day 1 of Attack and struggling!

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Tanya c, 26 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Tanya c

Tanya c Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    Hi all,

I'm strugggling with carb withdrawal! I have tried the fat free yoghurt with sweetener and it doesn't help!

I also am worried as I have 12 hour shifts coming up at work this week and don't know how I am going to cope if I feel this tired:(

Advice please?

Tanya

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cheryl7

cheryl7 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    WW
    My only advice for the weekend would be to take lots of dukan friendly snacks with you - chicken pieces, maybe a hard boiled egg or 2 etc. For sweets things, try making a sweet version of the dukan galette (even add a pinch of cinammon along with the sweetener), add cinammon with sweetener to your natural yoghurt (this is my personal fave) and my other fix is sugar free jelly. I buy the... am I allowed to say on here?... <whisper>... weightwatchers... one as it's got virtually no calories in it, and I make it 300ml boiling water and then add 100ml diet lemonade to make it fizzy!! That seems to fix my sugar cravings :) To be honest though, I seem to be past my carb withdrawal and have found today (day 6) to be much easier.

You'll probably get some much better advice from the resident pro's though, but I hope that helps a bit anyway!

4. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Tanya, you won't be feeling this tired after the first few days, still there are moments that I feel all my energy is drained but it lasts 10 minutes and back to normal.. The withdrawal is awful, I had headache first 3 days. But I am soo happy I didn't give up:)
    I hate ff yogurt with sweetener, but I love it when I add a bit of flavor and freeze! I think I will prefer this over ice cream even after diet!
    For long hour shifts, I would suggest keeping snacks handy and never ever starve yourself. Prepare a batch of galette over the weekend, take them with you. I make 7 for each day of the week. Also I don't add sugar or salt in the mix, I sometimes have it like a wrap (chicken and cheese) and sometimes as pancake.
    It gets easier, I promise:)

5. Sander23

Sander23 Chronic Recidivist

Start Weight:
    262lb
    Current Weight:
    225lb
    Goal Weight:
    162lb
    Lost(%):
    37lb(14.12%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Lots of varieties of protein and sf jellies were my saviors during the attack phase! I had smoked salmon, devlled eggs, shrimp, turkey, chicken, and roast beef. Dijon mustard or a sour cream/cream cheese type dips on the side or rolled up with the proteins and it kept me going. I also drank a lot of hot, sweetened, tea while working :)

6. Cherry.

Cherry. Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'm not sure I can help, but I sympathise, I'm day one today and despite eating all day I still feel a werid hungry....I hope it will pass xx

7. Topaz63

Topaz63 Gone a bit quiet

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    In attack and on PP days I find egg is a real saviour. Mix hardboiled with prawns, or put prawns in an omelette. Mix hardboiled egg, sardines or left over barbecued mackerel and quark and food process. Chill and spread on Dukan toast. Vary this with chili powder. Cheered myself up with salmon souffle. See recipe section.

8. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Eat a whole chicken!

9. cheryl7

cheryl7 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I think I did just that today!! :eek:

10. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Some swear they get their best weight losses on days they do just that ;)

To Tanya - a yoghurt will never fill you up like pure protein will so get used to having protein snacks with you, rather. And/or save your oatbran for muffins/galette which you'll take to work with you.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.