Day 1. New to the CD diet. excited and nervous all in one go!!

Im ok ta, wish this craving for food would go away but I know no other diet would enable me to loose weight this quickly so Im sticking with it for now, just taking one day at a time. I have found myself getting bit emotional over last few days, wondering how on earth I let myself get to this size???????? Wishing I would have stuck to ww one of the hundred times I started!
But this is where I am and Im doing something about it.
My dream is to go for a lovely long walk in the hills in the lakes, something I just couldnt do now as Im so unfit, so m thinking 3 more weeks of this and when Ive lost a bit more weight Ill start doing some excercise which will help with the weight loss no doubt.
How about you Mrs scoff are you feeling positive?
xx

I am starting CD tomorrow for the first time. I am excited and eager to start...the stories on here are so motivating.

I am starting to get so depressed about my weight. It creeps up and up all the time. I live at the other end of the country from my mother, and whenever I go home to visit I hate the look on her face and her not-so-subtle way of telling me I'm getting bigger.

I've done various weight loss groups with varying results, but I always get bored or cheat here and there. This is probably the most extreme diet I've tried but for some reason I feel it's for me. Like you Mrs S..I can't do things in moderation. If I open a pack of biscuits I will eat the whole lot.

I can be quite strong-willed when I want to be and I'm going to give this everything I've got. I need to turn my life around as I'm slowly becoming a miserable person with no self-confidence.

I bought a Wii Fit too and hope to have enough energy to do a workout every day. I hope this isn't too ambitious! I'm a bit self-conscious to go to the gym, but I think if I lose a little weight first, I'll be more comfortable going.

Well done to everyone here for all their success so far, and thanks for all your inspiration. It's really driven me to want to change.

Good for you memphis and best of luck. Stick with it the first few days are hard but in a way its easier to just cut food out totally, there is no option to cheat, you just cant have it! And the weight loss is quick, which gives you incentive to carry on.
Let us know how you get on
xx

Hello Mrs S! Well done on your weight loss!!!! That's fab! I weighed in 9lbs lighter last night so I'm more than happy with that :)

Thelma well done thats fab news......... we are all getting slimmer by the day
xx

Wow, well done girlies on your weight losses - great news and makes it so worth while eh. I can't wait for mine next Tues, 100% SS and on day 3, can't believe I havn't cheated and I'm not going to!! Been mucking around for a few weeks so determined to prove to myself I CAN DO IT!

Have a good day everyone!

Keep drinking the water - glug glug!

Keep at it Slinky - you can do it! :)

Im ok ta, wish this craving for food would go away but I know no other diet would enable me to loose weight this quickly so Im sticking with it for now, just taking one day at a time. I have found myself getting bit emotional over last few days, wondering how on earth I let myself get to this size???????? Wishing I would have stuck to ww one of the hundred times I started!
But this is where I am and Im doing something about it.
My dream is to go for a lovely long walk in the hills in the lakes, something I just couldnt do now as Im so unfit, so m thinking 3 more weeks of this and when Ive lost a bit more weight Ill start doing some excercise which will help with the weight loss no doubt.
How about you Mrs scoff are you feeling positive?
xx

I have to say fluffy I couldn't even let myhusband take a before CD picture because I am so ashamed of the way I let myself go. I cried and asked my husband why didn't he tell me, and he said because he didn't want to hurt me!! But I was hurting myself by all the junk I was throwing down my neck on a daily basis.

I used to walk 5miles a day when I was fit, I'm kanckered now if I try to do it, a compleate right off the rest of the day. But just like you I know in a few weeks we will be smaller and our legs will carry us a long way.....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey memphis,

This diet is bloody brilliant I must say but you do need to stck at it. Good luck.

Re you living away from mum :- I can really undertstand what you are saying, Both my DH and my family live faaaaaaaaaaaar away from us and everytime I see either side I know in their heads they are saying "dear me has she put on yet another stone..." And in all honesty I probably had. but not now, I'm hoping they will be saying "wow you look a stone less"

Sometimes we need something to happen to get us into gear.

Wow, well done girlies on your weight losses - great news and makes it so worth while eh. I can't wait for mine next Tues, 100% SS and on day 3, can't believe I havn't cheated and I'm not going to!! Been mucking around for a few weeks so determined to prove to myself I CAN DO IT!

Have a good day everyone!

Keep drinking the water - glug glug!

Sarah, you CAN do it. you WILL do it. It's hard at first but then you see the results and you just keep going and going, you will do well hun. xxxx

Stupid thing is telling me my message too short?!! Am I supposed to write an essay........

Great thread - really motivating & supportive. Well done to Mrs S. & everyone.

I started CD on 3rd March and 7 weeks later l am really pleased that l want to continue with it for as long as it takes. I wished l had started it sooner, but kept putting it off. I looked up the CD website to find a CDC in my area. The first time l phoned her it was the answering machine so l just hung up, & put off calling back, another couple weeks went by & l called again this time she answered & told me to nip round that afternoon & pick-up some booklets about the diet. I started CD the next day & l'm so glad l did.

Only joined yesterday and just catching up with the threads Mrs scof a lot, that could have been me, talking (writing!) Well done you in your first week. that is a great loss!

Back