Day 3

diorsmum

Hi everyone,

Well its day 3 and I'm thinking how on earth am I going to get to the weeks end. Today I have found myself sniffing food!!!

I can't get my head around living on shakes and no food. How has everyone managed in the long term? The pharmacist said I should only do this for a max of two months on total. From looking at the posts there seems to be loads of people well over that amount of time.

And, to boot I had a sneaky weigh-in to find I haven't lost a sausage (no food puns intended)

I think I will cry if next Tuesday I haven't lost any weight. How long does it generally take to see a difference? :confused:

Thanks v. much, hope you all are having a good evening

Well done for getting to day 3 it does get easier once ketosis sets in, which should be around now. I still sniff food and lick crisps and have even chewed food and spat it out it's really sad I know.
I was on Cambridge twice lost loads and didn't do the maintance for I put it back on again. Been on this for 1wk and have only lost 4lb by pharmacy scales and 7lb by mine. My weight really didn't shift at all for days but the first week is only water weight so don't worry if scales not moving yet they will. Our bodies have a funny way of holding on to water when we shock it into diet mode but trust me them scales will defo move.
Keep at it when you start to lose the weight it will motivate you further. You will still get the head hunger and it is horrid sometimes especially if you have to cook for family. I have a big notice pinned to my kitchen cupboard with the say "Nothing tastes as good as slim feels", and I read it before im tempted to reach for something nice.
I know the shakes are boring yukky sometimes but it won't take long before you can get back to eating again .
Good luck with your journey:)

Back