Day 3

leannon

I all,
I am new to the site so if anyone can recommend good threads then that would be great! I am on day 3 of the Cambridge diet and struggling a little with the food cravings so am looking to get some moral support from people in the same situation. I have at least 10 stones to lose and so I have such a long way to o that I really need to get the hang of it!!!

The hunger will definitely pass - once you get into ketosis you'll stop feeling hungry and should have loads of energy and generally feel happy.

I can't promise you won't have food cravings, but at least you won't be hungry. Even when in ketosis I still walk past a bakery/ watch my husband eat pizza etc and think "I really really really want that" but thats the reason I'm on the diet - because in the past I had no self-control and ate even when I wasn't hungry.

This diet is so effective because it takes all choice away from you. You can't just have "a nibble" of pizza or "a finger" of cake like you might on other diets - you cut out everything that is bad for you and lose tons of weight.

The first few days are HARD. Really hard. Everyone struggles but stick at it until your first weigh in and when you see how much you've lost you'll never want to give up.

Good luck! Keep drinking water and distract yourself when you are hungry/ craving food by going for a walk or painting your nails. Someone also suggested sniffing vanilla scented things can take away cravings for sweet things - got to be worth a try!

Back