day 3 on attack finished....no results....

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by catz_marr, 7 September 2011 Social URL.

1. catz_marr

catz_marr Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(12.62%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    im feeling a little disheartened :sigh:
    as title suggests, just completed my 3rd day and being really strict, gathering loads of info and trying the pancakes etc - properly having a go at it and im not seeing a proper loss :confused:

in fairness my scales arent digital so its harder to see but after 3 days i thought id see something - or feel something?

any wise words??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. locket

locket Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yes. Get yourself some digital scales.
    These are more accurate and you will see the smallest weight loss. Some days we only lose 100g on this diet, with the old style scales you wouldn't be aware of this weight loss and may become demotivated and fall off the wagon altogether.
    There may be a few reasons for you not seeing (or feeling) like you've lost weight, monthly cycles, constipation, water retention or it could be that u are actually eating something which u think is ok but isn't (it happens a lot).
    The important thing is not to get disheartened. Post your menus on the menus thread an people will cast their experienced eyes on these and advise you of any changes you may need to make. Also, give it a few days, sometimes we lose nothing for a bit and suddenly our weight just drops quite significantly. Be patient, you will lose. Some lose faster than others (I've lost just under a stone in 2 months, some people lose that in a week). And do get some digital scales, u can pick some up for next-to-nothing, ASDA and the like sell them for around £10, u won't regret it.

[​IMG]

4. Dub07

Dub07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Cruise
    That's a bit disheartening, I'm sure. It'll help the experts to see if you're going astray if you post your menus in that thread, but I'd suggest it might be 'transit issues' as they so delicately put it. Keep at it and after another day or two you'll probably have a sudden loss, especially if you have a 'happy bathroom visit' as one lady brilliantly described it.

Are you taking your oat bran every day? There's a certain amount of rhubarb allowed too if problems arise in the plumbing. Drinking lots of fluids and doing the exercise?

Fingers crossed you'll wake up lighter in the morning. :)

x post, sorry Locket!

5. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    A couple of thoughts:
    a.) Not everyone sees massive losses in the first few days - I had only lost 1 lb by the start of the third day - and I wouldn't have noticed that if I hadn't had digital scales on a hard surface.

TOTM can mask weightless - temporarily.

6. m-mouse

m-mouse Not very good at this!

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(30.28%)
    Diet:
    dukan - conso
    Agreed with Locket - post your menus to see if we can see anything obviously wrong.

7. elida

elida Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    It is probably your body adjusting.. several things might cause it but the weight will come off in a few days, don't worry.
    Agree with the others, invest in a digital scale which will pay off..
    I am kind of stuck right now and someone wise advised me not to weigh myself for a week not to lose motivation.. I won't until 17th, it is killing me to be honest:rolleyes:.
    Maybe weigh yourself every week instead of every day will help you see the results..
    Good luck!:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.