Day 1 for Scarymary ~~~~~~

Hiya

It says on the packet to use hot water but I don't use hot I use warm - usually boil the kettle and leave it for a little while to cool. Put the water into a bowl once you have measured the water out of course, put the powder on top and I use a fork to sort of whisk it.

If I use hot water, it seems to get a lot more lumpy and clumpy and the lumps of powder aren't that nice for me. I prefer it much smoother and when most of the lumps are just the oats.

Oh sweet lord! Such an assault on my tastebuds :cry:The apple and cinnamon porridge was not good?

I made it with cold water and mashed all the lumps out with a fork and then put it in the microwave but it still has a gritty sort of texture dosent it?!

Oh sweet lord! Such an assault on my tastebuds :cry:The apple and cinnamon porridge was not good?

I made it with cold water and mashed all the lumps out with a fork and then put it in the microwave but it still has a gritty sort of texture dosent it?!

I think thats why you need to make it with hot water as the powder dissolves better in it. Plus it tastes creamier if you mix it with a blender. x

Back