:confused:Sorry another moan from me :(

Im only on day 4 and it feels like month four :(:(

Am so stuggling at the moment.... what can i do to help myself

The diet itself is taking a bit of a strain financially & emotionally :(

:confused:Sorry another moan from me :(

Im only on day 4 and it feels like month four :(:(

Am so stuggling at the moment.... what can i do to help myself

The diet itself is taking a bit of a strain financially & emotionally :(

Stop fighting it Em - you need to approach it positively or its going to be an uphill slog... Enjoy the freedom, enjoy the packs, enjoy the break from food xxxx

thanks girls, its kinda hard especially cooking the kids dinners ( i have 3 kids-1 being a toddler) so food is nearly always around, just fancy a nice warm "normal" dinner..
Maybe when ketosis kicks in i will be a little more positive... i peed on the stick this morning and it was a light pinkish colour... So not sure what that means..

Generally need a kick up the butt, i was looking foward to starting this diet and day one was ok....

Im sorry for all the moaning ive done,

Emm, i am sure you have been on loys of diets, make this be your last one, just relax, drink room temperature water, if the water is too cold it can make you feel cold. get through your first week. i am now in my second week, and in my first week i lost 9.5lbs, hope this encourages you. you can do it love highheels xx

So shouldnt i be full of beans ???

Anyne got a spare rocket handy :rolleyes:

Not necessarily hun - first couple of days are difficult, I was bloody knackered and freezing. Trust me this does pass... I dont feel at all nasty now and I'm coming up to 8 weeks - feel better than I have for a long long time xxxxxxxxx

Day4-7 were the worst for me - really struggled. Have to say my 2nd week were just as tough but only cos my social life was suffering and I need to prioritise CD vs social life. But things will get better Emm - just hold on in there!

You would probably be spending more at the shops than you do on the diet in different ways. Apart from the food you buy for nutrition, what do you buy that makes you put on weight. I used to buy bags of sweets etc etc. You dont notice spending money on other things but you do notice the money you set aside for the diet. Think that one through as it will help you to redress the balance. The first week in particular is very difficult as you approach the whole concept in your head. You are around your children and their diets of course. Prepare their food, serve it up and distract yourself whilst they are eating it ..... do the clearing away, the washing up, just anything that stops you sitting down right beside them - unless of course you are physically feeding them. Tell yourself you are not the bin for the left overs; you are not the recycling bin; you want to become more fit and alert so you can enjoy the family even more. If you do sit with them - sit with a glass of water besides you - even a straw to encourage you to sip more. You have to be determined to see it through the first week and then thereafter it does get easier and easier. What you have to really work hard on is your self worth and putting yourself up as a contender to the honour board in your family. I am worth it, I am doing this for me, I need this more than I need the comfort from picking or choosing my preferred foods, the more valuable you become to yourself - the more able you will be to give the best to your children, husband, friends etc. Part of the process in controlling your weight is to come to love yourself, the real you, not the mother, wife, housewife, friend, taxi driver etc.etc. As wife, mother, etc etc you are spreading yourself thinly on the ground and when you feel the burden of that are probably taking comfort from food. Now is the time to change all of that for the good and SELF ESTEEM is right up there at the top of the leader board. Dont keep chipping away at it, and letting others do the same to you. Be your own best friend and all the others around you will want to join in and share your pleasures. You have to love yourself before others can truly love you.
I hope this all makes some sense to you. Its taken me years to come to this myself. Give everyone some special time, BUT THAT INCLUDES YOU.

You would probably be spending more at the shops than you do on the diet in different ways. Apart from the food you buy for nutrition, what do you buy that makes you put on weight. I used to buy bags of sweets etc etc. You dont notice spending money on other things but you do notice the money you set aside for the diet. Think that one through as it will help you to redress the balance. The first week in particular is very difficult as you approach the whole concept in your head. You are around your children and their diets of course. Prepare their food, serve it up and distract yourself whilst they are eating it ..... do the clearing away, the washing up, just anything that stops you sitting down right beside them - unless of course you are physically feeding them. Tell yourself you are not the bin for the left overs; you are not the recycling bin; you want to become more fit and alert so you can enjoy the family even more. If you do sit with them - sit with a glass of water besides you - even a straw to encourage you to sip more. You have to be determined to see it through the first week and then thereafter it does get easier and easier. What you have to really work hard on is your self worth and putting yourself up as a contender to the honour board in your family. I am worth it, I am doing this for me, I need this more than I need the comfort from picking or choosing my preferred foods, the more valuable you become to yourself - the more able you will be to give the best to your children, husband, friends etc. Part of the process in controlling your weight is to come to love yourself, the real you, not the mother, wife, housewife, friend, taxi driver etc.etc. As wife, mother, etc etc you are spreading yourself thinly on the ground and when you feel the burden of that are probably taking comfort from food. Now is the time to change all of that for the good and SELF ESTEEM is right up there at the top of the leader board. Dont keep chipping away at it, and letting others do the same to you. Be your own best friend and all the others around you will want to join in and share your pleasures. You have to love yourself before others can truly love you.
I hope this all makes some sense to you. Its taken me years to come to this myself. Give everyone some special time, BUT THAT INCLUDES YOU.

Brilliant post Di - made me think about it all again as well.... Hang in there Emm xxxx

Thanks hunni your so so right, i got motivated and stopped feeling sorry for myself...

I re-arranged my bedroom :D

It does pass em I'm on day 5 and sooo onot feeling hungry which is great lol and i have had so much more energy today and feel great i have the same prob i have 2 kids 1 is 5 and the other is 1 so i find it difficult i'm making up recipes i know i won't like lol

Like the others have said It DOES get easier I promise. Day 5 was a really bad day for me but I got up on day 6 feeling bright n breezy. Stick with it Emm it's soooooooo worth it hun.

Hehe - sorry, but your subject line made me chuckle, as it's so true!! From a personal viewpoint, I think that the first ten days or so feel like months, as you're so aware of the fact that you're not eating. However, I promise that this then changes, and eventually the time just flies by, and Cambridge becomes just part of your routine. :)

Jo x

Thanks girls and Jo im glad you had a chuckle hun :D

Well update of today is : i was bad a on a downer i had cheese on toast and just as i was munching away my CDC rang :D asked how i was doing etc and i told her i was having cheese on toast, she said it wasnt the greatest of best things to eat but never mind :D have ordered my next weeks shakes so i guess im staying on it :D

Awwwww hun if you feel like you need something have a bit of chicken breast..... thats got to be better than cheese on toast!!! U'll be fine hun just take it one day at a time
x

Back