Day 3 of lighter life, HELP!

rosejohnson

Hi all
Just thought I would introduce myself, I am Rose, and I started lighter life on thursday. I am not in a good place at the moment and could really do with some reassurance that things will get better, as 100 days of this and I may kill myself! I feel unwell, I have had a constant headache, I have had dizzy spells, nausea and actual retching which is awful, shivvery, cold, irritable, and did I mention starving??

I haven't slipped up at all so I guess I should be in ketosis, and I checked my urine and I am putting out ++ketones. Hopefully that is good.

I guess I need some reassurance that I won't feel like this forever! I am struggling to drink enough water, and I hate the soups. the banana and chocolate shakes seem almost drinkable but if they are all I am having I am going to get sick of them pretty soon.

I don't get weighed til tuesday, that feels so far off. Will I survive??!

Hope to get to know people on here, it will be nice to have a 'buddy' or two.

Rose x:help2::sign0144:

Hello Rose
Things will get better , its always the first time you feel like this , wondering if you will make it , get the fire on and have a lay down and just think postive and the reasons why you are taking the fast road on a vlcd and i'm sure you will feel its all going to be so worth while

Hi Rose

Sorry to hear you're having a tough first few days :hug99: If it's any consolation, I remeber my 1st week being fairly awful too - I had a bad head almost all of the time until around day 6 and also felt dizzy and light-headed a lot.
The good news is that although it varies from person to person exactly when it stops, it definitely doesn't last for long in the scheme of things and once it's over, you'll hopefully be feeling better than ever as I did.
Just make sure you're nice to yourself until the worst is over.

All the best
Monkey x

Thanks for the replies. Day 4 hasn't been great either but I am perservering! Tell me, does anybody like the soups? I haven't managed to get a whole one down yet!
Rose

I love the soups. Have you tried varying the amount of water you put in? You can mix ans thick or as thin as you like. I add Tabasco to mine to pep them up a bit and I really like them. I also use a hand blender and really blend the heck out of them - I hate anything with lumps in it!! But I liked soup to begin with so that helps too.....good luck!! xx

The Soups
More into the sweet shakes , but now and then have a soup , more so cos its so cold ... Really alot of the soups i don'e like

Hi Rose,

Hope you are feeling a bit better today. Can only agree with the others that it definately gets better and when you have been weighed this week you will be over the moon.

Look after and pamper yourself, you will get there.

I always make my soups with 400ml of water and have them like a cup-a-soup, and I have to add salt and pepper, which isn't something I usually have on food.
With the shakes I make the vanilla into a latte with 500ml water, 2 sweeteners and 2 spoons of coffee and the choc one into a hot choc with 400ml of water (even though I didn't like the choc at all until I retried it this week).
Everybody does theirs differently so you might need to experiment a bit.

I make the soups into crisps - VERY tasy - especially Thai Chilli! I felt awful in the first four days, but much better from then on. I never thought I'd make 100 days - but here I am on day 119! Keep the faith - once you've been weighed you'll know its been worth it!

Good to hear you're still going strong Rose, hope that it soon starts getting better for you.

Personally I really like the soups - you can just have shakes though if that's what it takes to get you through the diet --- and as from next week you'll be able to have a bar a day.

It does get better. The third day i felt exactly the same, how could i possibily do this for months and months..... Now i am in my 6th ish week and i feel fine. I think i am getting used to not eating (fingers crossed), i am never hungry and dont think about food too much at all.

Hope this helps :)

Back