Day 3 and :(

leedsforever

Silver Member
Such a shame as I was very positive and pleased with how day 1 and 2 had gone.

Woke up this morning itching to get on the scales (bad habit of mine) and absolutely no budge from yesterday. Normally I lose pounds daily in the first couple of days.. but nope 1 lb and a quarter since starting on wednesday.

I won't cave but tonight will be made all the more harder as in my head its not working :(

I normally dont have a shake this early either but I'm going too as I am very hungry and I am going to a body pump class in a bit...

hmmmmph... thanks for letting me rant xx

Stick with it. Pretty sure I was the same in the first couple of days and ended up losing 8lb!

I'm a daily scale hopper I'm afraid. I find it motivational and if there's no change, it makes me more determined to not fall off the wagon cause I NEED to see a change!

Remember these first few days, your body will be very confused! Around day 3-5 you'll go into Ketosis and that's when you start melting fat!

It's great that you're doing lots of exercise but remember its not really recommended for the first week and also, BodyPump will build muscle as the fat disappears and so your weight losses may not appear as impressive. It also makes a massive difference how much you have to lose (sorry, can't see your info on my phone). I find the bars affect my losses so if you've been having one per day, perhaps have a couple of days off them o help you get into Ketosis.

Remember we're here!

L xox

Thankyou very much for your reply. It has helped me make the positive choice for tonight. So tempted to go off plan but you're right, not seeing a change has made me more determined too stick to it. I monitor my body fat too , as like you say muscle weighs more. I dont really have a great deal to lose but the lowest I have seen on the scales within this year has been 12 stone 2... I am currently 12 stone 8 but dont necessarily feel fatter due too my training. I sometimes wonder if I coould even get to 11 stone 7 let alone 11 stone... grr lol..

thanks again xx

You'll do it. The less you have to lose, the longer it takes. Don't know about you but my scales don't do part pounds so it's very probable that you could have lost .75lb!

If you haven't got a timescale, perhaps try working solution if it's getting really tough to stick to with your training. It's worth doing at least a week TS though for a good old kick start! I've lost 14lb now in 19 days! I started at 11.9 and am now 10.9 and would like to lose another 2 and a half stone!

L xox

So glad I just read this thread, I now feel quite motivated, as I am on day 4, and weighed myself this morning and still nothing has changed and as i have felt really peckish this afternoon, considering I have been at a team away day with buffet and a huge chocolate cake on offer, I stayed 100%, got my soup to look foward to this evening, even though my other half and son are having a take away I now feel determined. And noted what Loucille2 has said about the bars, so just might avoid them over the weekend and see what happens. Thanks guys x

Not saying it's true but for me I think they kick the Ketosis slightly. Might be worth a shot. I tend to save them for days out etc when it's not easy to make a shake or a soup! Never tried the Tesco stand in cause my little Tesco doesn't sell them!

I am on day 3 and i am sooo cold and sooo hungry , i gave kids and hubby a huge salad for tea, and god i could of wolfed it, but just had a vanilla shake, and 3 glasses of water. I have still got a shake to go and a cup of bouillion, I don't like the soups yuk, so have 1 bar ,2 shakes, and 2tsp bouillion a day. and 2.5 litres water minium.I could so eat something , anything, but need to stay focused as i need to lose weight, i just hope it works with a under active thyroid.I have been doing 2x10 mins on ifit machine as well.

Back