day 2 need some help......

tsweety81

hi all im only on day two i was originally doing a vlcd only a cpl of days before but decided that mayb atkins was better as it is a way to eat forever and i may lose weight quickly on the vlcd but put it back on plus more after.i would just like to know how you keep track of how many net carbs you are eating do you write down each thing you each.also where is a good place that i can actually find out the net carbs of veg and salad.i dnt have an iphone or android mob so cant use most apps.im worried that i wont b eating enuf carbs or too many. this is what i had yesterday 2 eggs for breakfast,lunch was tin of tuna tbsp mayo about 75g cabbage and 10g cheese and 25g cucumber,then for dinner 1.5 chicken breast with spices about 20g cabbage 50g mushrooms and 60g cheese.does that sound ok????

any help would be great.....esp ideas for breakfast....iam still in induction so wud love some ideas suitable for this phase.

lastly i brought the kindle addition of the older atkins book i think from last year as apposed to the new you one does anyone else use this or should i use the new you one?

cheers xxxx

Welcome Tracy!

A lot of people use My Fitness Pal to record their carbs, protein and fat levels - but you have to watch the amounts and double check them because they are inputted by other people (iyswim) and not always right.

The book you have is fine - the new one allows for a wider range of veg, I think. Have a really good read through the stickies at the top, in particular Jim's "So you're thinking of starting Atkins" (as a man who has lost 11 stone plus, he knows what he's talking about) and check out the low carb shopping list too.

Do my fitness pal on line but I started out with my Atkins books and a wee notepad to start out with.

Back