Day 11 - no weightloss in 2nd week ?

Lostris

Serena's title didn't fit
Hi all,

I'm new here, I'll just add a short introduction. Seems rude not to ;-).

I'm a 20 year old member of the female sex ^.^. I study at uni/college whatever you want to call it and I'm about 35kilo's (+- 77lbs?) overweight.

I started Cambridge because my weightproblem has to do with emotional problems I've had because of an abusive relationship of 1.5 years.

I ate away all my emotions and ended up fat. Now, to prove to myself I can do it, I WILL lose those +-77lbs.

I no longer want this burdon from the past and I'm determined to stick to this diet until I have rid myself of those extra kilo's.

I've been reading the forum for quite a while but don't think I've actually posted somewhere before.

I'm from a country that doesn't use lbs but I will try to translate it for you all to make it more understandable ! ;-))

I'm on day 11 of the diet. So far, I haven't had too much trouble with it.. surprisingly. I have a bit of a hard time when I smell yummy food though, I instantly feel hungry ^.^

Anyway

I lost about 11lb in the first 6 days, god knows how haha, but now I don't seem to be losing anything and it's frustrating me a bit. I read somewhere it could be because I'm at that time of the month and I was wondering if that could be the reason and if it is: when it will end?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has some nice tips for me. I see there are people here who have done the diet for SO long.. wow guys, well done really! I'm okay for now but I can't say I will still be okay after 3 months of SS.

Thanks a lot for responses/advice etc!!

xxx

Last edited:
Hi lostris. I'm currently the same. Day 10 with 13lbs for wk 1 and 1/2 a lb down from thus. to today. :( Also on totm.

All I can say is, even if we only lose 1 lb. this week - we are still down 12 and 14 lbs in 2 weeks. That's a huge loss, and what other diet will give us that so quickly and still be healthy?

Do not give up or get discouraged. Look at all the people here who have lost a lot of weight because they kept with it and pushed through. We can do this, and if we stay with it we, too, will be losing a lot of weight constantly! There will be up weeks and odwn weeks in any diet, and totm is a nasty, tricky thing. I bet our weight loss has been 3 or so lbs in the few days, and the totm bloating is messing with the numbers.

For the time being, let's look at other accomplishments. You did not chat on the diet when you smelled those foods and got hungry! That's a major accomplishment! Are your clothes fitting just a bit looser? Can you see a couple areas on your body starting to look slimmer? Lighter on your feet? Find other accomplishments to take your mind off the numbers.

Hiii

Thanks for the reply!! I actually have my favorite pants which are quite a bit looser already, I keep having to pull them up! I like wearing them because I have to pull them up lol. I also have the idea my tummy is smaller, but that could just be me hoping haha.

I agree about no other diet being as fast, I chose Cambridge because it was fast. I was just a bit frustrated / confused about losing so much in week 1 and hardly anything in week 2. 12lb in 2 weeks would be awesome too, I agree.

Glad to see totm could have something to do with it. Thanks so much for the reply and the encouraging words, means a lot !!~ I'm glad I posted :)

That time of the month is notorious for fluid retention. Keep at it and it will even out. You'll look back at your loss of about 21lbs in the first month and be sooooo glad you kept going!

Hi Lostris and welcome!

Well done on reaching day 11 and your losses so far - fabulous! Try not to worry to much as you will be losing weight, you retain water at TOTM which will affect the scales and also its not uncommon to have a smaller loss in the 2nd week. I lost 9lbs and then 2lbs but it will pick up again in the 3rd week.

Stick at it and you will be shrinking before your very eyes.

Gxxx

Hopesprings:
Thank you so much for your reaction!! I am sure I will feel the same when I look back and I'm glad it's normal for this to happen! Can't wait to see myself after 4 weeks!!
I'm already proud I haven;t cheated yet, it's strange.. at first I thought this diet would be very VERY hard. But I didn't really feel that until yesterday! Quite strange!!

Porgeous:
Thanks a lot for your reply! It really helps when people tell me it'll be okay and that it's normal! Helps motivate me even more! Btw you look fabulous in your before / after (? right) pictures in your signature! That too is sooo inspiring! You look absolutely gorgeous!!

Lostris - Thank ketosis for that! ;) We all loooove ketosis. The same saintly thing that drops the weight so quickly also prevents you from feeling hungry. That way, when we see and smell foods we love, we are wistful but we can easily say,"Hey, I'm not hungry so it isn't worth it!"

Keep going - you can do this!! And if you want a buddy to help you through, sounds like I'm only a day after you for starting (CD USA here) so feel free to message me. Let me know if you want any of my contacts. :)

Hi!

I'd love to be weightloss buddies and I'd really like your contacts, but I have no idea how to send a PM or anything here. I sent a friend request but... I couldn't find a PM button or anything.. maybe I've gone blind haha!

Lostris - I think you need 50 posts before those will start showing up. My msn is [email protected] if you want to add.

Ok thanks, I will add you!

Hi all,

I lost about 11lb in the first 6 days, god knows how haha, but now I don't seem to be losing anything and it's frustrating me a bit. I read somewhere it could be because I'm at that time of the month and I was wondering if that could be the reason and if it is: when it will end?

Well done so far Lostris and yes, TOTM affects my losses and yes, look at a few weeks average and you'll see the real picture, week to week can vary so much. Stick with it and be amazed at the results.

Thanks Minz for the encouragement :D

Thanks Becky for the welcome and the nice words ^.^

Okido, so I kinda have another question. Forgot to ask!

I've been feeling very weak and slow this week. How long does the weak.. feeling stuff usually last? Anyone have an idea? It's a very strange feeling, hard to describe. My arms and legs feel heavy and all.. I'm not losing muscle or anything because I checked that but I feel very weird.

I know how you feel. I feel like lead sometimes when I wake up. I haven't gotten totally over it yet, but it's manageable now. :)

Ugh!!! I know I should listen to everything I told you, but I'm getting fed up with no loss. And I lost the metal taste in my mouth but I have not cheated at all!! ;.; Someone tell me I'll lose more next week?!

Back