Day 1 - here I go!!

dreamslim

Silver Member
Ok, day one doing it from home and as I haven't been shopping yet I kind of just had to make do with what was there, plus, have laryngitis so lots of liquid and cold things are in order. So, here goes..........

breakfast - blueberries and fat free yogurt
lunch - waitrose tomato soup (not 100% sure of the syns but its 123 calories so a maximum of 8.5 syns - if anyone knows I would very much appreciate the knowledge. :) ) with 2 slices of wholemeal bread (HEB)
dinner - roast chicken (no skin) and lots and lots of veg - sweet potato, carrot, onion with a mini magnum for afters (6.5 syns)
had milk as my HEA with lots of tea. :)
also, planning on having options hot chocolate later for 2 syns which means I would have had my full 15 syns but I've never before had a problem losing with that so pretty happy particularly as I was just using what I already had available. Would appreciate anyone's comments. :)

ETA - have now worked out that soup was 174 not 123 so it was 8.5 syns. Means no options hot choc for me. :(

Last edited:
Ok, day 2. If someone could take a look and comment on my food diary that would be brill, I'm doing sw from home for the first 2 weeks so would really appreciate as much feedback as possible: (red day today)

breakfast - fruit
Lunch - wholemeal bread (HEB) and weight watchers spread (1 syns), scrambled egg (nothing added) and an apple.
Snack - 2 Pumpkin seed ryvitas (HEB) and sweet chilli light Philly (HEA)
dinner - chicken in 25g of breadcrumbs (4.5 syns) with parmesan cheese (1.5 syns) and veg

Drinks have been tea (milk as HEA), diet coke and water may also have a highlights with mini marshmallows if I fancy something sweet (3 syns). So a total of 6 syns, 9 if I have my hot choc later.

Any comments greatly appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Hi Hun

I've only been on SW a week and still learning myself so cant really comment but wanted to pop on and say hi so you didn't feel alone x

Thanks both, keeping my fingers crossed for maintaining my motivation and getting a good weight loss. I've done slimming world a few times in the past and it has always worked for me but my OH never have it a chance so I was stagnant for ages and I left trying calorie counting, slim fast, you name it, I tried it but still stayed the same (plus holiday and Christmas gains) so am back to slimming world and using my knowledge of the previous plan and my books from last year to get me through until I can afford to go to a group a week on sat.

What plan are you following? I have found the EE so good for cooking for the whole family this week.

I'm doing EE. I know that it's good for everyone but convincing my other half of that is difficult. He loves cooking with butter, oil, cream etc and hates low fat spread, fry light and creme fraiche etc. so it's difficult to get him to try the meals without making funny faces or commenting that its 'horrible'. We're going to try and do a missing out kind of thing so, for example, he wanted to make the breadcrumbed chicken with breadcrumbs and flour because he thinks its better so I only had the breadcrumbs and he's had both. Think it's the best way to make it work for us, he's also having a sauce with it but I'm not.

Should also point out that he does the cooking as well - he says he does it better than me. Haha.

Day 3 and today's food........

Plan: extra easy
Breakfast - banana and 2 eggs scrambled (nothing added)
Lunch - 2 Linda McCartney sausages (2 syns each), 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEB) and baked beans
Snack - banana and a mullerlight Greek style yogurt with coconut (0.5 syns)
Dinner - turkey breast, pepper and onion shish kebabs, cous cous made with chicken stock, parsley, basil and fried onion (3 syns for the oil)
Drinks - tea with milk (HEA), water and highlights hot choc with mini marshmallows (3 syns)

Total syns for today - 10.5.

Today's food.....

Plan: EE

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled and a banana
Lunch - cous cous with onion and Tesco light choices crumbed ham and a mullerlight coconut Greek yogurt thingy (0.5syns)
Snacks - milk tray choc (2.5 syns), 2 apples, 3 ryvitas (HEB) and chilli Philly (2 syns)
Dinner - beans on white toast (3.5 syns) with 'you'd butter believe it' spread (1 syn)
Drinks - tea with milk (HEA), water and highlights hot choc with mini marshmallows (3 syns)

total syns - 12.5. :)

Today's food.....

I lurvvve highlights hot choc, there are so many varieties to keep it exciting :D I have mini marshmallows in mine too- and whipped cream on top! Not sure if you like that sort of thing, but it's so low in syns and sooo yummy! I buy the light whipped cream which is even lower in syns, I really like the 'creamfields' variety from Tesco and it works out to be 6 syns for the whole canister so I have it quite freely! So yummy :p

Sounds like you're doing great on SW. Re: first post though, would that soup really have been 8.5 syns? :/ I think you only count 20 cal as 1 syn if there is nothing free/superfree in it, and surely in soup there would be lots of super free!?

x

P.S. I'm doing SW from home too ^^

I lurvvve highlights hot choc, there are so many varieties to keep it exciting :D I have mini marshmallows in mine too- and whipped cream on top! Not sure if you like that sort of thing, but it's so low in syns and sooo yummy! I buy the light whipped cream which is even lower in syns, I really like the 'creamfields' variety from Tesco and it works out to be 6 syns for the whole canister so I have it quite freely! So yummy :p

Sounds like you're doing great on SW. Re: first post though, would that soup really have been 8.5 syns? :/ I think you only count 20 cal as 1 syn if there is nothing free/superfree in it, and surely in soup there would be lots of super free!?

x

P.S. I'm doing SW from home too ^^

Ooohhh, I did not know about the spray cream, will have to find that!!!! :)

I asked on here and apparently there is no free food allowance on packaged/pre-prepared soups so sadly it's 8.5. It's ok though, day 1 blip is all. :)

I really enjoy doing slimming world, there's so much food to have. As I said above the problem has been my partner and him not being willing to make many changes to stuff but he has now accepted that this is the best for me and it is still possible for both of us to enjoy things with a slight bit of inconvenience (making 2 batches or seperating batches halfway through) and once a week I go to my mum and dads so he can have whatever he wants (he had 2 cream horns tonight!!! Lol).

Today's food -

Plan: Green

Breakfast - 2 Linda McCartney sausages (4 syns), baked beans, 2 eggs scrambled and an apple

Lunch - 3 ryvita (heb) with chilli Philly (hea) and ham (heb)

Snacks - coconut Greek style mullerlight yogurt (0.5 syns) and apples

Dinner - ate out at Italian and ordered spinach and ricotta ravioli (7 syns - based on the syns in the book for four cheese ravioli) and half a cupcake (7 syns)

Drinks - tea with milk (hea), diet coke and water.

Total syns for the day - 18.5

I know it's a little over but I'm actually not that bothered by that, it's nice to be able to go for a meal out and not worry too much about the syns and I've been more than 3 under my allowance all week anyway. :)

Ooohhh, I did not know about the spray cream, will have to find that!!!! :)

I asked on here and apparently there is no free food allowance on packaged/pre-prepared soups so sadly it's 8.5. It's ok though, day 1 blip is all. :)

I really enjoy doing slimming world, there's so much food to have. As I said above the problem has been my partner and him not being willing to make many changes to stuff but he has now accepted that this is the best for me and it is still possible for both of us to enjoy things with a slight bit of inconvenience (making 2 batches or seperating batches halfway through) and once a week I go to my mum and dads so he can have whatever he wants (he had 2 cream horns tonight!!! Lol).

Oh, that's a shame! I know some soups can be had as healthy extras (says in the book!) but I think quite specific ones.

Sorry that you lad isn't being so supportive with the food changes... I saw your earlier post too.
I guess it's about finding the middle ground, and if he likes to cook too then let him cook for himself some nights if you want to try a SW recipe he wont like! My boyfriend loves butter and creamy stuff too, and absolutely hates most veg! He really loves the syn free spag bol I make though and eats plenty of the things I used to make but without all the butter. If I want to have something too healthy for his likings (soup or salad etc) he pops a pizza in the oven! Or makes a bagel sandwich or something. We both freelance from home so I'm used to making us both lunch and both dinner so very early on I told him he had to start sorting his own meals out sometimes! He really can't cook at ALL though :rolleyes:
Often with things like pasta I just make it extra cheesy for him and he doesn't complain :D hehe.

I can't say my meals have changed massively though, it's similar to what we used to eat just with more veg and without all the oil and butter! It's mainly the snacking and eating out that I've cut down on, and of course portion control! The biggest swap for me has been breakfasts, I used to be a real Coco pops girl and always had HUGE bowls of sugary cereals but now have FF yog and fruit and it is satisfying! Amazing...! If 6 months ago you passed me a yoghurt and a banana I'd be like "That isn't a proper breakfast!!" but now when I chop fruit into yoghurt it really is satisfying! :D yeahhh!

I don't wanna sound like he doesn't support me because he does but I think it frustrates him that he can't cook how he wants to. This time he is being much better with making changes and we have decided that once a week I'll go to my mum and dads for tea and he can have what he wants and he can do the same another day, see how we get on with that.

Here's today's food diary

plan: EE

Breakfast - wholemeal toast (HEB) with spread (3 syns) and an apple
Lunch - homemade stew with loads of veggies and beef
Snack - mullerlight yogurt with coconut Greek style goregousness (0.5 syns)
Dinner - slimming world kebab in wholemeal pitta (7.5 syns)
drinks - tea with milk (HEA), diet coke. Water and highlights with marshmallows (3 syns)

was doing really well with dead on 15 syns but then couldn't stop thinking about the bottles of beer in the kitchen and the magnum type ice creams in the freezer, ended up having a bottle of beer (6 syns) and then did get out a magnum style thingy to eat but ate the chocolate and decided I didn't want to ruin my plan anymore than I had so I'm counting that as 4 syns for not having the ice cream so I'm 10 syns over for today. :(:(:(:(

i don't think I ate enough in the day and that caused an issue so gotta get some more super free in to make sure I am eating enough in the day. Problem is there is rugby on tomorrow and I wanted to have a couple of beers, got 5 more in the kitchen (30 syns) but I've got loads of homemade stew left over and some of the slimming world kebab so that and a lot of super free should help so it'll be a flexi day but controlled and manageable.

In fairness, the beer I had tonight I would have had tomorrow so I guess that over the course of the week it pretty much balances out.

Have a beer or two but then have a vouple of low syn days to balance out the high syn ones, make a souo and fill up on that and stick to 7 syns for a couple of days and your loss shoukdnt be affected. A lot of people (myself included) count their syns out of 105 for the week instead of 15 a day, this works for some better than others but certaimly having a couple of 20 syn days balanced by a couple of ten syn days in a week shouldnt mess up your loss :)

Glad you are finding options with your fella. If you.make a big bagch of soup you can have that some nights and he can cook his own thing! Today I dunked rivita covered in grilled cheese (hex B + A) into my soup and it was lush and will hooefully boost my loss this weej as it's full of speed food!

Back