day 4 and really struggling

tanya12

i have been so tired today and had no energy at all also still not in ketosis according to my dip stix, when will this get better? also been so very hungry all day

any help would be appreciated xxx

The first week can be very tough. Hang in there as next week will be a lot better! I wouldn't bother with the ketosis strips - they are not accurate. You'll know if you're in ketosis because you won't feel very hungry and you may find a funny taste in your mouth. It'll come in it's own time - but I doubt that you're far off now.

this morning i had a choc shake before work then a veg soup for break and a spicy spagatti for dinner and a bar for break and 3,5 litres of water
what have you had today?

i think often times (for me anyway) im not hungry, im bored. and eating is something to do.

ive a raging headache and a cup of tea and tablets should sort it... try doing something with your hands, paint your nails, brush your teeth., they both help xx

Great advice Paula, I've just been doing my nails!

Tanya I've had a banana shake, spicy spaghetti and choc shake made into 2 biscuits and 200g of asparagus, 1 poached egg and 50g of smoked haddock for tea. 2 big cups of coffee and about 8 glasses of water. I don't think I could manage on just the meals alone so I've opted for 3 meals and a protein meal cos I like to chew on things. My tummy's not hungry but my mouth still wants food. I've found today the hardest but I'm sure it's just cos I'm at home. Get yourself an early night and see how you feel in the morning.

tanya12 said:
thank you for your advice, will let you all know how tomorrow goes xxxxx

You can do this Tanya !! This week will bt tough but it will be totally worth it !!!

Hope your feeling better tomorrow

Spandex said:
Great advice Paula, I've just been doing my nails!

Tanya I've had a banana shake, spicy spaghetti and choc shake made into 2 biscuits and 200g of asparagus, 1 poached egg and 50g of smoked haddock for tea. 2 big cups of coffee and about 8 glasses of water. I don't think I could manage on just the meals alone so I've opted for 3 meals and a protein meal cos I like to chew on things. My tummy's not hungry but my mouth still wants food. I've found today the hardest but I'm sure it's just cos I'm at home. Get yourself an early night and see how you feel in the morning.

Yup the mouth still wants to chew even though the tummy is not hungry! Well put!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Spandex said:
morning Tanya, how are you today? better I hope. I'm so hyper I feel like I've just been clubbing!

Lol !

Oh honey, I hope you're feeling ok today?? Hang in there. It really is getting easier. Im finding that Im not really hungry anymore, and every time I feel like i am, Im drinking something. (water, green tea etc). I just said to my OH yesterday how funny it was that being on a diet seemed to make the days feel like years for the first few weeks. I feel like I've been doing this for about 4 months not 4 days!! (Without the fabulous weight loss I would have done in that time though! :D)

It will get better sweety. Just try and visualise something nice you will do for yourself at the end of this first week to celebrate your loss :)
xxxx

Hi

Day 4 was my worst day as well, I am on Day 5 today and have a horrible taste in my mouth so I am hoping I am finally getting into ketosis. I am aiming in getting through week 1 so only a few days and goal achieved and hopefully then things will be better.

I hope your Day 5 is better xx

fee79 said:
Hi

Day 4 was my worst day as well, I am on Day 5 today and have a horrible taste in my mouth so I am hoping I am finally getting into ketosis. I am aiming in getting through week 1 so only a few days and goal achieved and hopefully then things will be better.

I hope your Day 5 is better xx

Day 5 too iv also got a wicked headache today :0/ battled on just think of weigh day that's my focus seeing that the lbs have gone Down x

oooh there's loads of us day 5'ever here isn't there. I wonder what made us all start last Wed, how random. Isn't it weird seeing how we're all experiencing different things at different times. just goes to show, no matter how much you read up, you won't know what it's like til you try it.

Spandex said:
oooh there's loads of us day 5'ever here isn't there. I wonder what made us all start last Wed, how random. Isn't it weird seeing how we're all experiencing different things at different times. just goes to show, no matter how much you read up, you won't know what it's like til you try it.

Exactly .... Nice to compare though isn't it :)

So looking forward to weigh day excited muchly
Lol !

morning Tanya, how are you today? better I hope. I'm so hyper I feel like I've just been clubbing!
hoya thank u all for the support, today has surprised me and i have actually just had to make myself have a shake cause i wasnt hungry all day so i guess i can officially say i am in ketosis lol only slight thing that worries me a little is the dizzyness sometimes are any of you getting that too?
i am hoping that tomorrow will be just as good as today :) also weigh in soon ladies woooooooo cant wait to see how much we all lost x

The lightheadedness could be dehydration - make sure you're drinking enough. It could also be low blood pressure - when you feel dizzy try clenching your thigh muscles a few times - that will help push blood out of the legs and back up to the rest of your body.

Back