Day 1 on Diet Chef!!

8584lisac

Hi,

Have just completed my first day on DC.:D

I had strawberries and the porridge with choc bits in for breakfast, which tasted different to my normal porridge. It was quite chewy. Is this normal or do you think I over or undercooked it? I followed the instructions. Having said that it was still quite nice.

For lunch I had the Parsnip and Chilli soup. Really liked this. Quite spicy though.

I has the Stem Ginger Nairn Biscuits for snack with my cup of tea about 4pm as this is usually my danger zone time. Again very nice.:D

For my dinner I had the Mild Chicken Tikka Masala with a bag of Birds Eye frozen steam fresh vegetables. This was gorgeous. It had so much chicken in. So much more than the WW meals I had been eating before. Very impressed!

Late evening I then had a Muller lite yog. Not sure if this is allowed but had it anyway.

Weighed myself this morning to see if its worked and I am down 2lb. Unbelievable. I'm so pleased.:happy036:

Going to try the Granola today.

All in all I am very impressed with what I've tried so far on the DC. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Good luck everyone following this plan! Together we can do this:party0019:

bye for now

Lisa xxx

Hi Lisa
Sounds like you got off to a great start. Yes I found the porridge sort of nutty !!! But like you liked it. I had the treacle and pecan granola with a sliced banana this morning and that was VERY yummy. Will try the chicken tikka tonight as I havent had a dinner yet I liked. But the soups and breakfasts I have enjoyed. I also add lots of veg and have some fruit. It does say you can have a small yogurt if your not having the full milk allowance. I suppose its all depending on how long your going to be on this diet !! I feel If I restrict myself totally then I will go off the rails big time. So are you better off having that healthy yogurt , I think you are. I had an apple and a fresh fruit salad[mainly melon] yesterday but according to the plan you should only have one piece of fruit. So if the DC police are reading this thread we will both be charged !!!
Got a new wii fitness game yesterday and did some this morning. Its Julia Micheal [I think] Its ok but I prefare the original Wii fit. Alot more fun and now think Its £10 down the drain. Wonder if I can take it back ?
Hope you have another great day today. Im off doing my volunteer usher work at our local theatre this aft , thats if the snow holds off. Now seen the panto so many times I could be a stand in for Lorraine Chase as the Wicked Queen !!!
Oh Yes I could !!!
Hugs
Val

Hi Val,

Thanks for your reply!. I am thinking now maybe I got lucky with my first dinner choice. What meals have you tried that you didn't like?

I had the original Granola this morning which was nice but I had it with milk and I think it would be much nicer on its own or with low fat natural yogurt as it was all a bit soggy. Had a few cherries with it too as a fruit portion. I'm not very good at eating fruit so will probably struggle with that. I thought it was 2 portions of fruit we needed to eat a day.:confused:

To be honest I'm not really sure what I should be adding. The DC food alone that I ate yesterday was only about 750 cals. The extras I ate were a few strawberries, frozen steam fresh veg, and the muller lite yog, which was probably less than 200 cals, so I don't think I'm eating enough. Not sure how its supposed to work out at 1200 cals a day.

When did you start Val? Hoping I will survive my 2nd day. I think the first 3 days are probably the worse. I'm not eating much differently than I did whilst on WW, so I think I'll get used to the portion sizes quickly. Its just getting back on track after xmas.

Enjoy the theatre this afternoon, as least it gets you out for a bit and takes your mind off of food. I am in all day today due to the weather. Will try and go on the wii fit today. My husband was going to buy me The Biggest Loser Wii game. Is that the one you have?

Good luck today!

Speak soon

Lisa xxxx

Hi on my first day of DC today, I had the vanilla porridge but added a bit of grated apple as was a bit bland but with the apple was fine, not much different to other instant porridge. Had chorizo and bean soup for lunch, added a bread roll as I have bmi over 30 so adding extra, soup was nice and v thick. Lamb hotpot for supper, will let you know what it is like!
Good luck with tomorrow's choices
Jx

Hi
I started on Friday . DC is new to me too. I had the Thai Chicken curry tonight it was better tasting than my other two dinners. I enjoyed it but had lots of veg with it.
Yes the chirozo and bean soup is lovely !!! I added some tinned toms and a good pinch of chilli powder to it. I didnt then eat any bread with it and felt quite full. Looks like we are all in the same boat and in it for awhile !! Good to have you both for support, thanks.
I have a new wii game thats not very good think its called Julia Micheal dont waste your money on this. I then have the basic wii fit game which I do enjoy. I like the step and all the other games.
didnt eat tea until after 8pm and then had an apple but feeling hungry !!! Oh had biscuit snack too. Hoping my stomach shrinks soon !!!
Feel like Im losing weight though and just aiming on having a cuppa before bed. I can do this !!!
Wishing you all a fab day tomorrow and hoping we make good choices in our meals. Already thinking of that porridge !!!
chat soon
Val

Hi I am day 7 today and will post my weight tomorrow. I have been 100% on DC m - f but the weekend has been more of a challenge as we have had a few family meals/do's. So I have done DC all day and had meal off plan but as healthily as I can - will see what the damage is tomorrow as the scales were looking good through the week! I don't like the porridge but love the granola and always have it with an activia vanilla 0% fat yog and a piece of fruit (usually a banana) this always sees me thro till lunchtime and I have soup and fruit for lunch and a main meal from DC with steamed spinach or other steamed/roasted(dry) veg. I have my oat cake biscuits at some point during the day. I drink black coffee, tea with milk, diet coke and water. I occasionally have a diet hot chocolate (especially when snowy/icy out!). I think this is a great way of cutting down and eating less. It certainly suits my lifestyle! Good luck to you all and I look forward to hearing how you all do!

Hi
Enjoyed porridge this cold morning !!!
Feeling VERY positive. Going to shower and dry hair and put make up on. Need to keep putting on my face etc even though Hunk is miles away !!! Its for me !!!
We all need to have me time, even if its only applying hand cream.
Planning to fill my day with visiting my oldies and then kniting or sewing this afternoon. Hoping my boots and hair arrive this morning !!! Yes I have hair but ordered an auburn wig just for a change of colour !!! Funk me up abit !!!
Have a day filled with fun , stay positive, little steps and together we will get there
Hugs
Val

Hi Lisa - sounds like you are off to a good start. I had 3 good days last week then DH came home and spoilt it!! Back being strict again today. Hope you are having a good day.

Hi everyone!!

Day 3 today. So far, so good. Thanks Seta!! Glad you've managed to get back on track.

Just a quick question. How much milk do you all add to your porridge? I add what it says 120ml but it comes out so thick. I'm sure it shouldn't be like this. Any ideas? How much milk did you add Super Stan?

I just had the Chicken & Thyme soup which I really didn't like. I thought it was awful. Its the first meal I've disliked so far. I thought it had no taste and was very bland. That said I've lost 3lb in 2 days so will keep plodding on with it. Its highly unlikely that I'm going to like all the meals.

Keep up the good work everyone. Looking forward to hearing how well you have done in your first week Laura.

Bye for now.

XXX

Hi everyone - it sounds like you are all doing so well! My DH is either really supportive or forgets and offers me cake - like he did just now with a cup of tea! It is tough Setas trying to stay on track when life is going on totally normally for everyone else not on a diet!
Chudleighval - the wig sounds funky! Have you got others?? and do people recognise you with it on?? I have been wearin a big hat in all the cold weather (kinda South American in style) and no one recognises me!!
Lisa - I like the chicken soup - though I always think I should be ill when I drink it as always had Chicken soup when poorly as a child!! How's it going Superstan??

Hi everyone, how you all doing? Sounds like some good weight losses starting already and you're only part way through week. I'd planned to just get weighed once a month as have a lot to lose and was hoping to see a reasonable loss in a month, but just don't think I can wait a month for first weigh in, so might cave and go earlier!

Felt a bit relieved at quality of food I've had so far, thought it might be vile, I tried one of those VLC meal replacement shake diets last year only managed a week, 2 days of which I spent on living on black coffee and avoiding the shakes as they were so vile! So although it is more work caffeteria than michellin starred restaurant I'm still relieved.

Know what you mean about the porridge, I haven't mastered it yet, tried cooking it for less time and grating an apple in the vanilla one which did improve it but still a quite thick. If anyone comes up with the magic recipe let me know.

Tomorrow is day 4 for me and I know my danger days are 4 - 7 when I start craving and relax a bit too much :drool: Girl at work suggested I wear a pair of mittens all night as she doesn't think you can eat in mittens - I reckon I'd manage to snaffle something! As I don't have any mittens I'll have to come up with something else - any ideas?

Night all
Janex

Diet Chef

All your blogs are inspiring. It's great to read real experiences. I started today :newbie: and so I'm not really sure about things like how much fruit and veg we can really eat per day? :confused: and what kinds :confused: the booklet dosn't say carrots or melon but shows a picture of them.

I imagine my hard days will be the weekend (when not at work), I'm taking heed of your advice and I've decided to sort out my wardrobes....start the clearing out!

I had original granola with milk and a banana for breakfast......nice:clap:
Chicken and Thyme soup..... ok:character00115:
Chilli Con Carne with veg for tea....:clap: and an apple

So far so good!!!

You all seem to be doing so well, thanks for the inspiration. Angela x:happy036:

Last edited:
Hi all -

I'm on my first day today, just munched through the apple and cinnamon granola - love it! Off to buy some 0% Activia later so I can have it with the granola instead... less soggy that way. I only drink maybe one cup of tea a day (with milk), the rest green etc... so I think this teeny extra bit of milk will be ok.

Are there any fruits best avoided as part of the 2 a day? Any that are 'very' high calorie??

Look forward to getting to know you more as the weeks go on. I've got about two and a half stone (maybe more) left to lose so will be about for a bit.

Have a great day everyone!!

Anna x

Hi Shep - we're in the same boat then! Day one of the restart here too... be good to keep in touch. :eek:) xx

Yes it would be nice to keep in touch and see how we both do will add you as a budy, well trying to be good. Had special K for brekkie and just had the chicken with lemon soup (wasn't sure) I added 40 cals of extra chicken and lots of pepper and its ok with a slice of bread about to have a cup of tea and then pop to shop before school run.

Thats my worst moment waiting for the kids to come to come out I tend to nibble. So going armed with my apple and hopefully can get over it.

Keep in touch :D:D

You can do it! Taking an apple is definitely a good idea - sometimes it just about having something to munch on.

Day going ok so far... I already know I like the food, but I've been eating so much rubbish recently that I thought I would feel a bit weird and wibbly having no sugar boosts, and eating so much less, but so far so good!

Going to the cinema tonight, so that will be a bit of a challenge for me. I do love my popcorn and wine gums! Will probs just save my berry biscuits and take them with me, with a bottle of water.

Hope the rest of your day goes ok. I'm going to write out a little fruit and veg chart so I know what I can have and what I can't... :)

Anna xx

I dont think theres anuything that you cant have its just watching those calories. Well I am going to walk my daughter to her rainbows club with the dog to burn a few calories off. hopefully.
Tomorrow going to use my Wii fit Plus hubby brought the second one for me and dying to try it.

Back