day 2 cambridge diet - 3lb weight gain?!

puddingtoast

:sigh:
help :( haven't cheated, had 2.5L water, stuck to the shakes...yet i've gained over 3lbs since starting yesterday morning.

has this happened to anyone else?

Yup! Its just your body adjusting to water and hanging on to things in shock! lol

Stay away from the scales - easier said than done I know - and trust the diet honey - it does work! !

hi just started today, soup very sweet. hope i can stick to this....... its my last shot at losing weight. x

thanks eclipse (i just actually saw eclipse last night, if that's what you're name refers to?! mmm RPatz) I was so upset when I woke up on Day 2 and my wedding ring felt tight and my tummy felt bloated. I will try and stay off the scales until next tues when my cdc comes round to weigh me.

JLF keep positive! My mantra is to 'get in control'. The diet is just the beginning; i'm trying to re-program my palate to like healthier food, and get my brain and my stomach to talk, because prior i just let my head do all the emotional eating without listening to my tummy.

It's been really good taking a break from food to think about my relationship with it. I love not being hungry; i made my husband 3 meals last night (to last the rest of the week and lunches) and i honestly can say i was not tempted. Bizzare - last week i couldn't keep out of the fridge.

Right, on with Day 3 - bring on the cotton mouth :p

Last edited:
Well done on day three honey.

I am Eclipse because the first time I ever came online was in the year of the Eclipse which was supposedly best seen from Cornwall - where I live lol x

hey pudding!

don't stress over it, like the other girls said your body is just adjusting, leave it to your weekly weigh ins its much better that way. my CD counsellor is on holiday so when i next see her on the25th i wont of seen her for 3 weeks and im not weighing myself until she sees me, ditto with inch loss as i want that surprise. its keeping me motivated!

i know what you mean about cooking, for some reason ive been wanting to cook all the time for my fiance, making him steak and chips, or fry ups. and baking cakes for him seems that being around food makes me not want it if thats possible lol. whats your start weight hunni?

x

Hi Jackie,
Weird wanting to cook eh? I find it oddly theraputic! My start weight was 178lbs (12s10) - want to get back to my wedding weight of 135lbs (9s7) which i maintained without much problem 5 years ago. Ah youth - wasted on the young; Think i'll have to work a bit harder this time round!

I had a 3lbs loss at my weigh in, which fatboyslimmin pointed out is a 6lbs net loss if you count the 3lbs i gained :)

I kept all my skinny clothes as i couldn't bare to throw them away, so can't wait to fit into my old wardrobe. I have so many lovely coats and dresses! (what a saddo i am!)

Well done on your 3lbs loss pudding. It's a good start. :)

Back