day 2

hiya

you are totally right. there's no way i can put on a stone in a few days if i go off plan whilst i'm away. it'll be water retention. i've had a talk with hubby tonight and he said that he doesn't want my diet to dominate our holiday as it could be the only one we get this year cause he'll probably be working hard for the rest of it and it's not like it's 2 weeks away - it's just 4 days. he also said that 90% of what i talk about is my weight, my diet and my exercise and that i'm getting obsessed about it all. he said i wasn't this bad last time round and when we did go away in the august i did have a break and eat chips and chinese etc and drink a few glasses of wine.

all i can think of is my diet and it is getting a bit obsessive but i just want my last bit off and then probably more. he did say that when i up my training and exercise when i get back then he recons the weight will fall off me.

the big problem i have is that if i came home i would just pop down a plan or 2 for a week and then go up again but i've a root canal treatment booked for the 11th may and i need to be on the 1200 plan for that - KD said it was the lowest plan for these things. then i need to be on it for a further 2 weeks after that for healing process etc. so i can't go down. i have to stay up and then go up again. mind i suppose if nothing's happening after the 2 weeks is up i might go down for a week then and give me a massive boost for a week.

agh! it's so hard. however, i think that i'm destined to take the wed to sat off my diet. i'm thinking that there's no way i can possibly stick to it rigidly. we'll be eating in the airport on the way there and then when we get there. same on the way home. so no doubt it'll be hard to get something like a decent salad at the airport. i'm going to try hard to keep my snacking etc down and to keep my water intake up.

i'm so desperate to stay thin and not to ever get fat again. both my parents are diabetic and my mum's had several strokes, plus now her leg circulation problems and my dad's had a heart attack, erratic pulse, and other problems. they're both on a massive amount of pills and i just don't want that to end up being me. my mum's gotten really grumpy over the years due to the in-ability to do things that other oldies can do. she finds loosing weight hard and it affects her blood sugar levels massively. she's trying to do the ducan diet but her blood sugar levels keep dropping to 2 or 2.5 and then she has to have something to help her raise it. she's also on the fat pills that take the fat away from her foods and this lowers her blood sugar too.

my plan in the long run is to keep my weight down, keep exercising and keep running to be healthy and fit.

quick...

3.5lbs off on the 1000 plan :D

whoop whoop, big well done :D:talk017::talk017:

all that worrying for nothing. You can go away now and just get on with enjoying yourself.

Have a super duper time xx

Hiya

I know you are away on hols and I hope you're having a great time and not worrying about good old CD :D

Just wanted to post that I have reached my goal today - 3.75lbs off this week, despite my extravagances at the weekend......

catch up again when you're back, be good to hear how you've coped xx

wow you're at goal.... are you going lower or are you done and moving up now?

i put on 6lbs, most of which i'm hoping is water retention. :):(:):(

p.s.... my weigh in tomorrow. :eek:

well weigh in today showed a 4lbs gain. not too bad i suppose but i've another 'event' this weekend. then my root treatment aka root canal. so i'm not holding out much hope for a happy weigh in next week either. CDC knows about it. so keeping to the 1000 then after my root canal i'm hoping back on the 810 plan for a week to get my head back in the game then see how i feel.

she said that i should be ok on the 1000 then dropping straight back to the 810 cause i'm getting sedated for a big filling really. they'll drill down and take out my root from my tooth then pack it, then 2 weeks later take out the packing and fill it. no blood, no cutting etc no healing to do. just a gigantic filling. they could do it without sedation and just numb the area but last time i had this for my fillings at my own dentist it hurt like hell and i need loads of injections then i ended up looking like a flippen hamster for 3 days and i hurt badly i had to take pain killers then i got a throat infection with pus and ended up on antibiotics.

anyway the long and short of it is i can do the 1000 til i've had my drill and fill then 810 afterwards which is a godsend cause this weekend is hubby's works 'christmas' do in blackpool. the pleasure beach for rides then out for a few stiff drinks and an indian. no chance of being good at the indian cause i don't eat meat and i hate prawns etc.

p.s i'm not changing my ticker.... just want to remind myself of how well i was doing and the fact that i'll be back at it soon.

Hiya

been away this week up at my mums, trying to be good :confused:, hence no contact.... anyway, hope you're not being too hard on yourself. Remember you did decide to go away and enjoy yourself and the 4lbs will defo only be water and shifted in no time...chin up :D

and enjoy your blackpool weekend too, I would!

1.5 off this week, pleased am still losing now I'm on the 1000 plan. Think I will look to settle somewhere around 11-11.5 stone. Just wish I could get rid of the weight around my middle but think only surgery will shift that!

had a fab time in b'pool. went on the big one and valhalla. drank loads but eating was different. i find that i get full really quickly. i had fish and chips for lunch and concentrated on the fish and left most of my chips. tea was an indian but after popadoms (i love these) then a few drinks as we waited a couple of hours and i lost interest in my main meal. i had a bit but there was so much food it was daft. could have fed 2-3 people. there was about 2/3rds left.

been out running today, actually outside and managed 3 miles. it was really nice. i'm off outside running tomorrow as my root canal's tuesday, which i'm getting sedated for. so i've been off/on plan and not really sticking to it at all. so close to goal and so hard to get back on track. i think that i really need a couple of days on ss but i can't as i've not that much left to loose now. going to start 810 again on wednesday. can't do the gym on tuesday so i'm looking to run outside monday, wednesday and friday with thursday at the gym. monday is also body combat and sat is body pump, the out again on sunday for 3 1/2 miles this time. i need to up my distance. i'm doing a 3 mile (5k) RFL in a few weeks time and i want to do it in under 30 mins. i've always been around the 33 mins mark for it. so i need to be running 4-5 miles outside so that i can comfortably do it faster.

forgot to post yesterday. 1/2lb off this week, then i dropped another by this am.

had root canal done with sedation. back on track from fri - the day given by my CDC!

hello again

sorry haven't beennd lately, we've been away on hol, spent a week up at my mums and put our house on the market aswell to up north.

Just had a quick scan at your diary, hope you get your head round it. It must have been hard coming off plan for hol and your op then trying to get back into it. I can't believe now how I did SS?? WTF! Although maintaining is hard, I spend my life thinking about food and how many cals is in it! I'm hovering around 11.4-11.6 and a size 14/16 which I'm happy with.

Good luck with the running xx

Back