Day 1 tomorrow

She needs telling your not a hotel. Wimbledon big time here today omg sweating up feel like I've given birth the lot lol. It was more like a racket than a ball lol. Xx

I'm dropping her off at a station in an hour. Then working from home today. I have to get the flat ready for my sister, bro in law and two nieces under 4 to arrive on Saturday. I'm going to need a holiday!

Oh dear autumn. At least you've achieved down thing so early in the week. I am having Ryder cup today. Lots of rounds of golf ball proportions spread, so far, through the morning and showing little sign of stopping! Hope you've recovered from the racket feeling!

Xxx

I'm dropping her off at a station in an hour. Then working from home today. I have to get the flat ready for my sister, bro in law and two nieces under 4 to arrive on Saturday. I'm going to need a holiday! Oh dear autumn. At least you've achieved down thing so early in the week. I am having Ryder cup today. Lots of rounds of golf ball proportions spread, so far, through the morning and showing little sign of stopping! Hope you've recovered from the racket feeling! Xxx

I was thinking my situation is more Ryder cup myself as in the golf stick or brolly lol xx

Congrats autumn on the godson. And well done to your cousin, sounds like she did fantastic!!

Quick question y'all is it still normal for me to be umm f&f?? My tummy doesn't hurt or anything though.

Tink the bleeding sounds horrid! I love Lincoln though!

Tigg, how come she's staying longer?? Tell her to p155 off!!

Autumn, really happy about JAcob.....not so happy about the wimbledon!

I'm in bedford today, so managed my first soup and half my food allowance for lunch. have the rest tonight when i eventually get home, and then CD ice cream and a bar.

Matt was dropped off this morning. He would happily move in as well. i told him i was ready for him to go home and he said boo! on the way into work he said about him coming over this week to watch a movie if i wanted to and i said no, i wanted some space to do my own things. It was a really lovely weekend dont get me wrong but ffs go home already t1t!

Not catching up too much today i'm afraid because im just about to go back into my meeting, but i hope youre all doing ok! Much love Amigos!

(Send me poo thoughts please, not been for 3 days!!!!!) xxx

Congrats autumn on the godson. And well done to your cousin, sounds like she did fantastic!! Quick question y'all is it still normal for me to be umm f&f?? My tummy doesn't hurt or anything though.

I'd be tempted to give it a few more days before worrying. At least if you're going you know you're not holding onto anything extra for your weigh in later! It'll be fine. It's normal to be nervous but the first one seems to be the best so enjoy it and use it to spur you on and through!

Tink the bleeding sounds horrid! I love Lincoln though! Tigg, how come she's staying longer?? Tell her to p155 off!! Autumn, really happy about JAcob.....not so happy about the wimbledon! I'm in bedford today, so managed my first soup and half my food allowance for lunch. have the rest tonight when i eventually get home, and then CD ice cream and a bar. Matt was dropped off this morning. He would happily move in as well. i told him i was ready for him to go home and he said boo! on the way into work he said about him coming over this week to watch a movie if i wanted to and i said no, i wanted some space to do my own things. It was a really lovely weekend dont get me wrong but ffs go home already t1t! Not catching up too much today i'm afraid because im just about to go back into my meeting, but i hope youre all doing ok! Much love Amigos! (Send me poo thoughts please, not been for 3 days!!!!!) xxx

Hiya Lizz,

Bedford, you get about almost as much as me! Glad you had a good weekend and at least he knows to do as you say. I'm married I have to encourage him to spend time with his friends so that I can do my own thing without him cluttering up the place! Lol.

Well done on starting the food early! Knowing your rear loading tendencies that's impressive!

Hope you're having a good day. Xxx

I'm in agony to go from F&F frisay to tennis golf combo today is not pretty it's really sore got trapped wind tummy ache too so having an ss+ nandos tonight after cuddles with Jacob see if that helps I'm struggling to get water and products down me this happens to me every now n again for no apparent reason so hoping it will bog off soon. Got outpatients clinic and day surgery tomorrow so can't be running to loo or walking like John Wayne either xx

I'm in agony to go from F&F frisay to tennis golf combo today is not pretty it's really sore got trapped wind tummy ache too so having an ss+ nandos tonight after cuddles with Jacob see if that helps I'm struggling to get water and products down me this happens to me every now n again for no apparent reason so hoping it will bog off soon. Got outpatients clinic and day surgery tomorrow so can't be running to loo or walking like John Wayne either xx

Autumn that sucks :( hope you feel better soon. Baby snuggles will make everything seem better :) xx

Hello everyone,

Just had my first weigh in being on sole source plus (well, this morning!) and I'm panicking!! So I thought I'd jump straight to the oracles (you lot!) and get opinions...

I have had good losses on SS (50lb total in 12weeks) but this week I started SS plus and lost......1 and 3/4 pounds. So I know that's nearly 2lbs, but not quite and I don't count this pesky quarters/ half pound lark, so my brain tells me I've lost just 1lb. I'm gutted!! I can't go back to sole source (medical reasons...long story...I was a bit of a t1t to began at sole source, but that's a whole other story!) so I need to progress up now. Also want to progress so I don't become reliant on SS for my only mechanism to control food. I want to make this lifestyle change. Right I'll stop banging on... My question.....Essentially please can any of you let me know if my losses will pick up, or if I'm just being a lunatic?!!

Autumn/tink - sorry about your troubles!
Great news re godchild
Lizz - hiya! Matt is so not the one for you ;-)
Tiggs - you have way to many holidays for my liking! Haha!
Newbies - you are all doing fab! Keep it up

Xx

Hello everyone, Just had my first weigh in being on sole source plus (well, this morning!) and I'm panicking!! So I thought I'd jump straight to the oracles (you lot!) and get opinions... I have had good losses on SS (50lb total in 12weeks) but this week I started SS plus and lost......1 and 3/4 pounds. So I know that's nearly 2lbs, but not quite and I don't count this pesky quarters/ half pound lark, so my brain tells me I've lost just 1lb. I'm gutted!! I can't go back to sole source (medical reasons...long story...I was a bit of a t1t to began at sole source, but that's a whole other story!) so I need to progress up now. Also want to progress so I don't become reliant on SS for my only mechanism to control food. I want to make this lifestyle change. Right I'll stop banging on... My question.....Essentially please can any of you let me know if my losses will pick up, or if I'm just being a lunatic?!! Autumn/tink - sorry about your troubles! Great news re godchild Lizz - hiya! Matt is so not the one for you ;-) Tiggs - you have way to many holidays for my liking! Haha! Newbies - you are all doing fab! Keep it up Xx

Hiya, first it's a lb! Have you looked at a lb of butter and now you don't have that in you any more. Secondly every time I step up I have a sts or lose a smidge week. You have to give your body time to adjust to your change in diet. Next week if you stick to the ss+ the whole time you will still get a good loss. Psychologically it's hard but if you can motivate yourself to stick with it after losing 'only' a lb then you can show yourself you have it in you to be in control for the rest of your life. Which is what this is really about. None of us want to be up and down on and off diets forever. You want to make a lifestyle change well this is the first step. I was in step 2 from the start for medical reason and I may not have had amazing losses every week but I lost between 1-5 lbs every week. As long as it goes down and you get fitter and healthier then that must be good for you.

Stick with it. You're doing great!!!

Xxx

Tiggs, I genuinely can't thank you enough!!! THAT was the exact virtual slap round the face I needed!! You are so wise :) I knew it was irrational, but after such good losses on SS, you get kind of stuck on that. But I need to remind myself that I am in this for the long haul. As in... Lifetime, so I should really stop freaking out and busy myself with taking off my chipped nail varnish and replacing with a fresh coat. Or failing that sorting the kids tea.....!

Thank you xxxxxx

Tiggs, I genuinely can't thank you enough!!! THAT was the exact virtual slap round the face I needed!! You are so wise :) I knew it was irrational, but after such good losses on SS, you get kind of stuck on that. But I need to remind myself that I am in this for the long haul. As in... Lifetime, so I should really stop freaking out and busy myself with taking off my chipped nail varnish and replacing with a fresh coat. Or failing that sorting the kids tea.....! Thank you xxxxxx

You're welcome!

Xxx

Amigos
Quick post will catch up tomorrow I've become really run down this afternoon which seems to happen once a month mouth is ulcerated and inflamed beyond belief and on AB drops for 5 days to clear it. So on step 3 however Lizz is helping me devise a plan as everything stings so much in my mouth.
Catch up properly tomorrow ladies.
Don't worry about the smaller loss kate as it's your body adjusting my CDC and I spoke about this last week. If u weigh and measure the lot you still aren't having more than 650 cals so don't worry xx

Amigos Quick post will catch up tomorrow I've become really run down this afternoon which seems to happen once a month mouth is ulcerated and inflamed beyond belief and on AB drops for 5 days to clear it. So on step 3 however Lizz is helping me devise a plan as everything stings so much in my mouth. Catch up properly tomorrow ladies. Don't worry about the smaller loss kate as it's your body adjusting my CDC and I spoke about this last week. If u weigh and measure the lot you still aren't having more than 650 cals so don't worry xx

Autumn that sounds so sore, you poor pet! I really hope you feel better soon. Bless you for posting some support, it is greatly appreciated - but you really should go look after yourself now!

Thank you xx

Amigos Quick post will catch up tomorrow I've become really run down this afternoon which seems to happen once a month mouth is ulcerated and inflamed beyond belief and on AB drops for 5 days to clear it. So on step 3 however Lizz is helping me devise a plan as everything stings so much in my mouth. Catch up properly tomorrow ladies. Don't worry about the smaller loss kate as it's your body adjusting my CDC and I spoke about this last week. If u weigh and measure the lot you still aren't having more than 650 cals so don't worry xx

Autumn, that's not good at all! I hope you feel better soon!

Xxx

Morning Amigos and welcome aboard Kate! :) I'm on 810 now and weighed in this morning and i've gained a pound so i am not a happy bunny! Official weigh in is on Sunday so it better come off (and some!!!) before then!

Just done some pumpkin patch shopping for Freya for barbados (sorry savings account!). Its distracting from the fact that she's away until thursday evening :(

Feel better soon Autumn! On whatsapp pretty much permanently if needed lol

Tigg, i do love getting about a bit lol they are just long days when i go away with work and my colleagues always seem to insist on "working Dinner" and "working breakfast". They dont seem to get that if i am in the office that i dont wish to spend my morning AND evening with them, i have my own thing to do! I have plymouth, glouchester, sheffield, and ipswich in the next 2- months too!

Diet wise, 100%, the gain on the scales bothers me. Its probably because i am full of sh*t! lol. Wimbledon was more like a doubles match yesterday but it wasnt even half of what my belly wanted to get rid of! I have those husk tablets, and im back on the water retention tablets too so i really rattle!

In the depot for a meeting this morning and then wfh this afternoon to write a report so having my products earlier and more spaced out.

oh, and matt really isnt the one for me Kate! He's an AMAZING kisser, but there was none of that this weekend (would have made it better if there was). He called me Matey/Dude....it made me want to stab him in the eye with a fork! xxx

Hello everyone can i join your 'gang' ? I have been lurking on the boards for a week or 2 reading with interest and you are all so supportive which is what I need as I dont get any support diet wise at home (quite the opposite)
i do have hubby and 2 kids 10 and 13 at home and i work full time in a job that requires me to travel often so today I am spending 6 hours sat on a train and tomorrow 6 hours driving and similar on Thursday anyway.... i started step 2 2.5 weeks ago and have lost 8lb which is good but was a struggle and definitely off track on weekends but this weekend i was more disciplined (less gin and tonics!) so hoping for a good loss on friday (my weigh in day)
more to come from me later.... have a good day everyone
sam

Morning Amigos and welcome aboard Kate! :) I'm on 810 now and weighed in this morning and i've gained a pound so i am not a happy bunny! Official weigh in is on Sunday so it better come off (and some!!!) before then! Just done some pumpkin patch shopping for Freya for barbados (sorry savings account!). Its distracting from the fact that she's away until thursday evening :( Feel better soon Autumn! On whatsapp pretty much permanently if needed lol Tigg, i do love getting about a bit lol they are just long days when i go away with work and my colleagues always seem to insist on "working Dinner" and "working breakfast". They dont seem to get that if i am in the office that i dont wish to spend my morning AND evening with them, i have my own thing to do! I have plymouth, glouchester, sheffield, and ipswich in the next 2- months too! Diet wise, 100%, the gain on the scales bothers me. Its probably because i am full of sh*t! lol. Wimbledon was more like a doubles match yesterday but it wasnt even half of what my belly wanted to get rid of! I have those husk tablets, and im back on the water retention tablets too so i really rattle! In the depot for a meeting this morning and then wfh this afternoon to write a report so having my products earlier and more spaced out. oh, and matt really isnt the one for me Kate! He's an AMAZING kisser, but there was none of that this weekend (would have made it better if there was). He called me Matey/Dude....it made me want to stab him in the eye with a fork! xxx

You do get about don't you! Don't panic about the initial gain now that you've stepped up it's just your body saying 'if this is for me I'm keeping it!' But stick to the plan for the week and it will disappear. With the exercise you're doing you're probably still only on 600 cals or so. I wouldn't worry about it just keep plugging away.

You're right thigh Wimbledon arriving fully into the world will help with the weight loss too!

I have my official weigh in later today but I'm pretty sure that having stepped up to 4 I'll be sts this week. I still have that needing to go feeling. I wonder if it'll go before I get to weigh in?!?

Autumn how are you doing? Sounded sooo sore. I hope the ab drops are working!

Anyway hope you have a good day Lizz and all the amigos.

Hello everyone can i join your 'gang' ? I have been lurking on the boards for a week or 2 reading with interest and you are all so supportive which is what I need as I dont get any support diet wise at home (quite the opposite) i do have hubby and 2 kids 10 and 13 at home and i work full time in a job that requires me to travel often so today I am spending 6 hours sat on a train and tomorrow 6 hours driving and similar on Thursday anyway.... i started step 2 2.5 weeks ago and have lost 8lb which is good but was a struggle and definitely off track on weekends but this weekend i was more disciplined (less gin and tonics!) so hoping for a good loss on friday (my weigh in day) more to come from me later.... have a good day everyone sam

Hi Sam, the more the merrier! I was step two from the start too! It's a great step because you can still be social if you want and just having protein and salad looks like a low carb diet and you don't have to tell people you're doing Cambridge or cheat to have a good time. Sounds like you've done pretty darn well so far. Especially if you're not getting much support. In the beginning my hubby would sit and eat Ben and Jerry's in front of me and ask why I didn't want any. I figure if you can make it through those sorts of temptations then you can do anything!

On your long journeys try to keep occupied (easy when you're driving as you have to concentrate) and drink water like crazy. Might mean you have to stop on the way to use the loo but it's hard to drive so much and stay hydrated. I travel between 3-4 hours per day by car and I have to remind myself to drink. It's a lot of time out of your drinking day if you forget like I tend to!

As for weekends they're always harder because you don't have your routine to stick to. I became a manic cleaning machine in the beginning to stop me wanting to have things I just distracted myself. Long baths and early nights are good if you are tempted to have booze. Unless you're out then you have to drink something and I tend to go for fizzy water. Though to be fair to yourself slimline G&T is the best choice you could have made alcoholically speaking. It's lowest in cals and has no carbs in it. Having said that drinking whilst in ketosis isn't a good idea at all!

Hope you're feeling good today and are looking forward to your weigh in!

Last edited:
Thanks tiggemma

will try and drink as much as possible today but depends how busy the train is and the state of the toilets (mostly grim!)

i have found I am better if i have my first shake around lunchtime and today i have a meeting accompanied by my new boss so I may not even get chance to get my drink i have brought a tetra and bar though so I can have when its quiet!

Driving yes I need to remember to drink as it isnt always easy when you are driving but I do have a big stock of water bottles in my car just in case.

Sam

Back