Day 3....

hjc77

Hi all, hope ur all doin ok on the weekend?!

Well after a bit of a headachy arvo yest, woke feeling ok, still feeling the hunger but its bearable, was more worried I'd feel as I did yest 24/7 so at least that's not happened tho expecting more bouts of that over next few days....just waiting for that "no hunger, more energy" feeling to kick in...right now I can't ever imagine that happening and just wonder if ur body gets used to feeling hungry or if u genuinely don't feel hungry? Give me some honest encouragement please!

Thanks,
H x

Forgot to say, lost 3lb already so that's keeping me going!x

Hi,
U deffo don't feel hungry once into ketosis :) U still have to have a will of iron cause food still smells and looks good \0/ x

I woke up and felt better on day 5 and day 6 was even better.
After weigh in and into week 2 I felt fantastic and have done ever since!! Better than I have done in years :)
I reckon you have a 1 or 2 day hurdle and you'll be on a roll and you'll forget what the first few days were like
I now only start to feel a bit hungry when I'm due a shake / soup. (and I quite like the feeling!)
Grin and bear it - it's so worth it!
Wait till you start getting those compliments - that'll spur you on :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi
Well done on getting to day 3 - I'm also on day 3 already in ketosis cos I cut out the carbs a couple of days before I started but I usually get into ketosis by day 4 but everyone is different!
Eventhough I'm in ketosis I feel a bit hungry today - although I think it may be boredom plus my brother is baking so the smell is driving me crazy...

Also well done on the -3lb :) I'm trying now to weigh so I have a suprise at the WI lol

Let me know how ur getting on and good luck for the rest of the week - you've got this far - u can do it :) x

Hi hjc, I've done this before -and can guarantee that the hunger goes away, as do the cravings. You get to a point where you feel detached from food (yay!) and not eating is just a matter of routine; it's just what you do. I think the joy of seeing the weight drop off and the clothes get baggy right before your eyes week after week just spurs you on, knowing that this time you CAN and WILL get to your target weight.
I think you might feel a little tummy rumbling just before a shake is due but not discomfort.
Stick with it, the rewards are fantastic!

Hi HJC - I'm on day 5 now (very headdachy on day 2) and must say I am feeling pretty hungry so I have been splitting my shakes to have my last one as late as possible - but my energy levels are definitely after kicking in and I feel really good today.

I did have a sneaky weigh at home this morning and couldnt believe I am already down 9lbs:eek: Thats what is keeping me strongwilled today. I am afraid that if I cave in and have just one nibble of anything I am finished so I am fighting it and picturing myself in a sexy swimsuit (will think about bikini's eventually lol). I am even researching favourite recipies in low cal option so that I eat properly once I get to my goal. Good luck - you can do it and pop in here if you are feeling tempted as I find the advice and support wonderful.

Hi hun...can't really add much to what everyone has already said above but I have done LT before too and can confirm that the tiredness and hunger do pass and you do feel fine once past your 1st week. You will be amazed at the change in your tastes of food once you are done as your taste buds literally do de-program. I also wanted to say drinking enough water is so important. I have slacked a little today and I can really tell the difference so I have my water bottle glued to my hand and am taking little sips at a time! :)

Also another interesting fact...I was watching a program once on over eating and it said that the body gives the same reaction for thirst as it does for hunger i.e. when I feel hunger pangs I generally reach for food but actually often it's that your body needs water to hydrate and we mis-read the signals. Interesting little fact there for anyone that didn't know. So I think on LT sometimes (particularly when already in ketosis) I mistake what feel like hunger pangs for my body actually telling me to drink more. Must, must, must drink more water! lol

Marie :D

Hey hjc77-Im in same boat as u!! just finished 3rd day and kinda thinkin is it worth it but just found out a friend of mine is doing it too so thats really cheered me up!! i think it helps when u have someone to chat 2 about it which is what is so good about this forum!!
had massive headache last night and tonight again but got my water in hand which is helping me!
Im hoping that when i go into ketosis the headaches and hunger will pass! stick with me and hopefully we'll keep up the good work cos Im sure Il need some encouragement along the way!!!

Ness
x

Well done on hanging in there. The good news it does get easier. You will have the odd time when you feel peckish. For me, I just reached for the water when times got tough. Apparently, 80% of the time we feel hungry it us in fact because we are thirsty as 60% of the water our bodies needs comes from food.
You will be so pleased you stayed strong when you see the results.

Aahhh ladies, thank you all so much for your encouraging replies!! Was feeling a bit down yest arvo... think I'd done too much sitting around as my plan had been to try to have nothing on cos thought I'd be feeling really pants - but as it is, I haven't felt half as heady/weak as I thought I would on this - tho I was rather shaky after half hr of hoovering!!! I'm glad I've got my cousins over today, will help take my mind off it - the last few days have seemed the looooongest EVER!! You realise how much food stops help to break up your day! And it still enters my head that "it's time to get food" then I remember "no it's not!!" but slowly getting used to it!!

My hubby Steve, who's also doing it with me, seems to already be in ketosis as he didn't wake hungry whereas I did... mind you mornings has always been my hungry time of day - I always had a massive bowl of cereal for breakie cos always wake starving so that might be my hardest part - esp as I'm trying to delay 1st shake until mid-morn so can last more into the day - been having a cuppa with fibreclear first thing to keep me going!!!

Had lost another 1lb this morn so def keeps you going - dh has lost 10lb already!!

At the moment, ketosis still seems like a dream that won't happen so really hoping I can write on here soon "yes! it's all true, you don't feel hungry!!" Ha ha ha!!!

H x

Back