Day 11 & the aftermath of day 10! :(

squindles

I will conquer!!!
I blew it yesterday :cry: I couldn't take the hunger any longer & caved in. I soooooo wanted to do this but I never anticipated how hard it'd be. I don't surpose it helps that I'm with food or thinking about meals constantley (I'm a mum of 4) so it's always breakfasts, packed lunches, thinking what to do for tea, shopping for food :sigh: I'm feeling really down this morning & I don't know if I've got it in me to try again :confused: I think what pushed me over yesterday was a trip to the doc's to get my health check results of blood tests, cholestoral etc. Even at the weight I am ( morbidly obese 2 I think ) I've only got a 2% chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years. My cholestoral has come down to 4.5 from 5.5 even though I'm 2 stones heavier :confused: & my good numbers are excellant apparentley! I know, I know I should build on that because it can & more than likely will get worse if I carry on getting fatter :eek:
Like I've said I'm unsure wether to try again though I've only had a Black coffee as I'm not in the slightest bit hungry after what I ate yesterday :eek: Hope everyone is is doing ok? Love to you all :lilkiss:
Jackie xx

Even at the weight I am ( morbidly obese 2 I think ) I've only got a 2% chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years.

Aw who are you kidding here??? ONLY a 2% chance of a heart attack in the next 10 years!

You do know that you are in a higher risk category for cancer, breast cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, dementia, etc all from being obese never mind morbidly obese???? You could wipe out your risk almost entirely of all of these things (even if they run in your family) by losing weight! Including the 2% chance of heart attack. So your kids that are young, would be far less likely to have to bury their mother prematurely (and anything under 90yrs is prematurely). Don't you agree that you would be able to be more involved and active with your kids if you were several stone lighter.

Just because you have been fortunate enough not to have done any long term damage YET doesn't mean you should hide behind that and justify packing in the diet. I would love to hear what your GP thinks of your logic!! I seriously never heard such bad reasons for trying to justify staying morbidly obese!

So you have had a bad day and a blip - maybe a big one but so WHAT! Get your butt back on the shakes, step away from the food and get on with it woman! Do it for yourself and your kids. Stop trying to justify your current weight in your head. It isn't good! It isn't a good place to be and you have been doing fab in taking control and doing something about it. Now get your butt back in gear and keep going!

As far as packed lunches go and dinners for kids go - single mammy to 3 here - Do a massive cooking day. Cook up big pots of spaghetti bolognaise, chicken caserole, shepherds pie, veg, and freeze them. Every night this week that you do a dinner make 3 times too much and freeze it. Then you won't have to cook for about 2 weeks. I try and do all my food handling at the one time, so I make lunches while sorting dinner and put them in the fridge.

My hard thing is cooking and not eating it so we are living out of my freezer for the first 2 weeks and then I should have a handle on the picking temptations.

I know I have been hard but you need to wake up and stop kidding yourself! You can do this. You have had great week one results and week 2 weigh in will be fab too. But you need to stop making excuses! Good luck!

hi sara hi jakie
you know what your so right sara and no i dont think your being harsh we all have issues with food at some time in our life but those with slower motabalisms need to realised that we cant get away with eating excessive and and not do anything about it come on jackie get back on it blips to me are not mistakes there just ways not to do something stop beating your self up and fix up hun xxx

Aw who are you kidding here??? ONLY a 2% chance of a heart attack in the next 10 years!

You do know that you are in a higher risk category for cancer, breast cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, dementia, etc all from being obese never mind morbidly obese???? You could wipe out your risk almost entirely of all of these things (even if they run in your family) by losing weight! Including the 2% chance of heart attack. So your kids that are young, would be far less likely to have to bury their mother prematurely (and anything under 90yrs is prematurely). Don't you agree that you would be able to be more involved and active with your kids if you were several stone lighter.

Just because you have been fortunate enough not to have done any long term damage YET doesn't mean you should hide behind that and justify packing in the diet. I would love to hear what your GP thinks of your logic!! I seriously never heard such bad reasons for trying to justify staying morbidly obese!

So you have had a bad day and a blip - maybe a big one but so WHAT! Get your butt back on the shakes, step away from the food and get on with it woman! Do it for yourself and your kids. Stop trying to justify your current weight in your head. It isn't good! It isn't a good place to be and you have been doing fab in taking control and doing something about it. Now get your butt back in gear and keep going!

As far as packed lunches go and dinners for kids go - single mammy to 3 here - Do a massive cooking day. Cook up big pots of spaghetti bolognaise, chicken caserole, shepherds pie, veg, and freeze them. Every night this week that you do a dinner make 3 times too much and freeze it. Then you won't have to cook for about 2 weeks. I try and do all my food handling at the one time, so I make lunches while sorting dinner and put them in the fridge.

My hard thing is cooking and not eating it so we are living out of my freezer for the first 2 weeks and then I should have a handle on the picking temptations.

I know I have been hard but you need to wake up and stop kidding yourself! You can do this. You have had great week one results and week 2 weigh in will be fab too. But you need to stop making excuses! Good luck!

Hi Sara. Yes, I can see your point of view but hang on, you make it sound so easy!!! I guess you following this diet means that you'd like to loose weight? Are you telling me that you've never ever tried to justify yourself before regarding your wiehgt loss? I do appreciate your input but I'm a little taken aback by your tone of voice (metiphoriclly (sp?) speaking.) I come on here for moral support don't not get shot down :( And I'm not making excuses at all, just strugling
Jackie xx

Jackie. You know you have to carry on. Ignore the statistics you had from the doc and look at the bigger picture.You know your weight is not healthy, you need to sort it out ,but you don't need me to tell you this.
This is it, our time to take control. We both lost an amazing 10lbs already,but you know its not enough. Get back on that horse right now........go on,go and make the shake. It was only one day sweetheart,dont let it mess up the whole plan,if you put it behind you,you will still have a good loss this week
Sara is only trying to help hun,I know its hard to take but if one of your children had done something on purpose that was harmful to them e.g smoking,drugs, alcohol would you just hug them and say 'it will be ok' I'm sure you wouldn't,because you CARE.
When I fall down,I hope someone like Sara is there to give it to me straight :)

Sending you lots of hugs :hug99:and positive thoughts:cross:

Hi Jackie

I am the queen of excuses! And the queen of justifying why I comfort eat! But you have been doing so well and now your using the reason to yourself that you ONLY have 2% risk of a heart attack in the next 10 years to stop TFR! You said what pushed you over the edge was your good results with doctor and your ONLY 2% risk. But you are being completely naieve here. I am trying to show you that you are falling into your sabotauge (sp) reflex - the same one I have!

You get so far and then sabotauge yourself. You need to break the cycle. I am not saying the diet is easy!! God knows its not. And we all have bad days and weak moments and breaking TFR for a day is no reason to give up. Get back on the wagon.

My post says some home truths - yes but it is supportive!

I lose the weight every year or so and then PILE it all back on. So I don't have all the answers but I do see that I sabotague myself and no one else does it for me. The first step to breaking this cycle is recognising that I do it!! I also allow others to sabotague me (my mother with snide weight comments that drive me straight back to food for example). Although I recognise when I am comfort eating and know it is not the answer - I still do it!!

You are talking yourself out of the diet. Why? Why are good cholesterol results any reason to stop dieting?? Is it that now your cholesterol is improved that there is no reason or point in losing the weight?? What about all the other health complications? Lack of energy? Feeling down about your appearance? Self esteem? Perhaps not all of these are issues for you but they are for most people on here.

I just think you are kidding yourself if you don't recognise what you are allowing yourself to do to YOU!

Like I said before, get back on the wagon and keep going. You have been doing great up till now. Good luck.

Hey every one please please please can u support bevan she needs some serious support and some major home truth I agree a blip is just a blip get up and carry on doing this for our selves not anyone else!! Xxx chin up jackie tomorrow is a new day

Hope you have made it thro today squindles Let us know how you are getting on. It's such a hard diet but oh so worth it. Keep going lovely and we will reach our goals xx

Back