Day 4 for me...

susysu

Hi All

This is day 4, not been too bad, although i have been having a couple of coke zero's a day which i am feeling guilty about and worrying it might slow me down, but on the other side think it will help me stick to 100% so not sure what to do for the best

Woke up in the middle of the night last night needing the loo, and found myself wandering downstairs and opening the fridge door and looking in. In the past i could quite easily have made a sandwich, eaten it and gone straight to bed, that's how bad I can be but managed to shut it and walk away

Dont think i am in ketosis yet either which is bothering me

How ridiculous is this though. Started on sat at 15st 4lbs, weighed this morning after 3 days and I am 14st 13 1/4 so that's 4 and 3/4 so far and I'm thinking it's not enough, what if it stops there, what if i dont get a big number like 10lbs that I think I need mentally for the first weeks weigh in to keep me going...what a prat i am

As i said ridiculous!!!

I started on Sunday weighing the exact same as you 15st 4, I just weighed myself now and I am 15st exactly, so you are 3/4 of a lb ahead of me for your extra day, sounds absolutely bang on to me!! We also have similar targets and dates so why don't we keep track of each other. I am not expecting anything like 10lbs if I get 7lbs I'll be delighted, the first week is a hard one, I once saw a lady on Lipotrim who lost only 4lbs her first week (and said she was 100%), then she lost 8lbs the second week, everyone is different.

I was in ketosis this morning as I used a stick, but still woke up feeling mighty hungry this morning, however I do have a strange bagged up type sensation in my tummy even though I do feel quite hungry...odd!!

Very well done on not eating in the night, you are breaking your bad habits already!! Chin up mrs, keep going, it's only a few weeks and you'll be very pleased you did it

Well done girls x, wish I was doing as well. Started last week had a full week of TS. But then lapsed Sunday and can't seem to get back on wagon again. :cry:

Well done girls x, wish I was doing as well. Started last week had a full week of TS. But then lapsed Sunday and can't seem to get back on wagon again. :cry:

It's a new week and a new day, I am trying to think about the results rather than the doing it. c'mon and jump on our wagon!!

Hi

yes please, that would be great to have a buddy

it's like they say i'm not actually hungry, it's just the habit of putting something in your mouth

i have some sticks at home so will test after work, think i will be happy once i see i am in ketosis

catch you later :)

Day 4 for me today, how are you getting on?

Hey, im ok thanks
day5 and plodding on. still sticking 100% and have found i def have to only think about getting through the day, any more forward and it seems too daunting.....but i have been good for 5 days and i never thought i would

i think the thing that will stop me cheating is that it would undo all the willpower ive used in the preceding days and i know that i wouldnt stop at 1 piece of ham, it would have had to have bread around it and crisps etc. and only 2 more days and i can weigh, woo hoo!

hows you doing?

Hiya, I don't think coke zero will effec your loss. I drink it and it takes the edge off when I'm munchie and not due a shake. I don't think its possible to effect your weight as it has next-to-no calories and no citric acid. So if it helps, drink it!

Big well done for not eating in the night - I think its even harder to stop yourself after you've almost told yourself you can. If you can shut the fridge door without taking something out you can do this!

Well done everyone! It gets asie after the first week, honest xx

Hiya, I don't think coke zero will effec your loss. I drink it and it takes the edge off when I'm munchie and not due a shake. I don't think its possible to effect your weight as it has next-to-no calories and no citric acid. So if it helps, drink it!

Big well done for not eating in the night - I think its even harder to stop yourself after you've almost told yourself you can. If you can shut the fridge door without taking something out you can do this!

Well done everyone! It gets asie after the first week, honest xx

thankyou, i shall stop being scared off the coke zero then! still dont know if im in ketosis, how do you tell?

Thats amazing how well you are doing, I've lost 3lb into my 3rd day so you should be really proud. Was incredibly hard this evening cooking for everyone and not eating everything...roll on bedtime and getting into day 4 x

My husbands sat in bed eating a tub of Ben and Jerrys so I have retreated to a bubble bath. I seem to be doing this every night and I've never washed up straight after cooking his tea before but I am since starting this!!!

Please remember NO food references are allowed in the 100% section

Thread moved due to food references

Hi susysu. Well done on getting through so far. That is the physically hard part. Now you'll just have to deal with the mental part - keeping to the plan. THATS the neverending struggle!!!

Belle

susysu said:
thankyou, i shall stop being scared off the coke zero then! still dont know if im in ketosis, how do you tell?

If you're in ketosis you will have a strange taste in your mouth and (most likely) bad breath. Glamourous I know! I don't think you ever completely stop feeling hungry, but it stopped me feeling as I'll as I had in the first 3 days of the diet.

It takes maybe a week or so to completely feel back to your normal self, but I suspect you probably are in ketosis after the 4th day (or your nearly there at least). I think it takes me about 3 days xxxx

If you're in ketosis you will have a strange taste in your mouth and (most likely) bad breath. Glamourous I know! I don't think you ever completely stop feeling hungry, but it stopped me feeling as I'll as I had in the first 3 days of the diet.

It takes maybe a week or so to completely feel back to your normal self, but I suspect you probably are in ketosis after the 4th day (or your nearly there at least). I think it takes me about 3 days xxxx

Thanks Allie, i have the strange taste and bad breath but thats prob cos i'm smoking too much!

i did test and it came up small traces but as others have said there's no point playing around with test sticks, if im sticking to it thats all i can do!

Oh lord, now I have, hairy rugby player legs, furry teeth, a slightly smaller top belly and bad breath :eek:

Still it's all worth it, don;t worry about the losses or the sticks it will all come right on WI day and then you'll be able to see the rewards for doing this. Mentally it is a struggle, I try and keep as busy as possible...mainly on here it seems

Back