Day 15...22lb lost so far!!!

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Hello all...

Well I was previously a WeMITTer some 4 1/2 years ago. All the way back then I lost 5 stone on Cambridge Diet, however I needed to lose about 12 stone. However 3 months in to my journey, my world fell apart with my mum being diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. The next few years were a bit messy, mum died Sept 2010, and it took a good couple of years after her death for me to be back in a position to finally do something about my weight. Needless to stay I have regained every ounce I lost plus a good stone more.

Anyway, so here I am again...

Currently weighing in about 25 stone. Most I have ever weighed :mad: Want to get 11 or 12 stone off eventually. But right now I would be happy just to get a few stone off and keep it off!!!!

I am off on holiday with my 5 year old and our friends in August. My friend Suze is a size 6/8 and I am currently a size 24/26. I do NOT want to be sitting anywhere near her in a swimsuit at this kind of size!!!! I will never be a size 8. I doubt I will ever get as low as a size 12, but I am going to give it a good try!!!! I NEED to be significantly smaller than I am right now. I also do not want to have to have an extension to my seat belt on the plane :(

CD worked for me before, but the fact I can't SS on it with such a high BMI anymore, I am going down the Slim and Save route. Sample pack just arrived...eeek! I know that TFR works for me. Yes I have regained all the weight I lost before, but it took me 2 years to regain all that weight, and I ate dreadfully through that whole period!!!! I kept most of the weight off for the first year with very little effort.

So that's it really. If I can get through the first week, I will be ok...

Last edited:
Welcome back, sorry you had such a hard time and I am so sorry for your loss. I think for many of us the mental health aspect plays a part in it too. Good luck with your diet because of the type of cancer I have there is lots of diets I am not allowed to do Cambridge being one so I totally get all about finding what is right for you. First few weeks is hard as your body mentally and physically adjusts but you have made the choice to do it and that is never easy. So just keep at it and let those little losses add up. I found the first weigh in really hard as I knew I was really big but had been too scared to get on the scales so getting through that and committing to losing is never easy. So good luck and hopefully you can get into a good place for your journey.

very sorry for your loss! i lost my mum too and even though time does help, you never get over a thing like that!

saying that tho...good luck on your journey! heres to a good 2013 :)

Thanks. I am in a much better place than I have been, which is why I feel ready to do this!

That's great! All the best :)

Good luck everyone, you can do it! Mind over matter and all that :)

Well. it's day 6 - already!!!! Happy Happy Caz. Keeping myself busy and topped up with water. Writing my blog, playing wii with my daughter, off to my dads later for coffee, which will be fine as he is very supportive of the diet :) I haven't weighed in at all yet - official weigh in is on Monday.

Looked back at my blog from last time, and discovered that last time I lost 36lb in the first 30 days!!!! And I know I wasn't 100% later in that month. Hoping I can replicate or even better that success this time (and more to the point, stick it out for much longer!

Day 7 and all is fab!!! Feel the best today that I have in what feels like ages!!! Been for a mice walk and now at soft play. Then a wall to town then back home. Total distance, 2 miles or there abouts!

Day 7 and all is fab!!! Feel the best today that I have in what feels like ages!!! Been for a mice walk and now at soft play. Then a wall to town then back home. Total distance, 2 miles or there abouts!

Well done. Sounds like its going really well. Im cal counting and really struggling. Have a massive urge to pig out!

First weigh in this evening... and I lost 16lb this week!!!!!!!

Wow that's amazing!! Well done!

Well come back....Sorry to hear about your loss hun..... Wowsers a 16lb loss in your 1st week is amazing, you must be over the moon...well done hun xxxx

Wow 16lbs is fantastic hun. I've my first WW meeting tonight and it'll be the first time in 4yrs i weigh myself. Been so nervous all day but hearing about your great progress has perked me up. Congratulations and keep up the good work xXx

Massive well done to you! x

Well it's the end of day 13! Still 100% sticking to Cambridge - only ever made it this far once before!!! Bought myself a present to celebrate my weightloss so far... a BELT!!!! :)

Hello,

Just read you original post and found myself nodding along.
Ive done Cambridge/LL/Slim World/WW and lost some n then put it on now im restarting tomorrow and im trying slimfast. Im obviously not gonna loose as much as doing cambridge or LL but I hope by having the one meal a day will help and make me feel like im not on a diet so much!
So heres to tomorrow and the next prob year or so..... ive got a good 10stone to shift

Day 15 - 6lb lost this week...total 22lb in 2 weeks. Woooooooooooo!

Back