Day 2,going well!!

mommyB

love it
Just want to know if i'm doing this right.

milk for use throughout the day-hxa

B-2 weetabix -hxB

L-small portion pasta, mushrooms, can on princes Ratatoulle (2 syns) 28g grated cheddar (hxa) mullerlite yog

Am planning to have asda chickpea dhal and rice for tea, but since will be eating late when hubby gets home was thinking of hardboiled egg and a small salad to tide me over with a slice of wholemeal bread for my 2nd HxB.

Have also only used 2 syns so far so may have strawberries and a small portion icecream for afters tonight.

How does that all sound??

That's the joy of SW!

For breakfast today I had bacon, beans, eggs, fried potato, mushroom and tomatoes, felt like a real blow out, but was all free!

You just need to make sure you eat the right thing and your plan looks yummy!

thanks i may try an extra easy day tomorrow.
Am going to be away for the weekend so will follow the plan as much as i can but realise my 1st weeks loss may not be brilliant, but i think if i put it off til after the weekend i may never start!!

The meal plan looks good hun, but you need to eat more syns..try and have at least 5 a day.
The reason for this is that when you reach your target you have to reduce your syns, but if you're not using them to begin with, you dont have anything to reduce. HTH?!
Good luck with the week....dont ever think its too much food either, the idea is that you are NEVER hungry!

xxx

Thanks for that, tbh was trying to use as few syns as possible next couple days cos of going away at the weekend-trying to balance things out a bit. Am going to Whitby and i MUST have fish and chips there!! Then next week i will get properly organised, if you know what i mean.
Can you just remind me how flexi days work -if indeed they still exist

seems like not enough food to me! You can eat pasta til you're full, mushrooms contain something silly like 13 cals per 100g, so have loooads of them. And why waste 2 syns on ratattouie when you can par boil a bunch of veggies and pour passata over them?

And if you're waiting ages for hubby you could have 2 hard boiled eggs, a slice of toast AND a banana if you wanted!

But yes, you're doing it right and if that fills you up then more power to you! :D

I agree that you need to be having more fruit and vegetables.

As an aside you don't reduce your syns when you get to target - you are still allowed between 5 and 15 syns each day. But if you plateau during your weight loss journey cutting back on the number you have can be one way of kick-starting your weight loss again.

Looks good, but agree increase fruit and veg and eat as much free food as you can . Use all you syns, note your going away for weekend so assume saving some up for that which is excellent forward planning. Fish at the seaside is free if you take the batter off and mushy peas are free too, so if you have a side order of those you may not eat ALL the chips lol. Good luck xx

May go mad and have an apple with my snack !! yes i amm trying to save syns for the weekend, realsie i couldve just waited and started next week but it was a case of now or never!!
Also dont want to buy too much fruit and veg to leave it here to rot over the weekend-next week i will be properly organised -then watch me go!!

So i had a fired egg on toast (no spread) and an apple. so have so far used 2.5 sins , will use another 1.5 for half pack tilda rice with my tea and .5 for some squirty cream on my strawberries, sp total syns for the day so far 4.5. i cna beleive thast all i've used and i feel like i've eaten loads. Think once i get my around it this could be the diet for me!!

May go mad and have an apple with my snack !! yes i amm trying to save syns for the weekend, realsie i couldve just waited and started next week but it was a case of now or never!!
Also dont want to buy too much fruit and veg to leave it here to rot over the weekend-next week i will be properly organised -then watch me go!!

Ahh, but if you can get to a Lakeland Ltd shop, & buy some of their "Stayfresh" bags, your fruit & veg stay fresh for up to 6 weeks! They are just brilliant!

well I am so pleased with how yesterday went that i am back for more!! scales showing a downward shift from earlier in the week but official wi is tomorrow, hoping for an overall sts as been very naughty earlier in week!!.

Todays menu is (doing EE)

B-poached egg, 2 quorn sausages,2 turkey rashers,mushrooms, tomato ketchup (1 syn)
L salmon fillet, tinned potaotes,salad
D chicken,couscous and veg.

milk for the day as HXA, so i need to fit on HXB and some more syns but havent included any snack or puds yet so will cover that ok.

I know its only been one day but so far i am reaaly enjoying it

If you're enjoying what you're eating that's half the battle in my opinion. You're much more likely to stick with it.

Sometimes it's just the challenge of getting your head round something new that gets you into gear and losing great.

Good luck for your WI and I hope you stick with us :D

Back