Day 2

Eiregirl

I am just starting out and am on day 2 at the moment and have a wicked headache but am trying to drink loads of water.

Any suggestions to keep me busy and focused during this time:confused:

I have a fair bit to lose and know a few people who are currently doing this diet, They have told me once you get over the first week and see the loss it gets easier but to be honestly 2 days have never felt so long for me :(

The first week is so worth it when you get to your first weighin you feel so great ! I found the first week went by quicker when I came on here and everyone is so supportive if you find you are struggling log on and join the gang.

Hi Eiregirl, I'm from Eire too and on Day two of the TFR diet. Just joined this site. I'm getting through it by making a list of all the things i will do when ive lost the weight! It's bloody hard though, I still have easter eggs left! To make matters harder I am 5 days off the cigarettes after 11 years of smoking. If I can do this, i can do anything, and count urself lucky ur not battling nicotene addiction too!!!!

Just think positive, it's not forever, we shall eat again!

Hey, I'm in Cork too. :D
I found the first week really hard. But once you go for your weigh in, you'll feel so much better.
Just try and find things to do, the worst thing you could be doing is just sitting around thinking about it. Read or watch a movie or take a walk or something, it makes the time pass much easier.
As soon as I started doing more things to take my mind off it, the quicker the time went.

I'm on week 16 now, and the weeks are going by so quickly. Just try not to think about it too much!
Good luck. :D

Hi Eiregirl, the real answer to your question is... Whatever it takes. I spent a lot of time during the first week planning my weeks and focusing on being at goal. You just have to distract yourself in anyway you can think of and then approx day 5 you will be soo glad you stayed strong. Good luck hun :)

Hi Eiregirl, I'm from Eire too and on Day two of the TFR diet. Just joined this site. I'm getting through it by making a list of all the things i will do when ive lost the weight! It's bloody hard though, I still have easter eggs left! To make matters harder I am 5 days off the cigarettes after 11 years of smoking. If I can do this, i can do anything, and count urself lucky ur not battling nicotene addiction too!!!!

Just think positive, it's not forever, we shall eat again!

Gez! You must have the willpower of a saint! :worthy:

Last edited:
Day 3 is starting out on a super positive note. After my headache yesterday I got out into the air and I felt great :) I am super motivated :)

Good to read your feeling better Eire. Hello and Welcome to you. I'm now on week 2 and have felt fab all week...long may it continue :)

Good for you staying positive! I'm having a hard time today. seems to be the same time every day. Mornings are great because I can mark another day off the poster I made!!! No headaches or anything yet, and no smelly breath!

So today is day 6 and everything has been fine so far. I had my first weigh in and I have lost 9 pounds :D I am absolutely delighted as I needed to see some weight loss this week otherwise I wasnt sure if I could continue.

With results like this how can I not continue :)

How much would one normally lose after say the first 2 weeks coz I imagine you lose tons then due to all the mess in your system. I am going to be doing this for about 14 more weeks before a break when family comes over and I was wondering how much I could expect to lose during this time. I imagine it is different for everyone considering how much they have to lose but in my case I have 100 pounds to lose to get to a healthy range for my height.

Last edited:
hi everyone, new to this...

on day 2 and right now all i can think about is eating something to fill this hunger pain.. REALLY struggling :( iv done it befor years ago and got to day 7 and then it was easter sunday and cudnt handle the family dinner wafting infront of me!! after that i didnt feel like it was worth starting up again untill now...
to keep me motivated i weighed myself today and iv already lost 3.5lbs... i no this is water weight tho so i was just wondering at what point did everyone notice a difference in their body shape or measurements??

Im so depressed at the moment with my body and i really need to do this because its ruining my life and my relationship slowly, but i might need a little motivation and support from you all if you are willing :)

anyone else getting slightly negative support from friends and family for doing such a drastic diet?

'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels'

Oh gosh hon keep on trucking. I am having very similar issues with body shape and feeling kinda worthless coz I have no self control. I just keep telling myself that it didn't come on overnight and it wont go away overnight either. The best things to do it keep sipping water all day and that will help loads with the hunger pains. I also find I put almost double water into my shakes so I feel like I am having more as I think the shakes are kinda dinky :D

My other half's mother is freaking out over us doing this diet but I am at a point where I need absolute structure or I know I am going to have a hard time as it is easier to let little cheats through.

Let them be all negative but when you have lost the weight it will be worth it.

Thanks for the advice!! I do that too with the shakes because im not greatly fond of the taste so it dilutes it a little and also for the same reasons you do, to feel that little bit more full :) lol.

I get the negative attitudes from everyone, including my boyfriend :( which is really hard on its own, and what makes it more difficult is hes like a little devil on my shoulder whilst he tucks into the biggest portions of everything you can imagine (hes very lean and muscly! and can eat LITERALLY ANYTHING!) he sits and tells me i should just eat something because my body needs it to lose weight.... but as i keep telling everyone, just like yourself, I need the structure to keep me going or else if im not seeing results and feel like i may be cheating, i just do not lose weight! I need the extreme to get me to where i want to be and then ill worry about the sustaining part when im there.... rather than worrying ill never get there and just giving up!

I cannot wait for my first weigh in... i cheated this mrning and hopped on the scales just out of curiosity and already shed 3.5lbs which made me a little more motivated :) I no its water weight but still... im getting further towards my 10 goal :) i just keep thinking about seeing that on the scales for the first time in about 6years and probly will tear up lol.

hope your managing still ok :) I can smell my mums dinner from the kitchen and its making my mouth water!! probs an early night for me... escape the cravings! lol x

Having a tough evening as I am having very foody thoughts. I drank a liter of water and I hope that will keep me until I go to bed. I am ending day 9 and it is getting tougher by the day but I think it is mainly tough on my days off work when I would normally snack away all day whereas I cant do this at work. I have another 2 days off this week and need to find something to distract me from food. Think I will start Battlestar Galactica :)
Come on july 10!(end date)

keep going eiregirl! i found after two weeks it just became routine and normal, rather than being on a diet :)

That's actually quite funny you say that because that is actually how I feel at the moment. I am not missing food as much as I thought I would and I have just accepted that this is my food now and that's it! But I am quite lucky because I like the soup and toasted flackjacks so I am not having chocolate shakes absolutely all the time like Mr. Eiregirl is.

The best thing for me is mixing it up, I don't actually have any of the shakes as intended, I have a Mocha in the morning and soup at lunch at work to be discreet and then either a flapjack at night or a vanilla latte

Back