day 2

Just seen you have posted your measurements on your diary. Here's mine for comparison (you're still smaller than me :mad:)

waist (if you can call it that) 35
hips 43.5
bust 42.5
arms 10.5
thighs 20

hiya

i've been thinking about measurements and i think that the only explanation would be exercise. i think that my fat is being replaced by muscle (cause lb for lb they weigh they same but muscle doesn't take up as much room as fat does) so although my weigh isn't going down as quickly my body shape is changing quickly as i'm burning the fat and turning it into muscle. it's the only thing i can think of. cause lb for lb you're lighter than me. :confused:

4lbs down this week. i'm so happy :D:D:D:D:D

now not long before disneyland and i've got to get 4lbs off asap each week to make my 12lbs to target in 3 weeks. i'm hoping i can do it.

Thats brilliant :D well done. Fingers crossed you get to where you want to be for your trip. You must be pleased as I know you were feeling a bit down that your losses over the last couple of weeks hadn't been what you were hoping for. What a great boost you've had today xx

Well, can't deny that I'm disappointed this week - 1.5 off. I've been telling myself all day that I can't lose 4-5lbs every week. But it would be nice. In my defence it has been totm and it was a week late so who knows what difference that would have made. But I'm paying out the best part of £40 to only lose that - I may aswell be doing SW or WW and only lose that. Am going to do another 2 weeks on 810 and then see from there.

How are you getting on great things? x

hi

i've got a slow weight loss week i think. personally i would ride it out longer cause for me sw and ww only give very small losses.... like 1/2lb. at least 1.5 to 4lbs loss is better. to get 12lbs off it would take 24 weeks at 1/2lb almost 6 months :( i'm not patient enough for that.

hiya FSF

lost 2.5lbs this week. 9.5lbs to go until target. wish it would come to me sooner. so eager to get there. only a week on thursday to matthew's 1st birthday, then 6 days after that to disneyworld paris. think i'll be happy with almost at goal for that. not sure what to do when i get there. still mixed up about that as i don't really want to deviate from the diet and put on 7lbs in 4 days by eating the wrong things. argh!!!!

hope this week's going better for you and your weighloss. i think i noticed that it was your TOTM so it could have affected your losses somewhat. don't loose heart. it is certainly quicker this way than sw or ww.

Hiya

got almost to the end of a reply and accidentally deleted it??? Not sure what happened there. Anyway, will be on tomorrow and will re-type it then. Bit too tired to sit here and go through it all again. But just wanted to say well done, you're doing brilliantly. Hope the hol isn't coming at a bad time for you, this has got to be the hard part keeping going and shifting those last few pounds.

Hiya

got almost to the end of a reply and accidentally deleted it??? Not sure what happened there.

that's happened to me before :D although it was matthew that touched the laptop and it disappeared.

great news. you are doing so well. only 7lbs til your goal. nothing seems to be coming off this week so far for me. just like last week really. i think my next step needs to be outside running. can't go any further forward at the gym by running now. i've just literally ran out of time. i only get an hour to do what i need, well less than that really cause ems class is an hour and by the time i've left her, get on a machine or 2, then leave to go get her. argh! so outside running is going to have to come eventually. it's still so cold....

anyway another couple of weeks and i guess you'll be -7lbs! are you still considering going lower yet? or have you changed your mind? how are your stats going?

You have done really well with your gym and exercise, especially when you were SSing. Hope you get sorted with your buggy for outside running so you can keep your momentum.

Am on 810 again this week, altho hubby and I are in London Sunday night for a concert at the Royal Albert Hall, possibly via the Champagne bar at St Pancras, followed by a meal :eek: so not sure that -7 will be in sight within the next 2 weeks....... I'm looking forward to it though and do feel as though I have done well enough up to now to have an evening to myself. Bet you can't wait for your hols - altho it sounds as though it's coming at possibly a bad time for you diet wise. All you can do is be prepared as possible and go with the flow. Oh, and take lots of will power ;)

my stats today are:

waist 33.5
hips 43
bust 41.5
arms 10.5
thighs 19

been discussing surgery to get rid of the spare tyre, did I see in one of your posts a while back that you'd been thinking along those lines aswell? x

yes, i have been thinking about another adominaplasty - tummy tuck and possibly other things too like a boob lift as mine have gone south and are horrid (mix of being overweight, loosing it, getting pregnant breastfeeding, being overweight again, loosing weigh again, getting pregnant again and brestfeeding again, being overweight and loosing it again).

the NHS waiting list is daft so i won't be going there. i'll prob go private again but i'm going to wait til next year as some skin will stretch back again. you need a 6mth gap minimum to see if things return somewhat.

looks like our holiday is in jeopardy.... the icelandic volcano doesn't seem to want to stop and our holiday is like 12 days away. we've been talking about driving and getting on a ferry if all else fails and our flights are still grounded. i think it would take a good 20 hours to get there though. no prob for the kids as they'll just sleep on in the car.

food wise on holiday my cdc was on about taking a shaker maker thing and also bars or something like that. then taking some tins of tuna with me just in case there is nothing out there suitable. i'm quite strong minded and if i don't want to break then i don't. the thing is i know i need to be out of ketosis by 11th may cause i'm getting sedated for a root canal and i can't be in ketosis and not eating , as such, for then as it's bad and can affect your sedation. so i know i'll have to be up plans by then. with regards to my holiday i could do a higher plan for a few days like the 1000. not sure i really want that though.

thing is i've got things coming up like.... matthew's birthday 22nd april, holiday 28th april, hubby's works do 7th may, root canal 11th may, then it all settles down until the 27th june for my mum's birthday.

oooh any advice you could give me re the surgery would be very much appreciated. I have lost as much weight as I can off my legs, arms, under my boobs etc I just have this horrid band of saggy flabby skin stuff round my middle. I think I would prob need some lipo to get rid of some more fat from there then the tummy tuck.

When you get chance can you post and let me know what you had done, how long it took, recovery, cost etc etc. Just everything I would need to know to help me make a decision?

Part of me thinks what and who would I being it for as only me and hubby see it but it would be nice to have a relatively flat stomach for once in my life!

The volacano ash thing must be a nightmare for people planning on going away, wouldnt fancy 20 hours in a car with my 3 tho. You're brave if you do that!

my recovery was really really quick but i did take arnica which helps healing.

i got mind done at the nuffield hospital and it cost £4500 in 2004.

i was in for 3 days and got up and walked the very next day. i had a drain in which was draining the fluid and blood away from my scar area. i was cut hip to hip and had to have a new belly button as my old one is now near my private areas. i had it pierced and took it out and there was a scar so i knew that that is where it is now.

fab job though. i was back driving after a week and back at the gym for some reasonably gentle work out after 3 weeks. no running for 6 months i think it was. i've numb from the operation in certain areas of my tummy. i think that and the scar are the 2 downsides to it.

i had to wear big knickers that they gave me that went high up on my waist and down my legs.

can't think of anything else to add. let me know if there's anything else you want to know.

oh, regarding pain. i was very uncomfortable when they brought me round as they were heating me up so i had some morphine. i have a high pain threshold too. only had a little bit of morphine though. i think the bottle contained 30 (ml?) and i had 6 (ml?)

had an early weigh in and lost 1/2lb. felt miffed but at least it's off and not on. feeling like i'm struggling at the moment so i've gone to the 1000 plan now.

i'm still aching from saturday's chinanigins at the gym... :D

Hiya...just posted on your diary pages. Glad to hear positive mental attitude on the loss :D it is better off than on, although I can imagine a bit hard to swallow at the moment in time you've just hopped on the scales. I was gutted the week I only lost a small amount but we can't lose loads every week. And you did have that big loss the week before. I've an 8 day week this week which I'm pleased about after our trip to London, plus with my mum being down to baby sit we went to the pub Sat night (and I wasn't good.......:D) I'm only half a stone away now from where I want to be, I've decided not to go any lower and I've also decided against surgery, so 7 little pounds left then thats me getting on with the rest of my life.......:D

so glad that you're happy :D it's hard to know when to stop on these diet malarkies. it's so tempting to go lower. i know that i've got to get up to the 1200 plan before my root canal as i'm getting sedated for it and can't be on any lower, then the same plan for at least 2 weeks afterwards :S

i'm still debating taking it slow and going lower. it might happen naturally if i'm running like 7-10 miles which i will be in july time. need to be upto 13.1 at least before i do the half marathon.

when you are so close to goal you do get ideas in to your head about eating out again and when i see hubby eating crisps it's hard not to want one now. i just smell them. often they smell really bad!

i think with surgery it depends on how large you've been and how long you were large for. most of my life i've been large - not had a great childhood where food is concerned as you've probably gathered from my diary. so when i lost quite a bit last time i really needed surgery as there was no way my stretched skin was going to shrink back again. at least this time i have a fighting chance of most of it going back again unless matthew's stretched me a bit more.

i've no reservations in doing surgery again. it was one of the best decisions of my life. :D

i think that most of the weight you put on when you are on a diet like this and take a break for a meal out is just water with eating carbs. so when you return to the diet these drop off very quickly.

hope you have a fab loss this week :D

i need a good one this week to get as close to goal as possible. mind 9lbs away from what i was when i got pregnant with matthew is not too bad :D it's not like i'm 2 stone or 3 stone away from my goal. i just wish i was closer. i'd love to have been in the 11st range but i'm not there. i'm 12st 2lbs. even this morning on the scales i was that. i think last time i managed to get down to 11st 3lbs on my scales then as soon as i found out i was pregnant, although i didn't eat anything differently for the first couple of weeks, i went straight up to 11st 10lbs. it was crazy. i was still running (7-10 miles 3 times a week) etc, still watching what i ate etc. it was when i got to 6 weeks that it all went pear shaped. i felt so sick all the time for about 4 weeks. i had a cold with it and everything i coughed i wanted to throw up. the only thing i could do to take the sickness feeling away was eat carbs. i still have hate issues with clothes that i wore when i felt sick and places that i ate at... nados (puke). can't stand to go there again lol.

i suppose we just need to concentrate for the rest of our lives on watching our intake. plus... now that we are thinner, we don't need as many cals anymore so our maintenance cals will be lower than before.

Decided to do another week on the 810, I was looking forward to more food but after discussion with CDC am doing one more week then moving up so will be on 1200 by time we are on hols.

Had another good week despite my planned nights out - lost 2.75lbs so now only 4lb from goal. Am feeling really good but re-thinking my going lower ideas that I was having a few weeks ago. Everyones telling me how good I'm looking and I suppose I must be now Im 3 stone lighter I look in the mirror and still see big saggy tummy. If I could get half a stone off there and skin go back I'd be great :D.

Is your hol still going ahead now? Glad to hear you enjoyed Matthews birthday and treated yourself to a piece of cake. You have done soooo well to get to where you are. Lets keep up the good work, not long to go now :D

well done you. mine's not going as well. i'm up and down on the scales like a yoyo. i think it's water retention though as my rings are tight when i go up and loose when i go down. so frustrating.

our holiday is all go.

been out to pizza express for matthew's birthday meal on the friday night. i had a nicose salad. had a couple of bread sticks as there was just salad and tuna (not as was described in the menu with green beans, egg and potatoes etc). was really nice. no desert but i did have a dough ball.

today we went out on the spur of the moment. i had no bars left so decided to swap tea for lunch. so we went to pizza express again and i had the same thing. this time there was egg and potatoes but not green beans lol. so i had the potato bits and left all the bread stick things. no dough ball at all. waiter chap asked if i didn't like the dough balls. said i did but didn't want to eat them.

just hope that i loose a bit as i would like to be closer to my goal.

had body pump tonight but after a day of walking around a large indoor shopping centre i was so tired. no ketosis buzz anymore. we were buying holiday clothes, or my hubby was. i couldn't find anything. it was either too old or too young. i used to like wallis but here just wasn't anything. it was all old stuff and the ladies looking around it were in their 50s. then there was oasis, warehouse, etc too young and fashionable for me. so i got some cold and flu tablets instead as i've a horrid cold that's lasted over a week now. just sick of it.

anyway weight in on tuesday this next week and i'm going to get bars for whilst i'm away. it means having a 2 a day but it's a easier option for going away than taking a shaker or tetras.

if i can STS next week after my holiday the better.

i'm up to 3 1/2 miles running now.

Hiya

just been on and read your diary - you sound so fed up........ hope you're ok. I know how you feel about breaking the 12st barrier I seemed to be at 12st for ages on my own scales but once I got under it I seem to be dropping again. Maybe a planned break for your hols might help you stop worrying about what you might put on, as it will be a given that you will, and help you re-focus when you get back?

I've been away with the girls this weekend to a health spa yeah right, nowt much healthy going on! Hadn't planned to be massively bad but think that 3 glasses of wine, 2 slices of bread and a piece of cheesecake probably aren't on the 810 (not that I bothered checking). Been on the scales since I got home this morning and still under 12st so hoping to have not done too much damage. Only a 6 day week this week so who knows...it had been booked for ages, before I even started CD, so I won't be beating myself up.

The running sounds to be going well...I still don't know how you do it.

If I don't catch you before have a good time on your hols, just chill out and enjoy yourself. Plenty of time for CD when you get back, in the scheme of things an extra week or 2 to reach goal isn't going to make a massive difference. And I keep telling myself that any weight i might put on if I stray is only going to be water, a load of body fat won't suddenly reappear just because i went off plan for a day or 2 - surely not anyway?!?!

Back