Day 1 tomorrow

well its not going so well for me in india i am trying my best but it is difficult to find things to eat when out or with colleagues but i have been drinking lots of water and having usually a shake (not great just hand blended) amd a bar i am quite enjoying green tea but the milk tastes weird here - at least now they know to give me a glass of skimmed milk every day!! the hotel staff think i am strange as they dont think i eat apart from sometimes an egg white omelette and bowls of clear soup which is the only nice thing the issue is i am running low on products of i have 3 a day and cant get plain fish or prawns and dont want to risk salad!! the chicken i have had has put me off eating any more (the odd bone or gristle!!) so the protein i am getting ia from eggs but it means i feel reAlly hungry to the point of tears tonight i am just homesick now and i wont go into details but the person who has joined recently as a bit of tit and i dont like him i almost broke out the peanuts, oreos, snickers etc sent to tempt me seriously though it is a massive test for me this week and i just hope it pays off on the scales when i get back (i cant even check how the scales are ahowing!!) anyway sorry to rant sam

Oh god sounds awful.
How much longer have u got left there? What exactly are u doing there btw?
Just focus on the day your coming home that's all I can say it will be worth it xx

Oh god sounds awful. How much longer have u got left there? What exactly are u doing there btw? Just focus on the day your coming home that's all I can say it will be worth it xx
thanks just whingeing to someone helps!!
thanks
i come home sunday morning
so only 3 full days left
part of the frustration is being bored as it isnt as busy as it could be (its a clinical study with 5 hospital sites) but due to delays it hasnt started but i have had a few meetings just not as busy as i could be and my ticket is non changeable!!!
going to pull myself together and start the day tomorrow with a lovely mug of green tea - the green tea bags here are yummy!!!
thanks for letting me whinge!!!
aam

well its not going so well for me in india i am trying my best but it is difficult to find things to eat when out or with colleagues but i have been drinking lots of water and having usually a shake (not great just hand blended) amd a bar i am quite enjoying green tea but the milk tastes weird here - at least now they know to give me a glass of skimmed milk every day!! the hotel staff think i am strange as they dont think i eat apart from sometimes an egg white omelette and bowls of clear soup which is the only nice thing the issue is i am running low on products of i have 3 a day and cant get plain fish or prawns and dont want to risk salad!! the chicken i have had has put me off eating any more (the odd bone or gristle!!) so the protein i am getting ia from eggs but it means i feel reAlly hungry to the point of tears tonight i am just homesick now and i wont go into details but the person who has joined recently as a bit of tit and i dont like him i almost broke out the peanuts, oreos, snickers etc sent to tempt me seriously though it is a massive test for me this week and i just hope it pays off on the scales when i get back (i cant even check how the scales are ahowing!!) anyway sorry to rant sam

Oh Sam, that's rubbish. But stick to the products you have and whatever good food you can find. I'd rather have the staff thinking I didn't eat than I was eating my own body weight in rubbish food. You've so well so far so just stick it out as best you can until Sunday!!!

Don't forget flying does make you bloat and retain water so no matter what your first weigh in is when you get back expect to drop a lb or 2 of flying weight quickly. Xxx

thanks just whingeing to someone helps!! thanks i come home sunday morning so only 3 full days left part of the frustration is being bored as it isnt as busy as it could be (its a clinical study with 5 hospital sites) but due to delays it hasnt started but i have had a few meetings just not as busy as i could be and my ticket is non changeable!!! going to pull myself together and start the day tomorrow with a lovely mug of green tea - the green tea bags here are yummy!!! thanks for letting me whinge!!! aam

You're always welcome to rant to us. We all do it at times! Xxx

Thanks Tigg and Autumn it helps to know we all go through difficult spells and here for support

sam

Thanks Tigg and Autumn it helps to know we all go through difficult spells and here for support sam
Oh well 3 days will fly hun u need a new addiction that's what I do like a rubbish game on the iPhone or something sounds like you've been doing ok so far and done damage limitation as best u can xx

Last edited:
A quick hello from me at the end of day 2!! I've got the evil headache that comes with ketosis and my little ketostix is turning pink so all good!! Sorry haven't had much chance to catch up properly!! But been keeping myself busy to stay on track I know as soon as ketosis fully arrives it'll be plain sailing!!

Hope everyone is ok!!

Lizz / when do you head off to Barbados?? How's step 3 going for you now? Are you coping with the carbs??

Tigg - sorry ur not feeling too good - sounds like the poorly bugs are lurking in ur house if hubby been off color as well - make sure u don't miss any meal as that definitely won't help esp with u being a busy bee!! Try to rest as n when u can! Hope u feel better soon!!

Autumn - still incredibly inspired by ur loss this week - esp after a holiday ... Amazing!!!

S4S - sounds like it's hard going over there - at least Ull be home soon and the fact that u haven't let it all go is the most important thing!! Your head is obv in the right place as ur still trying to make the best choices you can and that is the key to success!! Hope things calm down for you on your return!

Catch up tomorrow xx

Morning All :) Good to see more posts, but that invariably means i shall now miss something lol

Autumn, super news on the scales hun! Very proud of you for sticking to SS+ whilst on holiday! You really are made of strong stuff!

Tigg, get better soon hun and please make sure you eat your cals today lady!!! I shall be chasing you lol

Sam, I'm sorry youre home sick, i'm not surprised :( I have 3 days in plymouth soon (feels like the other end of the world) soon and thats bad enough and thats still in the UK! I hate being away from home and out of routine!

Tink, YAY for Day 2 being done and dusted! back on SS like the boss hun! :) Well done! When do you get weighed? what was the holiday damage?

Off to barbados on Bank holiday Monday, but staying in Manchester the sunday, so about 17 days now i think? I ordered a swimming costume and bikini off asos yesterday which are brave for me to say the least!

Todays news, Matt (the weekend visitor) was texting last night basically saying he wants to f me again and "test out that smaller body" which is just delightful :/ The only nice thing he did say was that i was hot before Christmas when we slept together so my body must be rocking now. he's a cheeky pr1ck thinking that he can just resume action!

Sigh!!! MEN!!!!!

xx

hey LizRobb must be quite amusing to get the "booty call" text enjoy it ! must be a great feeling to be chased after (treat him mean and be unavailable then he has to chase more is my advice!!! lol what do I know!!)

feeling a little brighter today and can see an end in sight for my trip

also i think i was a bit bunged up after eating eggs and i can associate with the "wimbledon" description lol but then that opened the floodgates so to speak and my tum feels decidedly off/runny today so i did have boiled egg and some veg today for brekkie, got my skimmed milk (see the hotel staff are trained now lol) i will be having mostly shakes and water and green tea for the rest of the day with a bowl of clear soup tonight

i know hubby will be keen to get me back on sunday so i want to clear my body of the spicy smell that only other people notice when u get home from eating spicy food, hey ho that means a bit of exercise sunday night!!!!!

sam

Definitely a booty call Lizz! Haha!

I am on my sofa. I've hardly slept all night. I am about to go to the pharmacy to buy more drugs. I have had breakfast though so that's a good start!

Sam, hope the next few days go quickly!

Tinks well done on getting in the pink nice and quickly. Hope the headache goes soon.

Xxx

Lizz I am looking forward to stories from your holiday as your home life is super exciting it's like a modern day Bridget diary lol.
Well jay has had a hellish night and then had to take me to work via the garage dropping my car with them and isn't best pleased whoops. He should have just given me his car but hey ho lol the new tire will be sorted this afternoon

Tiggs the germs sound like they've taken a grip. Paracetamol Brufen and a nasal congestion spray is the best thing don't waste money on lemsips n other branded nonsense

I'm off tomorrow can't wait am shattered need to pop to the joules shop and see Jacob.
Puppy back at vets tonight for a check up re her wound etc. Got Physio later on too xx

Thanks for the advice Autumn. Currently sweating profusely! But drugs have stopped my back aching yay! Xxx

Oh dear well keep the fluids going hun n sweat it out. Xx

I sort of entered for a ballot place in the great north run in a bit of a whim. I didn't hear back so thought I hadn't got it. I just got an email saying that they'll see me on the start line in a month!?! It seems I may be about to do my first half marathon!! Oops! Better get over this cold and get out doing a bit more running! Xxx

I sort of entered for a ballot place in the great north run in a bit of a whim. I didn't hear back so thought I hadn't got it. I just got an email saying that they'll see me on the start line in a month!?! It seems I may be about to do my first half marathon!! Oops! Better get over this cold and get out doing a bit more running! Xxx

Haha that's amazing and hilarious all at the same time. Head cleared and get out running hun

I've only just got home and had second product of the day got my ss+ prawns to cook and then have a bar why is it when I plan a meal I never get round to it and the days I don't plan one I want to eat everything in sight. Jay said 'those prawns cost £5-50 for 153g pack at co-op u better blo0dy eat them' haha xx

Haha that's amazing and hilarious all at the same time. Head cleared and get out running hun I've only just got home and had second product of the day got my ss+ prawns to cook and then have a bar why is it when I plan a meal I never get round to it and the days I don't plan one I want to eat everything in sight. Jay said 'those prawns cost £5-50 for 153g pack at co-op u better blo0dy eat them' haha xx

It'll be fine I'll just walk when I need to I can definitely cover the distance so long as it isn't too hot. Just not particularly fast!!!

When you tell yourself you're having food later your body just waits for it. Whereas when your brain is saying no more food you want it. Silly really but I struggle to fit the food in some days because I know I can have it and I'm not hungry for it. Enjoy the expensive prawns! ;-) xxx

Hello ladies

Hope all well!

Sam I feel for you, spent two hellish weeks in India pre diet in April so I understand the homesickness. Sounds like your doing better today. I had an omelette everyday for brekkie too. The milk makes the cereal wierd and defo stay away from the chicken. I had it once and it was gross.

Autumn, well done on the weight loss on hols! Mine is 5 weeks away now. Hoping I can be as well behaved!

Tigg, jaysus well done on the half marathon! I dread the thought of one mile! :)

All ok with me. Trying to stick to the diet 100%, find I am starving the last few days? Don't know why. Find it hard to go as long between products. Didnt have a weigh in this week, have one on monday but dont feel i am down much? Have given up weighing myself at home as my scales is stupid

Work is aaaawwwffffuuulll at the moment. So sick of the pressure. Feel like I'm doing nothing but working or thinking about work for the last few weeks (hence the lack of posts).

Finally got the fibre sorted. Got this powdered suppliment which I took for two weeks. Has the husks in it. Omg... So disgusting. Had to hold my nose and skull it in water. Retched at the end of the glass over the sink everyday as it got really gloopy. Gross. My sister got me other stuff which u just add to your shake so much better!

It'll be fine I'll just walk when I need to I can definitely cover the distance so long as it isn't too hot. Just not particularly fast!!! When you tell yourself you're having food later your body just waits for it. Whereas when your brain is saying no more food you want it. Silly really but I struggle to fit the food in some days because I know I can have it and I'm not hungry for it. Enjoy the expensive prawns! ;-) xxx

Just had them was lush. I made him get the xo-op ones as less cals per 100g lol. Morrisons are same but tesco were double amount of cals.
Now watching a year to save my fat life thing and have a bar. X

Hello ladies Hope all well! Sam I feel for you, spent two hellish weeks in India pre diet in April so I understand the homesickness. Sounds like your doing better today. I had an omelette everyday for brekkie too. The milk makes the cereal wierd and defo stay away from the chicken. I had it once and it was gross. Autumn, well done on the weight loss on hols! Mine is 5 weeks away now. Hoping I can be as well behaved! Tigg, jaysus well done on the half marathon! I dread the thought of one mile! :) All ok with me. Trying to stick to the diet 100%, find I am starving the last few days? Don't know why. Find it hard to go as long between products. Didnt have a weigh in this week, have one on monday but dont feel i am down much? Have given up weighing myself at home as my scales is stupid Work is aaaawwwffffuuulll at the moment. So sick of the pressure. Feel like I'm doing nothing but working or thinking about work for the last few weeks (hence the lack of posts). Finally got the fibre sorted. Got this powdered suppliment which I took for two weeks. Has the husks in it. Omg... So disgusting. Had to hold my nose and skull it in water. Retched at the end of the glass over the sink everyday as it got really gloopy. Gross. My sister got me other stuff which u just add to your shake so much better!

Hey I am on the Cambridge powder and it dissolves and is tasteless. I add to a shake twice a day.
I have to say I went to India once and was like never again. Not good as jays family originate from there lol. I can handle Dubai that's a different ball game haha.
Hang in there and let us know how u get on on Monday. It's weird but if u stay diet strong and start turning corners with it it does help u deal with other stress. I was super good on hols otherwise I'd have had a huge gain. It's given me a good boost though. I plan to carry on doing step 1 until next month then hopefully neck will has settled down n can hammer the body pump n body combat classes good luck.

As dolvette (Tiggs will know who I mean) would say
Hard work - dedication
Dedication - hard work
I'm a bit in love with him and jay and I are watching the season finale tomorrow night lol xx

Hey I am on the Cambridge powder and it dissolves and is tasteless. I add to a shake twice a day. I have to say I went to India once and was like never again. Not good as jays family originate from there lol. I can handle Dubai that's a different ball game haha. Hang in there and let us know how u get on on Monday. It's weird but if u stay diet strong and start turning corners with it it does help u deal with other stress. I was super good on hols otherwise I'd have had a huge gain. It's given me a good boost though. I plan to carry on doing step 1 until next month then hopefully neck will has settled down n can hammer the body pump n body combat classes good luck. As dolvette (Tiggs will know who I mean) would say Hard work - dedication Dedication - hard work I'm a bit in love with him and jay and I are watching the season finale tomorrow night lol xx

I had a less than good experience in Bangladesh and if the food in India is anything like there you're doing really well Sam.

Toodlies, I hope work eases up for you soon. I haven't been resting enough and now have a hideous cold! And enforced time off.

Ah! I do love Dolvette! Unconvinced by Anna though. Miss Jillian!

Xxx

Back