Day 4 Muscle Pain

Junebaby

Hello - I started Slim and Save on Monday. I said i wasn't going to post (I have been reading your posts every day though!) until i had done at least a week, after starting and failing Exante last year after a week!
However i can't seem to find the follwing information in a thread or on the internet. I think i am in Ketosis, but i'm starting to worry as i am experiencing severe muscle pain. It feels like the pain you get the day after you have had an intense workout.
I'm drinking about 3.5 litres, and taking a multi vitamin. Is this a symptom of Ketosis, i don't remember getting this on Exante? I haven't take any pain killers yet, but may take some and have a nice long bath and see how i go:confused:. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Not sure if it is the same for you, but I get severe muscle pain if I have not had enough salt. Once I add some salt to my diet pain goes away.

Junebaby said:
Hello - I started Slim and Save on Monday. I said i wasn't going to post (I have been reading your posts every day though!) until i had done at least a week, after starting and failing Exante last year after a week!
However i can't seem to find the follwing information in a thread or on the internet. I think i am in Ketosis, but i'm starting to worry as i am experiencing severe muscle pain. It feels like the pain you get the day after you have had an intense workout.
I'm drinking about 3.5 litres, and taking a multi vitamin. Is this a symptom of Ketosis, i don't remember getting this on Exante? I haven't take any pain killers yet, but may take some and have a nice long bath and see how i go:confused:. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Have heard some people talk about this being due to lack of salt/sodium. Try adding a little salt to your food tomorrow, see if that helps

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for replying - you know you could be onto something, I haven't been adding salt to my protein or my veggies.

I was starting to get worried, thank you so much.

This happened to me on day 4 too the very first time I tried Slim and Save it was also the first time I had tried a VLCD. My arms were really achey and as you describe felt like the achey feeling you get from doing an intense workout. It lasted a fair while so I took some ibuprofen and went to sleep, the next day I was fine.

I didn't look into what it may have been and maybe it was a lack of salt/sodium, funny enough now Iv'e read the other comments on here prior to doing s&s I had cut out extra salt in my diet for a good 6 months before starting.

That was back in July and since I have restarted twice and not experienced any of the symptoms I did the first time maybe my bodies adjusted to the change in diet.

Hope your ok soon x

Hi Sadia - feeling much better today! Not sure if I overdosed on the salt as now I feel very bloated....like i'm holding onto water. My stomach is noticeably bigger this evening which is making me doubt my weight loss and all the hard work this week. Going to try and strike a balance this weekend.

Since starting this diet I find I am taking less painkillers for joint pain and generally feel a lot better, My stomach is not as bloated either.

I agree Willow, since i started adding salt the joint ache has gone away and i generally feel better. Turns out my bloated stomach was due to my TOTM which has just started :sigh:

Back