Day 10 of Cambridge and looking for buddies!

Hi ladies,

I'm officially off CWP for good. I've been having stomach problems on and off since Christmas but they came to a head at the weekend and I'm currently waiting on test results and a scan to find out what the hell is wrong with me. I've been googling (as you do) and it appears I've caused this by being on this diet so no more.

My CDC bought back all the products I still had and I am doing MFP religiously and exercising most days. It's working so far I lost 1lb at my weigh in yesterday and I was 9st 2 this morning on my scales. I'll still be having weigh ins with my CDC as they're at my house and my 2 sisters are still on it.

I'm feeling like I can really do this, I'm eating 'normally' now and I seem to have found a way that works for me. I just need to watch myself between now and June as I have numerous nights out, 2 holidays (including a cruise), a hen do and a wedding.

This week is going to be the big test as I'm out tonight, Saturday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and then Sunday - all are potentially big day / nights out so if I can get through this I can get through anything I reckon!

Hope you're well x

oh Clare, poor you - hope the results come back ok...

That's amazing news that you're maintaining and you've managed to find a way forward that works for you. I must admit, i'm struggling at the moment, but nothing that can't be sorted with hard work and knuckling down i'm sure!!

Keep in touch and updated. xxx

sorry to hear that your not keepin so well, hope they get to the botom of it.
your weight loss is just fab and that your still losing and doing it your way is ace, pop on to see us from time to time don t think we really give 2 hoots to what diet your doing. miss clare are you thinking of giving up your 9st membership and upgrading to the 8s? is that the platinum card :)
take care and all the luck in the word
jxx

Morning all,

Just a quick drop by to say I'm still alive! Had a really busy couple of weeks both with my social life and work. Eating wise it's been a big 2 weeks I'm not going to lie to you however I'm still exercising and eating sensibly in between. Last night was the last big one until 11th April then 18th April, I still have lots of plans but I'm not worried about those eating wise.

Scales are showing 9st 8 which I'm very happy with considering everything I've eaten the past few weeks. I'm very confident in getting back on track properly today and being back to around 9st 5 again within a week or 2. You know what? I'm not worried about it so much any more. I'm still weighing myself every morning but I've not been higher than 9st 8. I think that's going to be my limit where alarm bells ring going forward but I really do think I've reached a point where it is almost natural for me to eat the way I'm eating and I'm still loving the exercise.

I hope you are all well xx

That's incredible Clare. I'm so proud that you've found that balance between food and exercise and even better that you have a balance between events.

Just wondering what you eat usually on a "normal" day? I'm still struggling to find the right balance, and always find that hearing what other people do helps.

xx

Hi Flic :)

I'm trying to keep to around 1200 calories, which I do most days . For me that's usually porridge with ss milk and a banana, lunch either something small (eg snack sushi pack) then a bigger dinner - maybe an omelette or Bolognese or something, although last week I was going the other way and having a baked potato with cheese and beans for lunch, a lot of calories at around 600, but then a 400 cal ish meal in the evenings. That sounds fine in theory but I will be going back to smaller lunches this week again, I found that I was struggling to function properly on such a full stomach during the day. I'm okay in the mornings but I find I'm quite hungry about 4pm, to now I've just waited until dinner as we eat quite early anyway with the little ones but I think I'll just add in a piece of fruit in the afternoons to keep me going.

I'm not too bothered going over my 1200 as some days I don't have enough anyway and I exercise quite regularly so that makes up for it. I'm only slightly higher than target at the minute as I've eaten out almost every night for the last 2 weeks (often more than once a day!) and I refuse to stick to a diet when I'm out. I don't tend to have desserts or starters now (unless they're extra special, I couldn't turn down any dessert with cherries and almonds!) and I don't usually finish my main as I'm too full but I do have what I want even if it will take me over my calories for the day. I don't really feel like I'm on a diet at all which is exactly where I wanted to be.

I'm getting a whole lot better at stopping eating when I'm full now, I was out last week and I only ate about 5 chips as I was too full whereas usually I would have eaten them anyway, together with a big dessert!

I can't say exactly what changed within me except I know that this is the weight I'm going to stay now.

I've been reading your diary for the last couple of weeks and you sound like you've been struggling. My advice is maybe take yourself out of any situation in which you may 'cheat' - meals out excluded. I found at first that exercising in the evening made me not want to snack and I don't keep anything in the house that I would be tempted by really. I do find MFP great but I know you use this already.

I don't think I've been any help at all but I really do wish you the best of luck xx

Likewise Jen - you sound like you've really got it sorted :) xx

Back