Ditched the scales properly

Hope you are coping alright ;-). I definitely feel happier - not beating myself up/celebrating an every changing number is liberating. I can't say I haven't been tempted more than once today but have resisted.

I'm doing great! Didn't get on the scales at work this morning, yay! Following the plan to the letter and not stressing at all over what I weigh.

Well done for resisting, keep going, you can do it xxx

After reading all the posts I can relate to many of them, as I too can't help buy weigh myself maybe 4 times or maybe more a day! Have tried hiding them, getting hubby to hide them, taking the battery out but with no luck! I'm ok when I see them going down but if they're not I get fed up! Need do try harder to resist!!:0)

I weight myself every single morning. I dont think I could throw my scales away! It gives me a sense of how I'm doing. I guess I'm obsessed :)
But then saying that, on my first weigh in the SW scales showed 2.5lbs less loss than my home scales, which was pretty gutting. Anyone else had this? Where your own scales show a completely different weight to the SW ones?
My weigh in is tonight, my scales have shown me a 4lbs loss..... I dont want to set myself up for disappointment!
(I think I may have just convinced myself to chuck them out haha).

Mirrakel, Im kind of agreeing with you there lol! If you go to weigh in tonight and you've lost 2 or something, you will feel disappointed that it wasnt 4. If you went to weigh in without a clue, you would probably be pleased with 2. But I cant remotely talk because Ive been weighing myself daily for years ha ha!! Im just on a high because its felt so good without them :)

Hope you get a fab result tonight! xx

Mirrakel said:
I weight myself every single morning. I dont think I could throw my scales away! It gives me a sense of how I'm doing. I guess I'm obsessed :)
But then saying that, on my first weigh in the SW scales showed 2.5lbs less loss than my home scales, which was pretty gutting. Anyone else had this? Where your own scales show a completely different weight to the SW ones?
My weigh in is tonight, my scales have shown me a 4lbs loss..... I dont want to set myself up for disappointment!
(I think I may have just convinced myself to chuck them out haha).

Good luck with weigh in tonight. Come and join our step away from the scale challenge. We are all addicts In there! I think it has to be tackled like an addiction and apparently it does get easier. X

Hey veggiegirl

I left you a message on the challenge thread to say well done for resisting and I can't wait to hear how you get on tomorrow :-D

I lost 2.5lbs, SO happy with that!! And I got slimmer of the week :)
I think I am going to try and tackle my addiction... hows about weighing myself every other day to start with haha. Or should I just go cold turkey?

Mirrakel said:
I lost 2.5lbs, SO happy with that!! And I got slimmer of the week :)
I think I am going to try and tackle my addiction... hows about weighing myself every other day to start with haha. Or should I just go cold turkey?
I think weighing every other day is a good start. Well done on the 2.5 x

Hi Shrinki! Thanks for the message! Apologies for my absence, been a manic few days at work and only been popping onto site briefly via phone - just got home and will be putting laptop on shortly so will be able to type a proper reply!

Catch up soon :)

Xxx

You are so brave giving away your scales! I only weigh on the morning of my official weigh in but wish I could stop all together

Hi Shrinki, Ive updated in the challenge thread!

To everyone else that has a scale addiction, please feel free to join us in the teams section, we're called "Step away from the scales" lol, started by Shrinki :)

xxxxxxx

OMG
my scales have died... I was a half way through the week and weigh day weigher, no I have no idea what going on.

I suppose this is a good thing and i'm actually paying £5 to find out how much I weigh

Hello! Well done with those who have lost weight and those who have ditched the scales!

Im trying to ditch them but so far not so good. Im a newbie on day 5 and since starting the diet began to weigh myself daily now a few times a day its ridiculous!

SO after next weeks WI (tuesday) Im getting rid. Honestly, I hate the thougt. I very much like being in control and by giving up my scales Im very much surrendering myself to the group and my SW leader.

But I feel if I dont I'll become more obsessive which cant be at all good!

For what its worth im on day 5 and my stupid scales tell me Ive not lost a jot. Bummer!

I stopped weighing as my New Years resolution and have stuck to it. Would have chucked the scales out but OH still likes to weigh on a daily basis (don't know why as his weight can fluctuate about 4lb a day, which obviously isn't true weight loss anyway).

I've just stuck to eating healthily and exercising regularly to the best of my ability (without getting disheartened by numbers) and it seems to be working a the moment.

PS I don't even go to class, so no idea of weight AT ALL, but am now a size 10 - 12 and feel fit as a flea most of the time, so am happy with that.

Back