Day 1... = Difficult!!! Does it get better??

I think you have to accept that you will feel rubbish until you're in ketosis, however when "in" it you then feel by all accounts pretty fantastic !

I have wondered what exactly we are putting in our bodies but didn't dare to look, taking the ignorance is bliss approach! It is quite frightening but it's not forever, although when it's the only thing I'm having I do wonder what it's doing to my body the only benefit is that maybe with all the water were drinking it may flush some if the chemicals out! x

Its lots of viatamins and minerals and the right sort of fat/protien to keep your body going, the big thing is for me is that being overweight is incredibly damaging to your long term health and this diet is so "quick" that even if it does pose risks its worth it for the long term.

That's a really good way of looking at it!! Yes I'm sure the water flushes out a lot! Another incentive to drink more water ay ;-)

korbendallas said:
Its lots of viatamins and minerals and the right sort of fat/protien to keep your body going, the big thing is for me is that being overweight is incredibly damaging to your long term health and this diet is so "quick" that even if it does pose risks its worth it for the long term.

Yeah totally agree, it wouldn't put me off doing the diet as I know it's only short term but it does make you think about what's going in your body. I'm on sole source so not had any fresh fruit or veg for almost six weeks now x

Yeah totally agree, it wouldn't put me off doing the diet as I know it's only short term but it does make you think about what's going in your body. I'm on sole source so not had any fresh fruit or veg for almost six weeks now x

Yep I am on SS too, only 9 days in so far I am taking multi vitamines and hair and nail vitamins, to help on that side of things. Your bodys fat stores have become the source of fuel and the packs pretty much just give you the minimum amount you need of everything.

My main thinking on it is the human body is obviously designed with this ability to use fat stores to power us for a limited amount of time so it cant be too detrimental our overall health.

I'm not slagging of CD by any way! I know that it's pack with a whole lot of nutrients and vitamins.. And it does help with weight loss!! It's helped me get to where I am now!

I Was just stating that everything has artificial sweetners in it! Yet there are so many alternative safer sweetners that could be used! Personally i dont think aspartame is one of them...

For someone who suffered with migraines once a month, and started getting them every two days whilst on the SS diet I can't help but look into what I'm putting into my body, esp when you are given the impression that it is packed with all the right nutrients your body requires to function. After two weeks of being off SS I had my first migraine! That tells me something for my own body... I guess everyone is different! I like to know how and why things work hence brought up this discussion on aspartame as I am convinced it played some part in my frequent migraines... X

Had my weigh on friday lost 2lb! I am 1lb off losing two stone!! Only a small loss this week even though it was my 6th week of sticking to it 100% but in the last three weeks I've lost 12lb so I suppose it's just evening out.

Went out for a meal on Saturday and it was very strange to eat again and I felt quite scared to eat, was glad to get back on the shakes on Sunday,

7th week on Cambridge here we come!!

Gem x

Wow that's great stuff Hun! You are doing so well! I've really fallen off my diet this week.. We have had a problem with our broadband so no tv, no Internet for a whole week has resulted in boredom and hence lots of snacking ( healthy and unhealthy!) I have gained 2lbs!

Need to get serious again! Finding it hard to motivate myself again!

Oh no and you were doing so well, I'm finding it hard with the sunshine cooked everyone a Bbq last night and didn't have any which is good but it was hard!

Went out for that meal on sat was really strange to eat and almost didn't trust myself so I was glad to get back onto the shakes on Sunday

x

I know Hun! We had a BBQ today and I had not one but two bread rolls!!! Feeling like I have a sack of bricks just hit my tummy! Not good! It really is hard with the sunshine! Had my first glass of wine last night in god knows how long? 2 months maybe??!!! I couldn't even finish it though! Lol!

Been still drinking loads of water just need to stop the bad foods and get back into it!

Aww! Glad you had a great night out though! You did wise by going back to the shakes! A part of me wishes that i stuck with sole source a bit longer in spite of the headaches...to get to my target!! Even tho I know realistically it was not an option for me... It's a slippery slide once u start eating food ESP when u see that u are still losing the weight, cos then temptation strikes and it's hard to resist! With SS there is NO cheating!

Hope u have an awesome weekend xx

I think with me is that I need to be striped and re-educated on how to eat again, it's been really hard this week with eating on Saturday it was too soon for me to eat I think, and I know if I didn't get back on the shakes I would easily slip back into my old ways. The only problem is August is a bit of a nightmare month, got a meal out, we are going to London for two days and we are going camping for a week. Normally I would be really excited but I just know how far it's going to put me back and how much longer I will need to do sole source for. I know this is sad and I shouldnt think like this!

Sorry having a right moan and feeling sorry for myself.

x x

I shouldn't be offering advice since I have gone downhill this week! But take August as a challenge! If u can take some shakes with you on ur trip to London and camping trip etc... And where u do eat food try to go for the SS+ options... Of course there will be times where u do have the odd naughty food but hopefully will balance out with all the good food u eat as well! Not forgetting all the water u drink

I feel like I have been moaning and moping for the last two weeks! I need a good kick to get back on track! You are not moaning! It's only natural to feel like this ESP after achieving such a big weight loss! U will be fine I'm sure of it! U have done so well so far! Xx

Thank you that means so much, I feel like I've got to my half way point but feel like I can't reach the end in time. No idea what the rush is but just want to get to target and eat normally and be able to control my weight before it becomes a major problem again. x x

You are doing a fab job! I wish I had half the willpower you have! I really do!!

I read somewhere a really good quote on diets... It basically said sonething along the lines of " if you eat healthy and exercise well, -there is no need to diet" and WE too will get there!!! Xxx

We will! And I am never letting myself get this overweight again as I don't want to go through this again as much as I think the diet is good it's so hard at times

x

Had my weigh in on Friday, lost 2lbs. Chuffed as I want out for a meal on the Saturday before, wascreasonablybgood when i went out had some olives, a few pieces of feta a piece of bread, ham and then had half a chicken breast, one porato and some veg. Got straight back into the shakes the next day. Hit my two stone as well!

Gem x

starting weight: 13st 10. Week one -9lb

Hi veggiebabe

What day are you on? I was in ketosis by day three, stick with it it's all worth it and it does get easier.

These first few days are the hardest ever, try to occupy yourself and just focus on each day. I kept a diary of what flavour shakes I had and how much water and each day at the end I felt great as I was a step closer to my weigh in day

x

I am only on day 1 lol i was feeling really hungry even though I've drank lots of water but i started chewing gum and I've not felt hungry since :) Ive started a weight loss diary so I'm hoping that will keep me focused :)

Back