Day 1 tomorrow please check my menu x

Size 16 Will Do

Silver Member
Hiya everyone

Got my book, been shopping and am starting tomorrow. Would you please have a look over my menu for breakfast and lunch and advise!

Brekkie: - Omelette made with 2 rashers of bacon, 2 eggs and a splash of soya milk with 40 grams of cheese, fried in olive oil

Lunch: - 105 grams of lettuce (0.3 carb), 70 grams of cabbage (2.2 carb), 60 grams of onion (4 carbs), mayonnaise and chicken thighs.

I will probably have a sugar free jelly

Dinner will be either fish or meat with broccoli and I might try to make a sauce with fresh cream , never done it before, any advice??? Was thinking of pancetta fried with mushroom and the cream and maybe black pepper??? Any help appreciated.

Please feel free to help me out I am totally new to this carb counting.

Thanks

Hi and welcome. You don't need milk for an omelette, just a splash of water. Ditch the onion for spring onion and add another green veg to fill you up. You need more greens. Cauli rice is fab and you can add things to it such as Boursin to make it creamy.
Good luck, you've got the basics :D

Cant help either but just wanted to say good luck.
Good luck Lou too. We can all do this x

Like dietkitty says:) otherwise looks good
Good luck:D

looks good and the cream sauce sounds divine. I add cream to my omelettes or scrambled egg x

Hi im starting today too ! good luck x

on day 2 now and must say doing ok.

A few MORE questions: -

1. Can I have diet coke / coke zero / sugar free squash etc
2. Are there any low carb sweet treats, i know sugar free jelly but what about low carb chocolate etc.
3. Do you have any nice recipes for sauces with my meal on a night
made a one with cream onion garlic and pepper last night but missing something (flavour!!)

Thanks again x x

ps is chewing gum ok extra!

diet coke coke zero fine - you may stall with citric acid but dont worry about that until or if you do stall (many dont)
after 2 weeks induction (or however long) there is some dark choc you can have but counted in your carbs when you start on OWL

Sauces there are loads - i like cheese sauce with cream, cheddar or blue cheese :D add loads of herbs too if no flavour - mushrooms give good flavour too x

and yes chewing gum fine :D im addicted since giving up smoking!

on day 2 now and must say doing ok.

A few MORE questions: -

1. Can I have diet coke / coke zero / sugar free squash etc
2. Are there any low carb sweet treats, i know sugar free jelly but what about low carb chocolate etc.
3. Do you have any nice recipes for sauces with my meal on a night
made a one with cream onion garlic and pepper last night but missing something (flavour!!)

Thanks again x x

ps is chewing gum ok extra!

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can use small amounts of very dark chocolate ...go for the higher cocoa contents. Recommended for baking if you don't have cocoa powder....to be honest though I just use cocoa powder!

One thing I do recommend though.... make a kind of cream cheese filling/frosting. I use basic cream cheese, elmlea double cream, vanilla essence, a drop of lemon juice and some sweetner. It goes really well on the MIMs....or on it's own ;-)

Back