Day 1... = Difficult!!! Does it get better??

I had to wait for my consultant to come back offer hold to start and ican remember feeling like that too x

starting weight: 13st 10. Week one -9lb

Hi Gem!

Well done on your loss!! :) you're doing such a great job!!

I'm still sole source +ing but my own version really! I've actually been having the meals on the ss+ list and one shake a day. I feel that's working for me, I am down to 11stone, I know my losses are slow but atleast I can do some exercise and eat food! :)

Hopefully will lose my half stone to get to target by august!

Hi miss positive!! It's good that you can't wait to get started to lose the weight! Remember this eagerness and where u want to get to with your weight loss journey when u start the diet! It's so easy to forget and feel like you are torturing yourself..I did! Hence this thread I created lol, I even had some tears in my first day because it was so difficult for me...BUT..... It gets so much better once u r in ketosis and you will be motivated by your own weight loss which is a great feeling xxx

ah thanks both! Ive had my products and having my first weigh in this Friday so my first day tomorrow, 12st 8lbs but hey ho this will be my heaviest weight ever - i am going to get to my target weight this time, i had a box of ketosis sticks so will use them after a few days. My consultant warned me about how hard its going to be but I have no choice if I want to get this weight off - I want results like yours steady and consistent. I will keep you posted, good luck both, xx

Good luck miss positive!!! :) xx

Yes I cried on my first day to!! I was so eager to start but had no idea how hard the first few days would be. I think that's what keeps me motivated sometimes as I don't want to do that again! x

starting weight: 13st 10. Week one -9lb

Morning! I've finally started and feeling good about it, had a chocolate shake, I was dreading making breakfast for he children but I managed Ive got that weight loss in mind and determined to stick to plan, its not going to be easy but I know the results will be worth it. Ive got loads of ironing to this afternoon so that will keeo me busy & Ill have a read of 50 shades of grey so should be ok today!!! x Good luck all

How's the day going miss positive? Xx

Hiya, its been ok so far just feeling a bit hungry so Ive been drinking lots of water. Ive been reading a lot of reviews and they are discussing sole source plus, it sounds easier as you get to eat 1 meal a day, what are your views on this also Im not sure what you are allowed to eat, maybe Ill ask my cdc on Friday, im only half way through day 1 and i want to eat did you feel like this (IM BEATING MYSELF UP A BIT I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE HARD......)

Roll on day 3....things will get easier then, going to bed early tonite may even go at 6pm, lol,xxx

zimmum said:
I'm still sole source +ing but my own version really! I've actually been having the meals on the ss+ list and one shake a day. I feel that's working for me, I am down to 11stone, I know my losses are slow but atleast I can do some exercise and eat food! :) xxx

I love that you created your own SS+ version zimmum and are still losing! Who says your weigjt losses are slow, i think because you haven't got a mountain to shift that your losses might be 'slower' plus just think of how much weight you'd be losing on a 'normal' diet so to speak!

Reading back through this thread i bet you can't believe how far away day one seemed! I still can't believe I was actually sick on my day one!

Gembo80 it's great to read your progress and that you've moved out of the 3lbs club ;) how are you finding things today? Like you I seriously underestimated how hard the first few days would be and I still can't believe I'm still here after years of doing crazy fad diets! I thought Cambridge was just a fad... An expensive fad and so didn't give it a go but I think what a bumper I should have done it ages ago! How much does this week's weight loss take you to now Hun?

Stick with it, the first few days are so hard but it will be worth it, drink lots I was drinking g 4litres of water some days to keep the hunger off. And yes keeping your self occupied works to. You've got through the majority of day one now, well done and look forward to your first weigh in x x

Bless you! I felt exactly the same!!! I went to bed really early or at least I tried to on my first day!! :) and a few days after too lol! Have a look somewhere on this forum people have put before n after pics of themselves! This will help keep you motivated towards ur goal xx

If you want to lose the weight fast, then sole source is the way to go! You still lose weight on sole source plus! It all depends on you really,what you want to achieve in your own time!

I did 100% sole source for 3 weeks (lost 9lbs) and have been on sole source plus since (2weeks, lost 6lbs).. Because I only had about a stone and a half to lose in the first place my weight loss has been in small quantities each week! Being on sole source plus works for me as im eating proper food and still losing the weight :)(and i stopped getting the migraines I had with sole source)

You are doing great!!! X

@shazzy shaz,

Day 1 feels like a loooong time ago! So glad I stuck with it! Am definitely more confident in myself for shifting the weight off!!! :)

We should all be proud of our achievements!! :) :)

zimmum said:
@shazzy shaz,

Day 1 feels like a loooong time ago! So glad I stuck with it! Am definitely more confident in myself for shifting the weight off!!! :)

We should all be proud of our achievements!! :) :)

I actually love you zimmum! You've bought me back from the brink of gorging on cheese and toast this afternoon with your lovely words and fabulous advice! I wouldn't have gotten through today without you! We all deserve a well done whoop for our efforts :D ! Xx

Aww well done for staying away from the cheese on toast!!! Glad i was of help!!! Afterall We are all here to help each other out :)

Today Im having a day off, have a mega migraine which started yesterday! Am now on prescribed meds for these bloody migraines :(

Hope everyone's having a good day! X

Hey everyone!! So Had weigh in today and have lost 4lbs this week!! :) don't know how that's possible with all the naughty food I've eaten! But I'm not complaining :-D

How's everyone getting on?? X

Yeah!! You are out off the 3lb club!!! I bet your chuffed, shows how sole source plus is suiting you much better even with naughty things as well!!

Well done hun really pleased for you x x

How are you migraines? x

Thanks Gem! Yes v pleased to be out of the 3lb club for sure! ;) this migraine I've had started on Sunday and still have it but much better on meds! Couldn't even open my eyes to the daylight yesterday that's how bad it was! First attack since coming off sole source! Have had a stressful few days with little one having high temp abd sleepless nights since her vaccines maybe that's related, I dunno?! Have been putting it down to diet recently but need to look into what my triggers are!! Touch wood I never have it this bad again, ever! Xx

I don't think the diet helps with it being a very low calorie diet, and I think it just makes other triggers bigger if that makes sense. I'm lucky don't really suffer with migraines but I can get really bad headaches that last for days x

Yes that's very true! On a very low calorie diet the body will shed off the excess fat but in some cases it will hold onto it cos it thinks your body is going into starvation mode!

Im no health freak but One thing I don't like about the diet is the artificial sweetners used in almost everything! Aspartame is really bad for us! Did you know that when it is in our body it actually breaks down into formaldehyde!!! In some countries aspartame is banned and otherwise known as the "sweet poison"

Back