Day 3

SarahBx

Oh my goodness!!!! Day 3 is hard!! I don't feel particularly hungry I just crave food like never before!!! I don't even think I'm craving food, maybe just the motion of eating?!? This is harder than I expected, but I want to do it!
I've looked at the sticky thread of ketogenic food, do you think an egg or a small bit of chicken will ruin my hard work and set me on a downward spiral??

Help!

day 3 is hard but it gets so much easier soon! if you are going to eat then either of those are fine but just make sure the egg isnt fried :) xx

I think day 3 is the worst when your body is really going through withdrawal and realising that you're not about to feed it normal food. If you need to then some lean chicken or a boiled egg would be fine, and wouldn't knock you out of ketosis.
Things like taking a long bath, painting your nails, watching a good film can be useful distractions, or just opt for an early night, and know that in the next day or two you'll most likely start feeling really well and the hunger will have gone. If it's particularly the eating that you miss, you may find it better to split your bar in two and have it as two mini meals in the day.
Good luck

I tried making a 'muffin' for my dinner after having a soup at about 12.30 and my bar at 4pm, feeling ok now!! Just waiting for my ketostix to be delivered, I think when I see that I am in ketosis it will give me a little boost!! X

SarahBx said:
I tried making a 'muffin' for my dinner after having a soup at about 12.30 and my bar at 4pm, feeling ok now!! Just waiting for my ketostix to be delivered, I think when I see that I am in ketosis it will give me a little boost!! X

Being in ketosis definitely helps, I'm on add a meal week now and I've just eaten some tuna. I didn't enjoy it :( I would have rather had a shake lol the tuna tasted so salty! Good luck x

Good luck, it does get easier.

It really will get easier. Its like learning all over what to do with your time, I swear I could use up half a day if all added up from just walking to the kitchen let alone eating! We are breaking that cycle as well as feeling hungry at this stage but I promise you it does get easier and your focus becomes strengthened.

Well done Sarah for sticking in there. I remember it happened to me around day 5 and you're right it's not hunger it's the act of eating that I was craving. Everyone's right, it does get easier.

Well I lasted day 3, and day 4 feels AMAZING!!!! I have today and the rest of the week off work, and thought it would be harder as hubby has loads of nice food in the fridge and cupboard, but it hasn't even crossed my mind!!

If anything, having my soup for lunch was a struggle as didn't feel like I needed it!! I can defiantly get used to this! What a difference a day makes ?

Well done - that's reassuring news! Take home message = try and hang in there and it will get easier :D

Back