Day 3 of Lipotrim!! Anybody else just starting??

Oh bless you Becka. My hormones are up the spout too , isn't it horrid being a girl? Glad you've cheered up a bit tho. As for your in laws staying, you'll just have to have your dad's words ringing through your ears like a mantra. That'll help you remember why you started this journey in the first place. Do you see them often? If not, they're sure to notice a difference!

I know we have to go through so much! Lol my mother in law is really supportive she did no carb for a long time which is the same Principle as this but with food so that's good. They are coming down next Saturday so I'll be closer to being finished by then! We have not seen them since October so hopefully they will notice a difference :) people at work are now starting to notice apparently my face is looking thinner :) my Mr said to me the other night you need to put on more weight.... 'WHAT ??' And he said I want my cushion back!! Not impressed! Lol but in a round about way its a good thing :) xx

That's fab. I passed another mum on the school run yesterday who stopped, looked me up and down and raised her eyebrows at me approvingly which felt good. And today DH spontaneously said he could notice that I've lost weight. So that's very motivating.
on a disappointing note my sister in law went for her first weigh in today and is gutted that she only lost 6lbs....I mean she only has about a stone and a half to lose and 6lbs is amazing but she's comparing herself to me (who has so much more to lose) so is all miserable... I feel sorry for her cos she's upset but I think she's done amazing.
I'm practically at my next weigh in which is Thursday morning and I can feel my clothes fit so much better. There's a coat that I couldn't do up a month ago, and I've been wearing it done up for the last week. And a pair of jeans which I'd only wear in an emergency are now falling off my hips...

Ahh that's really good noticeable difference...also someone at work told em they did a double take when they saw me earlier as you can really see ive lost weight. We are doing good girls!! I'm comfortably in a smaller jacket at work now... One more jacket size and I am in the same size I was when I started there 7years ago! Hopefully! Shame that your sister in law is unhappy 6lb is a really good loss! Xx is she on here? This might motivate her a bit more :) xx

Last edited:
I lost 5lb and was really happy girl I work with lost 13lb first week but as you said she has alot more to loss

So I have all of the in-laws here from 23rd may and I am wondering whether to refeed this week coming so I can have food with them when they are here or should I carry on?? What would everyone else do? Xx

Honestly Becka...if it were me, I'd stay on the plan. Only because I've heard that once you cheat or try to manipulate it or take in food, then its much much more difficult to get back on track again. Do you mind them knowing about it? I mean, if you explain that you need their support, then surely it'd be OK. I just know that if it were me, I think if I were to eat food again - that would be the beginning of the end of the diet, if you know what I mean? My pal/boss just confessed to me that she's been off track last weekend. I just can't believe that someone would spend £45 and NOT stick to it! For me, the cost kind of motivates me...I'm not wasting that money :rolleyes:
Also - your whole weight loss journey will be stalled by it, and you'll take longer to get to goal. Don't know about you but the quicker I get there the better...
However, its horses for courses so its got to be up to you. And you know yourself.
ooooh - weigh in tomorrow. So excited. Then only one more week before I 'qualify' for Boston! haha - ridiculous really because could you imagine anywhere else where you'd go for a performance review and your boss would tell you to go on a diet for 4 weeks?? I'm so lucky to have her...
Anyway - I've been having a MADDENING 'hair caught in my throat' feeling for over a week now. It HAS to have something to do with the diet - too much dairy? too much salt? detox? I'm not sure...just trying hard to ignore it for now. What other side effects are people noticing?

PS Can you believe it? My husband just nipped out for a few cans of beer, and came back with sausage, chips and gravy from the chippy. Oh the salt and vinegar smells so good. Not going to cave though...the gravy is just glistening over those lovely salty soggy chips.
I'm consoling myself with the thought that I calculated HIS BMI the other day - his is higher than mine right now - haha, I'm gonna be the thinnest!

Ahh I think you might have got the wrong idea (probably didn't explain myself very well anyway) lol I don't plan on cheating the system I plan on refeeding as I have been doing it a month... I feel I have broken the eating habit and when the in-laws are here and I'm on holiday is a good time to settle in to new eating as I know I have the time to plan meals and try new things :) they already know I am doing it so all okay there :) but I do want to continue to loose weight without being on this more so to prove to myself I am capable of doing it :).. My weigh in is on Friday so let's see how that goes! :) let us know how tomorrow goes! Technically you have already qualified for Boston as your boss didn't stick to it completely?? Xx
Apparently the pins and needles could be a sign of low salt so don't know its that but I guess its to do with everything changing? I don't like the bad breath I'm very conscious of it and also when I have a drink first thing I get a strange taste /warmth coming from my gums... Really weird....

Hey Becka - no I did know what you meant by refeeding, I just know that if it was me, I'd 100% fail the diet at that point! haha - I need to stick to the shakes and have NOTHING else. Except the 'hair in throat' feeling makes me gag and I keep throwing the shakes up!
Anyhoo - went for weigh in today. 7lbs off. So that's 23 in 3 weeks. Very happy.
Decided to get a 'flapjack'. Is odd - but hopefully it'll stop this awful hairy throat feeling & I'll be able to keep it down. I can't work out if its savoury or sweet. I think its savoury...:eek:

7lb well done you!!! I cant have the flapjacks as I have a nut allergy lol so good old shakes for me, only thing I cant get the last mouthful down makes me gag lol, loving the difference this is making for me, hoping to get to end june then have the weekend off and start again, anyone done this? X

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

No I thought you thought I was planning on refeeding then starting again afterwards... I'm hoping to not do that I think x

Hi ladies,

Well done on the loss, Tequila - outstanding!!! :D

I'm sorry to say, I've had bail on the plan. I had intended to go till the end of May but on Monday, I felt so ill and weak and hungry, I really had had enough. The hair in the throat feeling was also driving me up the wall! Battling a cold as well, I was not in good shape. I weighed myself on Tuesday morning and I had lost 4 pounds, which was ok but I'd hoped for a couple more. So, I took the decision to quit the plan and go with a high protein, no carb and no dairy diet for a while (although I succumbed to a cup of tea with milk last night - yum!). I'm so terrified of putting the weight on again that I am being super-strict with myself so hopefully the losses will continue.

Thank you all for your support and I'm only sorry it didn't work for me.

xxx

Hi everyone you are all losses:) I am as well but at snail pace lost 2 and half this week but will stick with it. Becka c what is your goal?? Has anyone cheated since they started? Have so much more time now I'm not eating does anyone else feel that way?

I need to loose anther 2 stone lol but I need to do it normally! I only lost 3lb last week so let's hope for a good loss tomorrow :) I'm sitting outside the work of a friend s waiting for everyone to have a BBQ hmmm!

BBQ carnage!! They have put all the burgers on at once and now there is flames burgers dropping through n all sorts... Kinda happy I'm not eating!

hey - I lost 5lb last week and then 7 this week. doesn't seem to make sense but I guess hormones are to blame. TOTM etc.
Oh shame about the burgers getting scorched...I'd have loved to smell nice tasty BBQ meat. Well the 'flapjack' didn't pan out sadly. I'm still trying to finish it. I think I'll end up taking the others back and swapping. BUT - Good news - I don't have a hairy throat any more. I feel bad that Paula couldn't take it any more - it is absolutely maddening. My instincts say that its to do with a diary overload - but my pharmacist lady says she's never heard of it before. Which is why this forum is a godsend.
Hello Slim2bee! 2lb is good actually because 2lb of fat is quite a large amount. Stick with it!
Although telling you to stick with it is really hypocritical because I've just gone and ordered my next lot of shakes (from next Thursday) and they're slim and save ones. It just works out cheaper and people reckon their losses are the same as lipotrim so I'm going to go onto that plan and I'll let you know how I get on.

How much is slim and save tequila? Weve just had a really long game of rounders definitely burnt more than my 400 calories today!

Back