Day 14 today...

kalo24889

Hey everyone!

I've got my 2nd weigh in 1st thing tomorrow morning & I'm a little worried this week because I don't feel like I've lost anything?

When I went for my weigh in last monday I asked to try the flapjacks just to suffice me of eating something & she said she didn't stock them because people ask for them then don't like them & they go out of date really quick, so she gave me 7 maintanence bars instead & told me to try them (they are actually really nice) I've had 2 shakes & 1 maintenance bar a day & really don't feel any different - has/is anyone else in the same boat? or do any of yo know anything about these maintenance bars?

I'm really eager to get down to 9st 6lb, as soon as 'cos I want to get that little bit of variety of food back into my life!

I also have alot of people telling me that I am stupid being on this diet, it will make me ill, but I do just laugh it off, although Thursday night I actually vom'd? :sigh:

Apart from making me a little weaker and sometimes briefly light headed (if I get up too fast) I can honestly say the diet hasnt made me ill in over ten weeks. I did have a 'gag' week about 3 weeks in where I struggled to drink the shakes because they repulsed me but I managed to get them down and I was never sick. I wouldn't worry about your weigh-in results until you get on the scales - you may be pleasantly suprised.

As for the maintenance bars I have no experience of them but I would have thought that you shouldn't have been eating those on the TFR part of the diet. I was under the impression that the shakes, soup and flapjacks were the only items designed to support our needs during the weight loss period. The maintenence food is different to that. I'm sure others on the forum will put both you and me straight on this.

Just to add - I had 1 flapjack and only managed 2 little mouthfuls - I thought they were disgusting but hey, each to their own. :)

The maintenance bars aren't meant to be eaten with the TFR until you're refeeding!
I'd contact LT and complain if I were you!

The maintenance bars taste ok but are higher calorie than the flapjacks. Not sure if they'll keep you in ketosis or not.

The chemist I go to don't stock them either for the same reason so I ordered them and should be getting them Monday. I am going to toast them but cardboard is cardboard is cardboard ha ha. I like themcos it takes meant an hour to eat and I drink more with them. I think peanut is better than coconut. Coconut is a bit naff

Even if the bars are carb loaded you will still have been having very few calories so whilst you may have come out of ketosis but would have been very low calorie and will probably have lost weight that way.

Hi all thanks for your replys! I've just got back from the chemist. Told her I was sick on Thursday & explained I had no bug etc, she said I looked 'ill', I took it lightly though as I feel fine. Little weight loss again, with no hiccups this week either! She's not happy with the little weight loss & has said that somethings not working right, so has suggested I now try 2 shakes a day & a meal.

I have a choice of;
Lean: chicken, tuna & salmon - without breadcrumbs/batter etc.
Spices: chilli, curry powder, paprika, etc.
Herbs: any.
Balsamic vinigar, worster sauce, soya sauce.
Veg: green in colour + cauli, mushrooms, beansprouts, waterchestnuts.
Salad: green.
No more then 250ml skimmed milk - yay white T's back! :p

Not aloud to have:
Pasta, rice, potatos, bread, fruit, fruit juice, pop, etc. cakes, sweet stuff, etc.

Well I hope the new plan works, let us all know how you get on!

Back