Day 11........finding it really hard

pittville

Hello everyone,

I have been on cd now for 11 days, and have been visiting the site for some motivation. It has been great reading some of the ups and downs of your journeys, but now feel that I do need more motivation today. Went to the cinema today and I think that just pushed me to the limit, even though I did not 'cheat' and have not since I started.

The scales dont seem to have moved either since Wednesday, and feeling rubbish now.

Any motivational words would help from anyone that has been doing this for awhile.....PLEASE!!!!! :cry:

darling - I write a diary and keep it as humourous as possible with proper deep feelings to match it. i find it so much fun and it really does take my mind off it. Have a read (link on my signature line) and try doing one for yourself too.
Failing that you ought to remember that you have been eating all your life and stippoing suddenly is a massive shock. you are investing £36 a week to do well - so dont despair... youtook the steps, like me and together we can do it.
Plus you lost a super duper 10lbs the first week. no point in having a little cheat and gaining back that weight you so painfully tried to lose. Its not worth it, right? Not even for a nibble of chock.
But as I am on SS+ I find it easy to munch on lean meat throughout the day and scoff the odd pickled onion (which has not thrown me out of ketosis). Im not quliafied to say have some carb free meat but a little bit might put you on and wont add too much stress to your efforts so far.
Thinking of you xx

Last edited:
Hi

I've been on SS for nearly two months but it's felt like longer! Have not cheated once. I know everybody says this but don't jump on the scales between your official weigh ins, I had to get my hubby to put mine in the loft cos I'm scared to go up there! All the scales will do is dishearten you - if you hadn't have got on them on Wednesday would you be feeling quite so miserable right now? I doubt it - instead you'd just be focussing on how well you did at the cinema today for not cheating. Stay strong hun - you've done so well in your first week and there'll be many more good weeks to come. xx :hug99:

Thanks for your replies. I have weighed in today and lost a further 6 pounds!!! I am now going to take it week by week, as it is a shorter goal, but feeling abit more positive. Need to keep the scales as I dont think I would cope without it!!! Sorry for the delay, but been keeping my self out of the house over the weekend which is when i find the CD even harder!!!

Ok...The biggest words of motivation I can give you is if you slip you will feel dreadful...It will feel like the whole 11 days were a waste of time...no one ever feels better for breaking their diet..yes they may learn something from it...but you won't feel like you do when you get on the scales and you have lost
The other thing about evil scales is they don't tell you inches...many people find the inches fall off when the pounds don't come off.
If you slip your goal will be so much further away

I found looking at the success pics helped

I also adopted the mindset that failing wasn't on option...keep focused on your goals...your aims why you are doing CD
Finally think of the complete waste of money it will be if you slip...

Hope I haven't come across too tough!!Not intention!!

obviously wrote my thoughts as you posted!!!
So pleased you didn't slip and you gained the rewards...Such a positive tool to take forward

Heyyy you!!! look at your fab weight losses!! Well done. Bear this in mind though..... If you are sticking to CD, no matter what your scales say, even if you jump on them every five minutes or go the other way and only ever jump on them once a month you will lose weight.
CD is a good diet. If you do it, which you have, you lose.
Scales and weight fluctuate so weigh yourself for the fun of it, but dont take much notice of what they are saying unless its your official weigh day!
I will say it again, coz I can, and coz I mean it. If your doing CD you will lose weight.
Lynne xxx

Well done for not slipping and you were rewarded with a fab loss,some very wise words from people on here,I think CD is 90% psycological,you really can talk yourself into or out of anything!!
xx

Mary Poppins............amazing weight loss......motivation indeed!!!!! Thanks everyone else, I am feeling much better now, and looking forward to returning to work on Monday for the same company I was made redundant from in May (victim of the credit crunch). But I am abit slimmer now!! I have been wanting to lose weight for a long time, and finally making the commitment to do it, I will now look at that as an achievment in itself. I WONT GIVE UP NOW, I OWE IT TO MYSELF.......

you've done so fantastically well honey. so so well :D

congratulations on what you have lost so far. over a stone in a fortnight!! that's amazing.

keep it up and you'll be down to goal in no time!! how much more are you wanting to lose?

abz xx

Thanks Abz.

I put a chart on my fridge when I started with a goal to lose 1 1/2 stone.....well that been smashed already. I just want to take this day by day at the moment, as I am really missing food, especially 'lasagne' :cry: (I read your post earlier). Also I am back to work on Monday in central london where the temptations will be ridiculous!!!! Ideally though 10 st will do as I have not been that for 10 years....not even on my wedding day.

Back