Day 2 not as good as Day 1!... Encouragement needed plz

happyland

Hello all... Well day 1 was a breeze.. Felt totally fine and was really positive this morning..

However I have not had such a good day today.

Had my 1st shake which was actually quite yummy ( I didnt think I was going to like the sweet ones) Then I had to go to Asda with the kids and it was a nightmare! All I could smell was food and I had to buy loads of the stuff too for hubby and kids. I did however buy as much as I could so I wouldnt have to keep going back this week! The smell of the fresh bread and cooked chickens was devastating... I think I could even smell the choccie biscuits!

Then the kids started playing up and I ended up totally raging at my daughter. Then it dawned on me that I had forgotten to put my nicotine patch on this morning!! :mad:

I went to my mums where my sister was making spag bol for tonight.. I could have rammed even the raw garlic in my mouth! I've had to come home now and I am in a foul mood and have the worst headache and I can't stop thinking about all the delicious things I would have if I wasn't on this stupid diet!

Please someone tell me this gets easier?? :sigh:

It definitely does .... but unfortunately the first week is the worst! Once you are in Ketosis you'll have foul-smelling breath, but you won't feel hungry and, if you are anything like me, much more energy.

Keep up the good work. Once you start seeing the results, you will definitely be able to stay on track.

Good luck.

It does get easier and I know what you mean about the bread and chicken being cooked at the supermarket (still gets me ocationally even now).
You just have to remember it's just a craving and you are in control of them and not the other way around! I hear it takes 21 days to program your brain to let go of the cravings (kind of like a habit) so stick with it it'll be worth it in the long run.
What do you want more, bread, chicken or spag bol now, or to be skinny in a few months time and be able to eat these nice things again (although in moderation, of course!)? :rolleyes:

:hug99:STOP STOP STOP!!! :wave_cry:

It does get sooo much easier I promise. You need to hang in there until ketosis kicks in and you will feel sooooo much better :D.

The first few days are tough because drinking CD packs is so far away from your 'normal' eating habits. It's only normal to feel hungry, frustrated and fed up the first few days but it does pass, honestly. Try splitting your packs and having 6 smaller meals instead of 3 big ones and make sure you are drinking plenty of water.

I get through the first few days by focusing on all the reasons I have decided to do CD. Look at the short and long term reasons you are on CD - what do you ultimately want to achieve and why?? On no other diet do you get the rapid results and you'll be so proud of yourself in the coming weeks when you have stuck to it and dropped lots of lbs.

I would take some time out for yourself, perhaps a hot bath and a good book for a while, regather your thoughts and attack this thing head on. It's only food and there'll still be plenty of it when you are at goal.

C'mon girl, get your head back to all the reasons you are here doing CD and you'll be in ketosis and breezing along ;)

Chin up xxx

Seriously it does get easier!
I am a COMPLETE foodie! LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEE my food....also binge on naughty foods and im half way through my 4th week!
Supermarkets are horrendous but seroiusly once you make it through each day and you get in bed you feel so proud and you see the results so quickly its really motivating!!
Its just getting into ketosis that makes you feel pants- once your in it it does get easier!
Goodluck and dont cave in now!!!xxx

it will geteasier,i was like this,when you fill like this drink some more water and make your self all full up

it gets easier trust me..coming from a total food addict here. I used to eat and eat and eat. Come on you can do this :)

it definately gets easier as the days go on.
at the beginning i weighed myself every day (yes, weight often comes off from one day to another) and seeing that motivated me in an unbelievable way.
also, if u caved right now how would u feel when u go to bed tonight? not so good huh.
get through today and make a note of how u feel as u get into bed tonight.... u will feel so proud that u got through the day.
if ur anything like me ur food issues have controlled u for some time now.
now is the time to turn the tables. now its time for YOU to control ur food issues.
u CAN do it. try and u WILL do it.
cherylxx:)

Aww.. thanks everyone. I do feel a bit better now. I think my mood had a lot to do with me forgetting my nicotine patch actually as I have it on now and although I do still have a vvery sore head, I am in a better mood now.

I'll go and get another pint of water and look forward to my soup tonight. Any recommendations? So far I had the veg and liked it!

i recommend the leek and potato if u like an oniony taste.
i miss onions and that soup gave me what i needed. very tasty.
the oriental chilli was a strange one.
smelt vile but wasnt bad tasting.
cherylxx

Well I've just had my soup and another pint of water and I do feel better! Still got a stonker of a headache but I've taken paracetamol..

Now I've just got the evening to get through... Hubby is working and normally once I get the kids to bed I have a Friday night feast with wine etc!

Giving up smoking and on a strict diet? That's hardcore!

I know... No food, no fags, no caffiene, no wine... :cry:

However, I think it I need to try and do it all at once.. Otherwise, once I have sorted out my food addiction, I would still have another big one to conquer and end up eating more to replace the nicotine cravings!

Normally, if I'm on a diet, I smoke more and if I try to stop smoking, I eat more so I'm miserable both ways. So hopefully, I can do it all on a oney and be slimmer and healthier in a shorter period of time... :D

I'll probably be spotted next week lying in Burger Kings doorway covered in burger with a bottle of wine and a fag in my hand mumbling "bu***r the cambridge diet!)

I'm planning on quitting once i sort out my weight. The reason I'm waiting is so I can stock up on fruit and veg and eat those when I get nicotine cravings.
You'll be okay! You've obviously got willpower of steel!

Try the leek and potato its yum, also the oriental chilli is good. Put some pepper in the soups its nice.

HEY HUN ,:wave_cry:

PLEASE DONT LOSE HEART BELIEVE ME IM IN MY 10TH DAY AND IT DOES GET EASIER ONCE UR IN KETOSIS, I JUST TELL MYSELF ITS IN MY HEAD AS MY STOMACH DONT NEED OR WANT ANYTHING ELSE , KEEP UR CHIN UP AND NEXT TIME U GO TO ASDA TAKE BOTTLE OF WATER WITH U AND WHEN THAT CRAVING COMES TAKE A DRINK IT DOES HELP I CALL MY WATER BOTTLE MY SECURITY BLANKET LOL
GOODLUCK HUN

XXPAMXX:)

I think I've got my cd head on now! Thanks to everyone for replies.

I've had a look at swimsuits again so I am focused on my holiday again...

I CAN do it. I Can do it.....

thats it ahppy just think of the holiday and the swimsuits thats all ive been thinking that this year i want need to squeeze into seat on plane and also can i say it put the tray the down hehehehehe lol :party0011:

Back