Day 4 and still hungry!!!!

babycake

Please kick my butt!!
Just finishing up day 4 and I'm starving!!!!!! I could eat a whole pizza to myself!!!!! (still dreaming about pizza!). Tested my tinkle with a ketonstix and it says I'm there! I just don't get it. I'm lay in bed trying to avoid the walk into the kitchen and open the fridge door habit i have when I'm frustrated!

Are you reeeeeeally hungry or is it a psychological thing? Try keeping some water/coke zero etc in the fridge so that you can have something if you do open it (even if its not the same as pizza!) or, I know some people make recipes out of their packs/protein allowance, why not try to figure out a pizza recipe? Bashed flat chicken breast grilled topped with half a pack of tomato chilli and half a pack of mac cheese, probably nowhere near as good as what your craving but might help?

Are you reeeeeeally hungry or is it a psychological thing? Try keeping some water/coke zero etc in the fridge so that you can have something if you do open it (even if its not the same as pizza!) or, I know some people make recipes out of their packs/protein allowance, why not try to figure out a pizza recipe? Bashed flat chicken breast grilled topped with half a pack of tomato chilli and half a pack of mac cheese, probably nowhere near as good as what your craving but might help?

Thanks for the ideas. It feels like that empty hungry feeling when you've had too much fluid and no food to soak it up!

I know that feeling, but don't cave, be strong. If you are going to cave then cook the pizza, cut off a small slice, pop it on a plate with a heap of salad or allowed veg and either give the rest to someone else in the house or douse it liberally with water and throw it in the bin then eat the pizza and salad instead of a pack. I have done that twice (on the first half of my diet) and it came to the same calorie and carb content as a 'normal' diet day. It stopped me caving. You HAVE to throw the rest away though or the little voice that says 'just one more slice' will creep up and get you, though I don't see any of us being desperate enough to pick wet pizza out the bin!

Edit; I am not advocating a regular 'cheat'...just saying that one slice is better than a whole dominoes with garlic bread etc etc.

I have been sooo hungry to and cheated at lunch time when cooking for boys I have been mad with myself since but blaiming it on my bug and period starting I must have been ni ketosis and dont remember fiding it this hard last time i did it maybe i need more water! when u drink the coke zero does it not make u crave sweet foods ect with it being sweet?? worried to try it incase it does thanks and good luck x

If you cheat with carbs you'll have to start getting into ketosis again - not worth it in my view. On day 4 you may not be in ketosis yet (the sticks are next to useless). Hold on - by day 5/6 you should definitely be there and will will be really worth it. Good luck!

Here to support rather than mother you. Just remember why you are doing this and that temporary hunger is just that....temporary xx

Thank you and I do need to focus more on the fact I am doing this for me to feel better long term not short term!! today was an all round bad day I am going to forget it and be positive for tomorrow thanks and good luck for ur goals x

Just finished day 4 myself a d I'm starving! Not psychological as the sound of my belly is keeping me awake rumbling!
I cheated tonight, I had 2 chicken breasts with some olives and cheese on as I was ravenous!! But at least it was low in carbs I think, and at least I didn't have a bottle of wine with it :) so not too bad.

Thanks guys your support is great. I managed to tuck myself up in bed and I watched an episode of embarrassing fat bodies on more 4. That was the biggest incentive ever!!!! There was a woman on there (lighter then me and a good 20years older) that's had the same op I had before Christmas. I knew I was one of the youngest to have it but that really really sent it home watching the op. I had this ping moment as I realised that if I don't sort out the weight soon I'm gonna have to that procedure done every 1-2 years for the rest of my life!!!!!! (hopefully another 40-50 years!!!!! That's over 25 ops!!!!

I came over all lighthearted when out today and caved and had a small slice of cheese :eek:(

What op was that ?

The woman had a vaginal tape fitted and a prolapse repair. Mine was a slightly less invasive op as I still haven't decided if I've finished having kids. The thing they used on me last 9-18 months so if I decide to have another child I can without causing irreversible damage!!! But omg how brave she was being awake having it done!!!!! I was a mess in hospital, if they had said no GA I would have ran, they wouldn't have caught me either

Hi much better day today no cheating at all maybe needed more water i am not good with that bit! but better day and not so hungry i will work on the water bit tom and stand on scales on monday lets pray they moved down x

Hi much better day today no cheating at all maybe needed more water i am not good with that bit! but better day and not so hungry i will work on the water bit tom and stand on scales on monday lets pray they moved down x

Water water water water. It is soooooo the best thing for you on this diet. Many years a poster said " it helps flush all the fat down the loo " every time I tinkle I remember that. How strange we are!!!

Yes very true i just carnt drink water gonna get a glass now i am so bad at doing it x

A tip for all newbies re drinking water is to make your shakes up with more water than the instructions say, also you can add ribena plus blackcurrant and the raspberry and apple flavour ones (though not lots). Also I find drinking a glass prior to each pack helps me get it down. After a while it just becam enormal and even on my break over Christmas I kept on drinking water.

Back