Day 3 - miserable and confused! :(

Maizie

Hi guys - I am on day 3 and struggling like mad! I also have a few wee questions to ask :)

So....this ketosis lark :) if the point of the diet is to burn fat for energy and not use food then why are we allowed to eat there cereal bar thingies? surely they could be replaced with a healthy soup or salad? I defo need a better understanding of this diet as i am becoming so frustrated with it! Last night i was in utter meltdown - crying, freezing cold and in agony with hunger pains - silly I know but i ended up having some spring veg soup (120 calories) and it setttled me before bed!

I am so exhausted and miserable and want this to end quickly :/

Maizie x

Maizie

Forgive me, but I'm not sure that Exante is the right thing for you at the moment.

For this to succeed, you must be committed. To be committed, you must really WANT to do it. I am not sure that you are ready if you are already 'cheating' on day 3. I know that's blunt, but this is the way I see it.

Exante, and indeed any other VLCD, works on the premise of providing all the necessary nutrients in the replacement products alone - be that shakes, bars or soups. You need nothing else to maintain your health.

An ordinary tin or packet of soup, while it may well contain less calories, is not nutritionally complete. I hope this answers your question about the bars - yes a salad may be fewer or similar calorie content, but is not nutritionally complete.

There is a lot of talk about ketosis. This is a complex physiological action that essentially 'burns fat'. Part of the results of the body being in mild ketosis is reduced hunger - for some people, not everyone.

VLCD's work because of the calorie deficit, nothing more. You could eat the same number of calories in Dairy Milk and still lose weight - but, be extremely ill in a very short time as a result.

Please think about what you are doing. Why do you want to lose weight, and is this the right time psychologically for you? Is a VLCD the best way for you?

I am sorry if this all sounds a bit negative, but what you are doing isn't working and is making you miserable.

Use the support here, it is fantastic. However, only you can lose weight for yourself - and to do that you really have to want it above all else.

Take care of yourself :)

Maizie do you have to do the total solution or could you do the working solution? This allows you three food packs and a low calorie meal. It might be something worth thinking but don't do it just as a way out, if you think introducing a meal will cause you to just want to eat all the time then its not for you. Equally I don't think total abstinence from food is for everyone either. You do have to be 100% committed for anything to work but I have to say I'd rather someone eat on day 3 because they are genuinely struggling than making a conscious choice to eat. Good luck hun and try to stay strong, on day three you might not be fully into ketosis and you could still be feeling hungry, push through it and it will pass.xx

push through.... its just a barrier... if ya think ya really need a little something to pop in ya mouth till ya comfy with TS have a little drained tuna or chicken ham.... lean protein wont affect you getting into Ketosis,,

Good luck hun im sure ya can do it xxx

Darcy

I admire your honesty and yes i can see where you are coming from - I feel exante is the only way forward for me - I am over 15 stone, 5'4 and only 23 so I need to shift this weight before i get even bigger (wanting to start a family in the next couple of years so need to slim down first)

I feel i am ready, and you may see it as cheating but instead of my final shake i had the soup so it wasn't too bad - yes i have been feeling miserable but surely this is too be expected? from eating so much food and drinking sooooo much coffee (my vice) to nothing has been a shock - however i woke up this morning feeling much better that I had got everything out of my system (emotionally) so onwards and upwards from here! I also jumped on the scales and have lost 4lb in 2 days which was a HUGE pick me up :)

Dolly daydream: thank you :) yes I think I will be able to cope better when ketosis kicks in and the cravings stop - the smell of food makes my mouth water at the moment but i am trying to stay light hearted with it (made my little brother some lovely buttery toast and put it to my mouth and did not take a single bite hehe) I have considered the working solution but i feel i will do what you have suggested and just want more food :/ so i will stick with what i am on and push through :) thank you for your kind words x

Valentine - thank you :) I was unsure that i could really have anything other than the shakes and a bar so maybe once a week I will have some fish or chicken - especially before my horrid 12 hour night shifts :) thank you x

Back