Step 1 Sole Source + DAY 1 of a whole new me!!!

peach-85

Day 1

Hi all been looking at the site for a while now and decided to post myself to chart my journey :)

Decided to join cambridge and today is day 1 for me on sole source plus so having 4 shakes and 200ml of skimmed milk per day. Just had my first chocalatehake which was yummy!!

I have decide denough is enough and i am finally going to do something about my weight and more worrying my binge eating which seems to be getting a bit out of hand. I am now 16stone which is the heaviest i have ever been even after gibving birth to my beautiful little girl i was 14stone. I have got to the point where i dont look like myself i feel uncomfortable in all my clothes and avoid social events so i dont have to try to find an outfit to wear. I have become trapped in a cycle of comfort eating since the death of my best friend in october and finally realise that eating is not the answer to my problems.

So today is day 1 any support would be much appreciated and vice versa too. :)

Hi Peach
Well good luck with your journey you have made the first step now and on the road to a slim you. This is my 4th week and weigh in tonight I do the 810 as I exercise. Keep focused this next couple if days as it is hard till your body gets used to it but just holla if you need to thus forum is great for support x

ahh thanks so much means alot im hoping this site keeps me motivated and on track and toalso use it as a way to distract myself when the hunger pangs start, how much hav u lost so far? x

Hi
I have lost 11lbs in 2 weeks third weigh in tonight. I know it does not seem much compared to others just on SS but I have to exercise for a fitness test I have every year at work and I just can't do it on SS I get fuzzy. Plus it's nice to have a meal with my partner in the evening, 810 is so much more flexible. I am getting married in August so that's my motivation I started at 14 stone size 16 so looking to get rid of a couple of stone by then. So your weigh in will be next Monday? X

Hi,
11lb is fab well done and good luck for 2nite. yeah my weigh in is next monday first thing seems ages away so hope this week goes quick. Just had a strawberry shake suprised how nice the shakes are struggling to remember the water tho im used to drinking mainly coke or some kind of pop. my little girl just had a pack of buttons and without thinking put my hand in to take one lol just shows how used to mindless eating i am, didnt hav one tho :) x

I don't know how you are making your shakes up but I add ice cubes to mine and use a hand blender they are really nice then. I know what you mean about the mindless eating I used to do it all the time when I was cooking! I fill a 1.5 ltr bottle first thing and aim to drink it by midday, then do it again for the afternoon, I don't always manage it all but by the time I have had my teas and black coffees I'm sure I'm ok. Ill let you know later about the Weigh in, keep with it and drink that water lol x

day 1 is going well so far still feel the determination and not too hungry yet.... im sure by this evening i will tho as thats my downfall but have a nice choc shake to look forward to.

I love how people think they motivate you by telling you how fat u r lol... my mum when i told her i was starting today replied "good i noticed yesterday how much weight you've put on....doesnt look like you somehow". I know she doesnt mean no harm but still feels like a slap in the face when someone actually tells you how big you are.

I can always remember once when I was at work years ago me being on the telephone and asking to speak to somebody and when they asked who it was they said my name followed by you know 'the one with the big arse' and more recently I had 'by god gal you've banged some timber on' lol it just made me more determined. Just been for weigh in lost another 3lbs so that's just over a stone in three weeks x

well done thats brilliant cant wait to get rid of my first stone, getting through my first week is my first goal.

ppl are so insensitive dont think they realise how much words can hurt!!

can you notice much difference yet? are u measuring aswell as weighing? xx

Hi
You will get through it and it will feel so good when you step on those scales on Monday
Yes I get measured as well seem to be losing about 1/2 inch a week off my arms thighs waist chest but I can start to see a difference this week my curves are coming back.
Remember keep drinking the water it's key....... Xx

Just come across this site while browsing on the Internet to stop myself thinking of food! Day four for me !
This site sounds very supportive and it may take me a few days to manage it!
( but that in itself will keep me busy )
I'm on SS but my consultant says I can do three shakes and a meal if that helps
I really don't want to touch food thou but finding hard to stomach four shakes - I only use the cartons as a few of the shakes contain wheat and I have an intolerance to it.
I did Lightetlife 8 years ago but this was cheaper and I didn't need a Dr's note etc and seemed more flexible,
Well done to all those that have had such great weight losses - however small or large.
Moral support always welcome xx

thanks for your support jimmysgirl its great to come on here and get the boost to keep going.

Hi Mummy sparkle well done on getting to day 4 im happy day 1 is nearly over and ive managed to stick to it gonna relax with a cup of coffee and watch broadchurch!! when is your weigh in day? xx

Hi Peach-85 and welcome aboard the cambridge diet journey! getting through day 1 is the toughest so well done for that its nearly over! some early nights in the first couple of days helped me to avoid the temptation of food.. if i'm not awake i can't eat! haha. your real motivation will be when you get on those scales for your first weigh in and see the amazing results in just 7 days, so just keep thinking of that! I'm on day 12 today and trust me.. it does get easier!! keep motivated and keep drinking water! Hannah x

thanks hannah so glad i got through today and really hope it gets easier cant wait for monday now!! big well done to you for getting to day 12 xx

Wow you are doing amazing! I can't believe someone would actually say that at hte other end of the phone (whether they though tyou would hear or not is irrelevant!) Some people are so rude and insensitive it amazes me sometimes! Just wanted to say well done! Im on Day 29 and still surprise myself everynight when I go to bed and haven't cheated i've been 100% SS the whole time. I just find waters the key haha! I drink loads of it!

wow well done on getting to day 29 and 100% thats fab i hope ive got your will power. Ive got a hen weekend in 6 weeks so thats my first real goal determined to stick to it!! I agree with you about the water definately helps.

Day 2: i know its in my head but feeling better in myself already just about to have a cappucino shake hope its nice, i love coffee flavoured stuff :) gonna keep myself busy doing lots of housework!!!

Hi Peach :)

It was day 1 for me too yesterday :) I have done this diet before and succeeded so I know it works! I am a major comfort eater so if I can do it, anyone can lol :D I would have been doing this diet sooner if it wasn't for financial reasons so I am extremely excited to be back on the CD wagon, and I mean that, even considering that it can be a massive test of wills but the results just totally outweigh (pardon the pun lol) the temptation to eat.

Honestly, see this first week through and you wont look back. Also have you taken measurements? Sometimes there may be a week where the weight loss is a little less then expected but the inches lost are amazing! Another confidence booster :)

Good luck chick x x x

Back