we go to Egypt, good luck Sammy and fingers crossed we can support / motivate each other along the way :)

I was lucky the fella in the shop gave me a wire ball to go in mine :) I have never used a shaker until this week and expressed my concerns and how unsure i was which one would be best so he gave me the metal ball as well lol.

Thats what I have. My friend gave it to me, as she/her husband uses some sort of protein shake thing, and gets the shakers free whenever they place specific orders.
I cannot believe that I managed to make soups/shakes before without it !!
I did use my hand blender when in the house. But used to have other stuff lumpy when out and about.
Not any more :D
Lump free-ness rules !! :D

Thats what I have. My friend gave it to me, as she/her husband uses some sort of protein shake thing, and gets the shakers free whenever they place specific orders.
I cannot believe that I managed to make soups/shakes before without it !!
I did use my hand blender when in the house. But used to have other stuff lumpy when out and about.
Not any more :D
Lump free-ness rules !! :D

I was honestly gobsmacked at how good it is :)
When I was on Cambridge I always bought ready made shakes as I couldn't stand the thought of lumps although like yourself I used a stick blender at home for soups and for porridge.

Day 16 today or day 3 on Exante and the scales have had a nice drop this morning :)
My loss was only 1lb on Sunday ( 12lb in total ) but I was TOTM so I hoped for a nice drop and although its not official until Sunday I'm happier than I was. It's just what I needed to keep me bang on track :)

I'm working today, 14hr start and should be home around 23.30 so my first work day on this plan. I only have soups and bars so will have a soup early afternoon then take a soup and bar to work. As I'm so impressed with my shaker I will order some cold shakes but I was worried about lumps and thought the soup would mix better. It mixes fab so I will try the cold shakes and see how I go.

Nothing else to report this morning, hope everyone has another good day :)

Slimmerforsummer ! ! ! !

Just a quickie, I've been looking at my Cambridge card and am very close to the weight I was this week last year, all being well my losses will continue as last time although I'm conscious I need to up my game on the walking front as I done 5 to 12 mile walks weekly last year so that would have helped.

I'm in the zone as I'm also regretting cancelling my gym subscription. I would have tried my 30 day shred DVD but Tesco delivery is due then I need to get ready for work so will consciously THINK about it tomorrow lol I know it sounds stupid but I'm worried my neighbours will hear it and think I've lost the plot :)

Have to say I'm feeling on top of the world knowing I can be how I was last summer and the only thing that can stop me is myself !
My mother in law is away until June 10th so I'm wanting to wow her again, I don't need her approval but she's ideal as she is someone who doesn't see me everyday :)
I bought a 18 dress and some tunic tops at Xmas and can't wait for them to be too big.
We're due a new work uniform and I do not want to have to order " big " sizes ( although they are always tiny fitting.

I've got loads of weekends away planned / booked but have cancelled a wedding and a birthday party as they are 2 things I can get out of :) I won't feel I'm missing out as I have do many other things booked.

Sorry to ramble but I am seriously excited again about this :) I know I can do it and its clicked again at last.

I WILL BE SLIM BY SUMMER :)

You sound really motivated, that's fantastic, you'll do brilliantly!

Thanks, I guess I back in the zone, just gutted its the 2nd time but hey Ho it's all a learning curve, curve being the operative word lol.

Just had the Thai chicken soup before I head out to work and I have to say it was flipping fab.
Chocolate shake ( Cambridge ) and a fruit bar for later :) I seriously do not feel like I'm on a diet at all, so many choices and all so tasty.

I'm going to try my hardest not to weigh everyday but its so flipping hard :) will see if I can string it out until Friday then official weigh in on Sunday when I'm sure I will be in the 14 st bracket :)

Hope everyone has a good day x x

This is the place to ramble chick :D
It definitely keeps me from going mad ;)
Your plans all sound great :)
And I love the idea of :wow:ing your mother in law :D

Evening all

Just in from work and day 16 completed.

I had my Thai chicken soup prior to leaving for work and it was fab. At work I had a Cambridge mint choc shake ( cold but fab )
I've had 3 ltr of fizzy water and a mug of bouillon.

I'm now going to force myself to have my 3rd product ( very late I know but I've just not been hungry )
Going to enjoy my fruit n nut bar whilst catching up on the soaps.

I've just made hubby's lunch for work tomorrow, nice salmon and crab salad, mixed peppers etc and for once I'm thinking about healthy choices once I get to goal. I've just invested in a slow cooker so I can prepare his evening meal before I leave for work and again I'm thinking of healthy choices for him. He's not actively looking to lose weight but he is also enjoying the change and feeling better for it. I've stopped buying as much white bread as usual and am buying pitta breads and wraps so the kids ( 16 and 19 ) will also notice differences lol, that includes not buying crisps anymore :-( not sure how they will react when they notice hehe. The good thing is I'm not buying the things which would usually tempt me and that I could usually crave :) In the long run we will all benefit. The only downside is I'm finding nice fresh produce way more expensive than fast foods ?

Girls how do you plan to maintain ? Are you going to switch to a slimming club type plan or just continue with low carb ?
Maintenance or lack of it was my issue last time so I want to be fully prepared this time x x x

I never understood why fresh food is more expensive than junk food either :confused:

I do cook fresh food now. Im not really a big ding dinner or take away person anyway :)
My portion control is rubbish though :eek:
So I really need to work on that for maintenance :)

I never understood why fresh food is more expensive than junk food either :confused:

I do cook fresh food now. Im not really a big ding dinner or take away person anyway :)
My portion control is rubbish though :eek:
So I really need to work on that for maintenance :)

Neither do i.
It annoys me when they talk about Britain getting fatter and they think that taxing fast foods and fatty foods is a good idea, its not! Don't make any food more expensive but DO make healthy/ fresh food cheaper. That would be a much better incentive to tackle the problem in my book!

Morning all :)

On reflection although our shopping has shot up we have kind of saved as I've not bought crisps or other junk and the crisps we do have are out of sight so not as easy for the kids to just grab on the go, healthier all round.

I'm a bit gutted today the scales have had a small gain even though I've been 100%, I don't know why we put some much importance in what the scales say but it does get into your head :-(
I've not had a drop for 2 days and now. 1lb on is sickening ! I'm sure I will be fine by Sunday but just argggggggggggggggggggg bloody numbers !
I'm working a earlier shift today 13 hr till 21hr which cold muck up my routine but I won't allow it. Will have a soup before I go and take a bar to have whilst at work then my 3rd product later. I'm still enjoying everything and still feel in the zone. No temptations so far. 2 weeks till I meet up with friends whom I've not seen since I was a size 12 at my wedding :-( so need to do everything possible to drop as much as I can in the next couple of weeks, not that I think I will be a 12 pmsl but every little helps and most of the time it's about how you feel inside.

Hubby's tea in the slow cooker, his offering today is chicken and bacon soup to which I will add dumplings before I leave for work, he won't like them soggy but at least he can have a little stodge. I'm actually finding preparing his meals quite therapeutic as I don't usually do it. Strange how Cambridge works in our heads.

Anyway hope you all have another good day :)

Back