Day 4 and still going strong....

Bonzo

Its day 4 and I'm feeling fine. :) Have had a niggling headache but nothing I can't handle!! Sleeping well which is nice. I am blending the shakes with water and ice and enjoying them..... as much as you can!!! Have tried a couple of soups but just couldn't stomach them :yuk: I tried the oats yesterday and, with a little sweetener, it was quite nice...... nice enough that I had it for dinner too. I haven't felt deprived at all...... well I guess I have, but not enough to fall off the wagon.... altho tonight is pizza night at our house so I feel a long hot bath coming on!!!!

I have a great husband and 3 wonderful kids. Would love a forth but not at this weight. I've just turned 40 so if I'm serious about having another baby I really need to drop the lbs. I was expecting a baby boy 2 years ago but went into labour at 18 weeks and unfortunately lost the baby. No mention was made about my weight being a factor but you have to wonder....

Anyway 2009 is my year. This is the year I am going to loose that extra woman I have been carrying around for so long now. I don't expect it will be easy. I know it will take all the willpower I can muster but I'm feeling so positive and I'm a great believer in positive thinking.

So there you have it, Thats me and my story. I look forward to seeing you all on here, supporting me on my journey and I hope I can do the same for you x

:party0038:

hi
wow your in america lol! would love to see america one day...
amnyway, well done for getting to day 4 aparantley it the hardest day,sorry to hear about the loss of your baby boy, i had a miscarriage after 3 normal pregnanices and it was awful..i know what you mean about thinking wether it was your weight to blame,i thought the same, but its just one of those things.
God how will you manage pizza night! Ive got the kids Mc Donalds a few times and it was torture but i got through it!
amyways good luck, CD is great and once the weight starts coming off you will wonder why you didnt do it sooner!
x

Thanks for your words of encouragement. As I'm sure you know...... it all helps!!

Yup have been living in the US for 20 months. We live in Minnesota. Its a great place to live. We have really cold winters (-16 and 3 feet of snow today!!) but really warm summers, so the best of both worlds. Its a very out doors kinda place, in the winter everyone skis and spends hours skidooing on the frozen lakes..... there are lakes everywhere. The summers are spent out on the lakes too, swimming and water skiing. Not really the best place for a seriously overweight woman to live!!! I know everyone thinks America is the land of the obese but they don't live here!!!!

I have hopped on the scales already.... I know I shouldn't but I have no CDC here and I'll be weighing myself on Tuesday anyway.......and things seem to be moving in the right direction which is always good to see...... just gotta get thro pizza night!!!!!

Hi Bonzo,

Well done you are doing great. I started today after a bad restart with someone's birthday. Oops. Anyway. First day nearly over.

I love the USA but never been to minnesota. Been too heaps of other us cities. How comes you ordered cambridge from england? I thought they sold it in the US.

Anyway enough of me rambling. Good luck.

hey there honey. you're doing brilliantly. avoid the pizza. it's never as good as you think it will be!! i crave the stuff like a maniac the second i can't have it!!

i am at the end of day four after christmas too and i was fine until this evening when the cravings have started but then i have to battle through those the whole way through. but most people find it much much easier after the first week.

much luck :D

abz xx

Minnesota isn't really on the tourist map altho Americans flock here in their droves as we have the MOA - Mall of America. Its the biggest mall in the US and its huge. Comes in handy in the winter when its so cold..... we have mall walkers. People who walk the mall for exercise when its -25 outside!!!

I ordered my cambridge from here but there is no CDC in my state so I just have the cans of cambridge and this forum!!! I think the stuff they sell here may be different to that sold in the UK but I'm hoping it will lead to the same results!! Mine doesn't come in sachets but in big cans - which is a shame when you order something you can't stand (I have 2 cans of soup that I couldn't eat if you paid me!!)

Good luck this week....... may we all achieve great losses!!!

Hey bonzo.

I am sure the losses will be just as good. It used to be in cans here when it first came out cos my mum did the diet when it was first released years ago and she lost heaps. I remember it being delivered in big cans and she always had french vanilla.

Memories!!! LOL:rolleyes:

Anyway... good luck. You have a similar amount to me to lose.

Hi Bonzo
Well done for getting to day 4. From my experience after day 4 the worst was over.
You will lose the weight in no time at all and have that forth baby :D
Goodluck xx

hey there hon. american cambridge and uk cambridge are totally different products but they both produce good results :D

abz xx

You might find you come round to liking the soup in the future. I liked it to start then after a few weeks even the thought of it made me gag but the veg soup and choc products are all i can manage.
Best of luck on your journey.

Well its day 5 and I'm still here. Yesterday was fine altho at about 6pm , for the first time since starting CD, I felt hungry. So hungry that I felt sick. Had a cup of PG and all was better in the world again. Sometimes you just need something other than water. Wish I liked coffee.....

Pizza night came and went without too much of a hiccup. Decided that everyone else should still be able to indulge. Why should they suffer because of me?? So as they scoffed their pizza and garlic bread I ate my hot oats. Yum Yum!! Even my 7 year old telling me how yummy her pizza was did nothing to dent my willpower. The only problem was the garlic. UGHHHHHHH...... the smell was, and still is, overpowering. I guess I'm usually as garlicked up as the rest of them so its never been much of an issue before.

Went to bed and after an hour of trying to get to sleep all I could smell was the dreaded garlic. I would have opened the window but it was -17 outside so that wasn't gonna happen!! So I went into the bathroom and rubbed some germolene on my hands. I love the smell of germolene - brings back so many childhood memories - my mum loved the stuff!!! Finally I got to sleep altho spent the night dreaming of doctors, hospitals and grazed knees!!!

I'm so pleased to be over the dreaded day 4. I know I shouldn't be too pleased with myself as I have a long journey ahead of me but every step counts eh??

Hi Bonzo,

Well done you are doing so well. I really love reading your posts. Minus 17!!! Thats is hideous!

Keep going. The pounds will melt away... even if you live in the cold!

XXX

Hi Bonzo.. well done on resisting the pizza, im on day 6 after restarting cd ss, and im struggling a bit. My greedy hubby is scoffing sweets and the smell of choc is driving me mad, still im determind to resist. good luck to u.

hey hon. well done you!! i had an ss+ day yesterday so could have some lean meat and veg. i didn't have any veg and overindulged in lean chicken a bit. had a little over my allowance. but i'm not going to beat myself up. it was damage control. ha. you are doing so so well. when is your first weigh in day?

abz xx

:happy096: Well done on getting to day five and resisting pizza. I think it is alright to be pleased with yourself. For some of us, apart from what we get from this forum, self support and self encouragement is the only support and encouragement we are going to have on this journey. So, celebrate your successes and love yourself no matter what.

Thanks guys for all your words of support and encouragement.

Again I am happy to report the survival of another day. Nothing but shakes, oats, water and tea passed my lips yesterday. It was a lazy day in the Bonzo household. The kids usually have snowboarding on a Saturday morning and my husband drops them off and brings me home a yummy PB and J bagel. Boarding was cancelled yesterday.... probably too cold even for the locals so you can imagine how cold it feels for a Surrey girl like me!!!!

Anyway as I was saying it was a lazy day so none of us really ate until 11 which was fine by me...... as I wasn't hungry.... again fine by me!!! After my shake we put away the last of the xmas decs and watched some TV. Also talked to my dad which was nice. He told me he had decided to stop drinking - not that he's an alcoholic or anything - but he is a bit of a health freak. Told him we were all on a healthy (??) eating (I wish) plan at the mo. I don't feel ready to tell him about CD. Don't get me wrong I'm sure he'd be over the moon - he's always going on about my weight - but its something I want to keep to myself for a while. He told me he bet he lasted longer.... told him to watch this space!!!!! Should have told him to kiss my ****!!!!!

We ran some errands in the afternoon and then headed back for home. Now this is usually the time where we'd be deciding where to eat out for dinner. We passed all our usual yummy restaurants - and I think if my husband had said "come on lets eat here tonight" I may well have buckled.... so thank a big you to Mr B for helping me dodge a bullet. Instead we got some chicken and salad for him and the kids and I had my oats.

Played the usual singstar and guitar hero last night..... tried to get a wii fit yesterday but they are rarer than rocking horse poop around here!!! Slept well and dreampt of cheating on CD..... woke up so pleased this morning to find out it had just been a dream phewwwww!!!!!!1

So here I am. Starting day 6. Not really sure when to weigh myself. I mean I started on Tuesday and was planning on posting my weight this Tuesday but that will actually be day 8 so perhaps I should weigh in on Monday. Guess that'll be something for me to ponder today...... atho I do like the idea of getting weighed tomorrow......... week 2 sounds sooooo much better!!!

PS - It was -15 here yesterday and I actually saw a woman.... must be Minnesotan born and bred..... outside in shorts and flip flops!! Its -15 and theres snow on the ground..... what was she thinking!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hiya Bonzo.

You are doing so well. Really well done.

I will be checking in tomorrow to see your loss.. I bet its good.

I cant believe that about the flip flops!!! God!

I thought it was cold here.

Keep going and well done

X

Day 8...... I can't believe I made it this far.

I had my first weigh in today. I use the term weigh in lightly because I just stood on my scales.... as I do every day..... but this time I made a note of the magic number.

I have lost 12lbs :)

Now I'm well aware that first week losses are usually high and I've a ton of weight to loose so my losses are gonna be higher but I'm still chuffed. If it wasn't -23 here right now I'd maybe run outside and dance in the street..... as it is there's no way in hell I'm stepping outside the door!!!! In fact if I wanted to step outside the door I'd have to shovel a ton of snow out of the way first (we use the garage..... we drive in and we drive out..... don't wanna get frostbite!!!)

How has my first week been??

Well, surprisingly its been ok. I haven't cheated at all so I'm pleased about that. The hunger went after day 4 so I guess I must be in ketosis.

There's no two ways about it, the diet is BORING.... and as I do my best eating when I'm bored, I've had to try and stay busy.... mostly by being on here I have to say!!

So here I am - 12 lbs down but still a long way from where I want to be. I'm looking forward to seeing how much I lose next week as I'm sure it'll be more realistic but for now I'm going to revel in this weeks achievement.

Week 2....... here I come!!

:talk017:

wow honey!! 12lbs is fantastic!! even for a first week loss!! i lost 6.75, ha.

go for it. week two will go well too :)

abz xx

Thanks Abz...... this morning I managed to get in jeans that were too tight this time last week so that felt good!! Hoping to stay on track this week, I'm sure I'll be fine - I've just got to remember to eat!!!!!

Back