Day 2 and lost : (

Kellybelly123

Hi Everyone,

Im soo lost right now, i have had a really bad day, first of all i failed my theory test , had such a migraine and ended up snacking really bad ,
Im not sure what to do as this was only my second day, part of me is thinking get over it and dont worry , dont do it again and continue tomorrow and the other part of me is thinking maybe i should move to maintence instead of total food replacements, my pharmacy did say as i only have 2-3 stone to loose i could try maintence however i went for total food replacements now im unsure,this really is all or nothing to me

I need to get this weight off fast, and feel really emotional i snacked today i was down in the dumps i couldnt help it, i was soo hungry also i feel like a failure right now and no one round me understands ,

I think im going to just go for it again tomorrow and im home all weekend so i can rest when im feeling low ect and hope by monday im in ketosis..

And think of the last 2 days of a testing the lipotrim period lol if that makes sense, im soo worried incase i slip up again ,
does the hunger go in week 2?

Your comments will be much appreciated.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,
This diet is a toughy hun, but the results are so worth it. Yes it is an all or nothing diet and once you get past the first few days you will feel better. Your hunger should be suppressed and the headaches and general feeling of crappyness should get better. There will always be obstacles in our way, whether that's family issues, driving tests, bad days at work and many more. You have to be up for this and we can all help you on your way, but ultimately hun it's only you that knows if this is right for you. I really hope you can crack on tomorrow and before you know it you will be back to the chemist for your weigh in. Good luck :D

Diets are all about will power. The TFR gets weight off quickly and doesn't allow for deviation and guess work which is why it suits some people. Other diets (and I consider the maintenance in this) can take a lot longer and give you scope to choose what you eat as part of it. If you're not determined and focussed then these other diets can slip quite easily.

You need to try and decide what diet suits you best however, it is impossible for others to say. I would suggest that if you could only last two days before you gave in on TFR then you wouldn't stand much more chance with going the maintenance route either.

You need to get your head right first. Ask yourself why you want to diet and how much. Going at these things half-hearted will result in you being miserable and ending up back where you started.

I hope you can give it another whirl because the results do speak for themselves but you have to give it a chance. Things do settle down and get easier but you have to get through a difficult first week or so. If you do have another blast at it then there will be more than enough information, advice and support on these forums to help you on your way.

Make some goals, ask yourself why you want to diet, how long you think it could take, what other things you could do to occupy yourself, etc. If you started again now and stuck to it 100% then you really would notice the difference by the time you had your theory re-test. Passing that and being lighter would be a day in total contrast to this one. Is that not the sort of thing that could spur you on?

I hope that you can sort something out but unfortunately no-one else can diet for you and it's down to you to grit you teeth for a while until it becomes routine.

Good luck on whatever you decide you want to do. :)

Thank you for your comments, i didnt mean to come across if my head was not in the right place trust me it is , just was a massive shock to the system yesterday ,
And i know im going to have work ,life, problems ect on this diet and that should not affect me , im also dealing with the flu and would of been a better option to start the diet once i was over the flu but thats to late now however im feeling much better today and this means so much to me , so im going to give it another go and not to worry about the future or how long im going to be on this diet ect just take each day as it comes,
i got scared yesterday as i was very dizzy i think due to using up a lot of energy and i just hope the headaches and dizzy feelings go in week 2 ,

According to my pharmacist they do but he has never been on it, he also told me ketosis comes in day 3 but according to people who have done this diet it ketosis does not kick in till day 4/5, so i thought asking people who have been there and know what week 2 holds as i like to be prepared.

Thank you again

Dig Deep Kelly It will get better, the first week is not nice huni, but if you get past it you will be so pleased you didnt give up x:)

I totally agree with everything thats been said so far. In my experience the hardest thing to battle is your brainwhen itsntrying to tell you you'rw hungry, especially in the first few days when you genuinly will be (or at least for me, i was hungry that first 3-4 days) but past that poimt you stop beimg hungry. The headaches, i hear are awful, but luckily they've never really hit me, but then ive never really had them generally.
Im sorry about your theory, that sucks and i know what ita like to want to dive into a self-indulgent hole; i think we all do, but Kay is right, this diet is all or nothing and one of the good things about this diet is not only how quickly the weight comes off (because my fod it does!) but also because it really helps us put our cravings into perspective and gives us self-discipline, which in itself is worth its weight in gold. Hard times come and go, but you'll feel so much stronger every time you say 'no'. Also, and i cant stress this enough because i know right now it may seem a million miles away, the feeling you get after weigh in is amazing. Suddenly you look at yourself in the mirror and see the pay off and suddenly it doesnt seem so hard. I imagime this will be double for you as you're alot closer to your goal weight that someone like me who has over 10st total to lose, so you ,ight see the results more dramaticLly more quickly, whereas i only see contours beginning where there were none before.
Dont look at it like a mountain to climb, try and look at it like a road to walk down and you can see the horizon in front of you and you just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
I like to think of the shakes as medicine, with every gulp you're melting at and getting that much closer to your goal.

You can do this, and we're all here to cheer you on.

Sorry for spelling btw, typing from my ipad and it doesnt seem to know what im trying to write! Gah!

Thank you so much akri this really picked me up ,

I went back to the pharmacy today and he tested my urine and said i was border line ketosis and should be fully ketosis tomorrow, however im not to sure as i had the snack last night and i really thought i would be back to square one but according to him im not which is brilliant news, he said everyones body is differnt some go into ketosis quicker than others, i really hope he is right, im finding the water difficult 2 litres a day but im getting there.

I get weight checked monday and not expecting a huge loss after yesterday, but feeling so much better today.

also thank you daisy and everyone else xx:)

Im confused. Day six and headaches are worse than ever ive had my three shakes but less than 2 litres of water and honestly think im going to get sick if i drink anymore today. Just having a hard day. Thinking i should just go to bed and forget about the other litre of water for today. Am i wrong to do this?

Headaches are usually caused by dehydration so you really need to drink your water, under 2 liters is nowhere near enough, should be closer to 4 : / Personally I'm thirsty all the time so I've no problem drinking enough, but I find it easier to have a litre bottle on me at all times and drink it slowly and steadily.

2 litres is the minimum so if you've done that much you should be okay, try keeping water beside your bed in case you wake up thirsty though :)

firstly, well done for having the balls to start the diet in the first place - its hard core!

secondly, most people fail their theory first time round, mark it down to experience, you know what to expect for next time and you wont have just started a new hardcore diet by the, so you stand a much better chance of passing. dont put yourself down!

thirdly, stick with it, it works, if u feel the need to snack GET AWAY FROM HE KITCHEN!! go for a drive, a walk, a coffee at a friends house, anything to get u away from ur own kitchen and food!!

ive only been doing it for 5 days but have already seen brilliant results - thats the motivation to keep u on track - so go for it - you can do it and we're all here to help you on the journey :)

Jo Mummy Holloway said:
firstly, well done for having the balls to start the diet in the first place - its hard core!

secondly, most people fail their theory first time round, mark it down to experience, you know what to expect for next time and you wont have just started a new hardcore diet by the, so you stand a much better chance of passing. dont put yourself down!

thirdly, stick with it, it works, if u feel the need to snack GET AWAY FROM HE KITCHEN!! go for a drive, a walk, a coffee at a friends house, anything to get u away from ur own kitchen and food!!

ive only been doing it for 5 days but have already seen brilliant results - thats the motivation to keep u on track - so go for it - you can do it and we're all here to help you on the journey :)

Thanks jo your words are very supportive . X

I can totally sympathise with you. I had migraines as well on my first few days. Paracetemol didn't touch it and never does. I am now in week two and feel fab. It's really been easy the last few days. I've had moments of weakness and hunger but they soon go and now I'm so pleased I stuck it out. You can do it. If I can, anyone can :)

Edited: already posted on another thread to you...

Last edited:
Back