DAY 2 and it has begun!!!

GetSetGo

Your all going to think I am completely mad but I tested last night for Ketosis before I went to bed. I thought I was raving mad too.

But I got a very very pale pink tinge, so this morning repeated it and got the same.

This afternoon I have done another one and got a very dark pink colour so I guess even though it's been a little over 24 hours on VLCD, Ketosis has begun!

Feel bloody dreadful today too :(

Yay, good news! Not on the feeling dreadful bit of course but the getting into ketosis :). I did warn you about day 2 .....

Take care Hun! A nice warm bath could do the trick....

Wish I could have a nice warm bath but the bath in our flat in covered in hair dye (not mine), not sure when the cleaners are next in and don't have any cleaning products :( I don't even like baths either I just know they'd help with my cramps.

brilliant hun, i used to check to see if i was in ketosis sooooo many times a day just to reassure me it was working but in the end because i was drinking so much water a day the strip wasnt that pink and i kept getting a bit dis heartened thinking i was doing something wrong when i knew i wasnt so didnt bother buying them again, i can tell now though when im in ketosis as i can easily spread out the shakes through the day whereas before i was starving inbetween lol xxx

Bairdypants if you take a look at a thread called "Ketostix" on the Slim and Save Forum it should answer alot of your questions :)

It's a fab thread...had a few reads already...good luck!

Bairdypants if you're following a VLCD then getting into ketosis is a good thing as it means that you have used up your glycogen stores (carbohydrates keep glycogen stores topped up). When looking for fuel your body will use its glycogen stores initially but if it doesn't have any it will start to burn fat instead. When you cut down on carbs (as per a VLCD) your glycogen stores can't refill so your body burns fat instead. The byproduct of this process is in the form of ketones that are removed from your body via urine. Hence everyone here wanting to be in ketosis to show that they're burning fat. The other benefit of ketosis is that it acts as a natural hunger suppressant and as everyone on a VLCD is on a very low level of calories anything that suppresses hunger is a good thing which is why we can't wait to reach ketosis :). It's also why, when on a VLCD, cheating by consuming carbs is an absolute no no as it kicks you out of ketosis and not only does the fat burning process slow down you start feeling hungry again too which is not good! Hope this helps.

Back