Day 10 of Cambridge and looking for buddies!

Hi ladies,

Having a bit of a downer week so far but feel a lot more positive now.

Had an OTT weekend eating wise, as expected. Went out for dinner Thursday and Friday nights and ate way too much then I cooked Saturday night and it wasn't low fat or low carb. Then did baking with kiddies on Sunday and ate some of the spoils and made a hotpot Sunday night (plus other stuff throughout). Was feeling okay as I knew this was always going to be a big weekend but I woke up Sunday night with terrible stomach pains that wouldn't go away and I was literally awake all night because of it and it happened again on Tuesday night. So was feeling pretty rubbish with the lack of sleep and worse knowing it's self inflicted.

I've had (another) strong word with myself and I need to sort myself out. I'm also slightly scared of eating anything now in case it happens again! Yesterday I had an omelette with veggies plus 1 shake all day and will probably have the same tonight but had 2 shakes today. Did most of an exercise DVD last night and plan to do another one tonight and have my name down on a waiting list for pilates classes hopefully starting in March.

Didn't bother getting weighed last night as I don't want to be de-motivated, hopefully I can repair damage done this week ready for next weeks weigh in. I'm planning on 2 shakes a day and a small meal and ease myself into it gradually this time - as I keep saying time and time again. Haven't got a great deal of time to go through the steps though, I have a planned night out on 28th Feb, then 11th March then so so many meals and nights out through March and April.

I'll get there! Was 9st8 this morning so a few lbs on as expected but they will be off soon hopefully. I am making a full fat Nigella recipe on Saturday but I'm planning on just having a small portion. I feel like just giving up on CWP and doing my own thing but I can't seem to take that jump I need and leave behind my security blanket!

Hope you are all well and are doing better than me.

xx

Hi ladies,

Feeling uber positive diet-wise this morning. Been back on track ish since Wednesday, couple of blips but nothing major. Been doing my exercise DVDs and I swear I can already see a difference in my body, it's amazing. I've been having 1 or 2 shakes a day and 1 small meal (generally) but calorie counting rather than just sticking to protein and veggies. MFP is my friend :) Yesterday I made a gorg lasagne and ended up having lunch too but although I had 1200 cals I burned off 800 with exercise and it said "if every day were like today you'd be 8st 9 in 5 weeks". If only!

I'm really enjoying the exercising and I do feel I can carry on doing that quite easily so here's hoping I can finally get to the body I want!

xx

Morning Clare,

Sounds like you're doing brilliantly - well done on all the exercise and activity - you must be feeling fab!

I feel like i'm in limbo at the moment - not ready to give up on my CWP journey and steps, but also wanting and needing to be ready to stand on my own feet with maintenance etc.

Have a fab week Clare.

xx

Thanks! I'm exactly the same but when I do stop CWP I want to properly stop and not have it as a back up plan thinking I can eat like a pig and then just do a couple of weeks of SS to compensate. My CDC does that and I personally think it's a very unhealthy way of managing your weight but each to their own and I'm not doing so fab on that front myself! Hope you have a great week :) xx

I'm so with you and that Clare - The last thing I want to do is go back to SS/SS+ partly because I don't think it's actually a good thing to rely on. I want to be able to shift this weight and maintain by healthy eating, cutting back and exercising, not falling back on a pretty extreme diet to solve all my woes.

Saying that, part of me is tempted to get back on the SS train, just because I seemed to cope so much better! Haha.

xx

Yup yup yup agree agree and been there done that! I've been on and off ss since Christmas and I just can't seem to stick to it hence the weaning myself off it now!

I didn't believe those who say getting near target or maintaining is the hardest bit but I do now!!

xx

Morning morning morning!

Was 9st4 this morning on my scales - eeeekkk! Please please please be down to 9st5 for my weigh in tomorrow night, I'm usually about 2-3lbs heavier in the evenings fully clothed though. I sooo need to see that target to keep me motivated. Haven't ever seen that weight on my scales before, very tempted to take a photo and frame it or stick it on my fridge as a deterrent!

My current plan, the one I've had for nearly a whole week (hey that's good for me lately!) appears to be working. I start pilates tonight which I'm very excited about as my colleague swears 1 hour a week completely changed her body shape within 12 weeks of starting it and she looks fab - she lost around 2-3 stone doing sw last year and has maintained for getting on for a year now. You can tell with a lot of people if they've lost a decent amount of weight on things like arms and thighs but she looks really lean and toned, like she's always been slim.

Hope you have a great day, speak later xx

Oh, all sounds fab Mrs! Well done on those scales - you're flaming well at target! :) :) :)

I'm going to give step 3 another couple of weeks and then I might go "rogue" like you and do my own thing involving shakes and soup and evening meals.

What's your current day plan in total Clare - like menu/exercise regime?

xx

miss clare
fantastic fantastic on the weight front you are at goal now in the evening with clothes on is so not your true weight
jxx

Thanks girls! I know the evening weight is not my true weight but I WANT IT!!!! Haha sad I know!!

Routine this week has been 1 or 2 CWP shakes during day then a 500-700 ish cal meal in the evening. I've been doing my exercise DVD most nights. I only did 20 mins last night as I was feeling a bit icky but the night before I did 80 mins plus warm up and cool down / stretch. I was 9st 8lbs last Wednesday morning on my scales. I haven't been religious with this, I had a hot choc with the works and a big piece of cake on Friday and my evening meals have not necessarily been good. I've had a 3 egg omelette with lots of veggies and some cheese a few times, which MFP worked out as 450 ish cals. I made a full fat Nigella curry on Saturday which I had a small portion of with some wholemeal rice, plus I had terrine and (shock horror) white bread for lunch the same day. Think I had about 1400 cals that day but did 80 mins workout which burned around 800 cals by my reckoning. I also had full fat lasagne on Sunday night but again only a small portion plus exercise.

Even with all that I've lost 4lbs this week!

I'm thinking not deprive myself of what I want as that is when I crave and binge. I'm eating what I like on some days but just a smaller portion than I would have had before. I'm out this Saturday but I'm thinking 1 course plus a couple of cocktails instead of the 3 courses plus lots of cocktails that I would have had normally going to this place with this friend!

Planning on this for a couple of weeks then going to start eating during day I think and stop the shakes. I'm a bit reluctant on this front as I'm doing fine not eating at the minute but I need to get my nutrients from something! I also find if I eat during day I get hungry whereas if I just have my 2 shakes plus maybe a cup of hot water with CWP veg water flavouring (pretend it's soup it works!) I don't really get hungry. Will see how I get on anyway. I will still be doing weekly weigh ins as my CDC comes to my house and my sister is still doing it at mine so that will continue.

Wish me luck!!

xx

Good luck for WI lovely.

So you're not actually eating anything in the day? I'm not sure i'd be able to manage that! I eat food in the day - soup, porridge, fruit + shakes/bars, then have a pig out evening when I don't stay on plan. I think this is the problem. I am starting to resent the calories from CWP as I could use them for better things, if that makes sense?

I know what you mean about being scared with starting eating during the day...why not start by having soft things/wet things like homemade soup for lunch and a milkshake or something for breakfast? I'm sure using skimmed milk and berries to make a "shake" would be similar in terms of filling you up, but lower cal and easing you into it? I've been trying to stick to green soups at the moment - my most successful are broccoli, or courgette and mint. Broccoli is literally onion - sweated, broccoli and a low salt stock cube - works out about 70 cals per portion. The courgette is much the same, but with added mint leaves to give it some flavour. I always blitz until smooth, as I prefer it this way...you could then start adding in extra things as and when you feel like it.

Your fitness DVDs and routine sounds intense! I feel like i'm doing a lot but i'm out for about 1/2hr running/walking - on average burning about 350 cals. Need to take a leaf out of your book and either go back to the gym/add in a fitness DVD.

I'm sure tonight will go well - if you're not at target tonight, you'll be pretty damn close!

xx

Thanks, weigh in is tomorrow night, tonight is Pilates.

I'm having 1-2 shakes but no not generally although I did have a sandwich today. I want to get to porridge for breakfast (everyone in my office has this most days and it smells fab!) and then lunch something I can bring in from home, maybe leftovers from the night before. I'm just not ready to jump from what I'm currently doing to 1500+ cals a day at least while I still want to lose a few last lbs. If I can keep it under 1000 cals at least 5 days a week plus a bit of exercise i'll be happy, maybe up to 1500 cals 2 days a week but still with the exercise. MFP calculations say I should still lose weight doing this. Net calories after exercise will then be up to around 500 cals 5 days a week and up to 1000 2 days a week. MFP suggests 1200 a day (not inc exercise) to lose 5 lbs in 5 weeks.

I'm loving the exercising at the minute, saves me being tempted by food too!

xx

Morning ladies,

Weigh in this afternoon instead of tonight and after my 9st4 yesterday I'm 9st6 1/2 this morning on my scales :( Shall I just accept now I'm never going to be 9st5 or below on her scales?! Had 900 cals yesterday plus did an hour of pilates so that obviously justifies a 2 1/2lb gain over night!

Sooo frustrating! Yes I know it's only a number and yes I know it's how I feel that matters but I have this little card with my target on and my 1 stone and 2 stone fridge magnets and it would be sooo nice to get that final achievement.

Hope you have a lovely day xx

Oh Clare,

It's so frustrating! Are you a bit achey this morning? Your muscles might be retaining fluid which would account for the gain. A blooming pain when you're doing so well, but keep with it my love.

Hope you have a good day,

xx

Morning!
No I feel great and I know it could be any number of things I just feel so frustrated that every week I'm saying the same thing!
How are doing my dear?
xx

Who knows then...seems like everyone's scales are playing up this morning? I forgot to weigh so who knows what games mine are playing.

Feeling a bit better this morning - i'll get to my log in a bit! Haha.

xx

the scales can be nasty snakes i ve seen 3lb magically appear overnight only to go the next and they seem to time most of these little suprises right when my cambridge consultant is near. settle petal it will be gone in a day or too. excerise will up the water retension but only in the short term, get the 9st membership badge out and relax!

you are doing amazingly don t you forget
jxx

Thanks Jen, you made me lol about when the CDC is near, it does always seem to happen on a Wednesday!

xx

I DID IT!!!! 9st5lbs!!! I'M AT TARGET!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx

Back