Day 4 of Exante - Tired and down :(

Jayo

Hi all,

Everyone on here seems to be doing so well with their weight loss - its really inspiring.

I started Exante on Saturday and had a good day Saturday and Monday, but v bad days Sunday and today... is this "normal"?! I feel okay in the morning, but by early afternoon am very irritable, find it hard to concentrate and my brain seems to
be in a complete fug. :cry:

I have about 5 stone to lose, and am doing the Total Solution. I am having 3 meal packs a day and am not sure if having another meal pack a day would help?? Have no energy/motivation to go to the gym (which I normally love) and am not sure if this would help with that. :confused: Am also having at least 3 litres of water a day.

Any advice would be much appreciated :))

Jen :)

Meant to write "good luck" on another thread and put it on this one instead... oh dear!

Last edited:
Jayo, hang in there! My first week was hellish, I was going through carb/sugar/coke & medication withdrawals & I had an awful time.. But after that passed everything was as easy as pie! Don't worry about it, you'll feel so, so much better after a few more days. It's good that you're drinking all your water, keep that up, it's super important. After a few weeks the time will be flying in & the weight will be flying off! Just keep going & plod on through the first week or two, after that you'll be fine & dandy I'm sure. Just keep your eye on the goal! x

Thanks Millux! So it does get easier?? I hope so, can't function properly like this!

Have realised that I've never actually had to live in the moment before. I think okay, if I can get through the next ten minutes without eating something, then the next ten, then the next... and eventually its okay and I stop thinking about food.

But its soooo hard... Sigh! But it can be done. HAS to be done! xxx

Yes, it gets so much easier! :) I didn't think it would at first but it when you feel miserable it's difficult not to just say "Oh, I should stop this & just try slimming world or something! At least I'm not putting myself through torture!", but trust me - pushing past that could well be the best thing you do for yourself. I'm 100% happy that I did & now I'm losing weight (I've never been able to before on any other diets). Being on Exante really becomes.. "normal" after you get into the swing of it anyway (in my experience). I would honestly tell anyone having a bad week that it's soooo worth it to continue. You'll thank yourself in the end i'm sure. :)

Hi all,

Everyone on here seems to be doing so well with their weight loss - its really inspiring.

I started Exante on Saturday and had a good day Saturday and Monday, but v bad days Sunday and today... is this "normal"?! I feel okay in the morning, but by early afternoon am very irritable, find it hard to concentrate and my brain seems to
be in a complete fug. :cry:

I have about 5 stone to lose, and am doing the Total Solution. I am having 3 meal packs a day and am not sure if having another meal pack a day would help?? Have no energy/motivation to go to the gym (which I normally love) and am not sure if this would help with that. :confused: Am also having at least 3 litres of water a day.

Any advice would be much appreciated :))

Jen :)

Best advice - go back through a loads of threads on here over the next few evenings, and you will see this is all perfectly normal.

Just remember - you're currently in the process of converting your body to run on 600 cals of mostly protein. You will feel a bit listless for quite a while until your system gets used to it.

So keep things in perspective, and (at least in the first week, anyway) don't expect to be rollerskating or rock-climbing in the near future.

It's a fairly extreme diet, and unfortunately the good results are not without the initial side effects.

Thank you both for the advice - has cheered me up and made me realise that if I stick to it, will feel back to normal soon, and the weight WILL come off! Am getting married soon and the thought of walking down the aisle at my current size is NOT good!

Think will follow your suggestion, Miss Demeanour and not go mental for the next couple of weeks. I do at least an hour's walk every day, which I never feel is enough exercise because my body is used to it (don't drive, so have to walk everywhere), but that will do for now... will go back to the gym when my head/body tells me to, and not push it.

Thank you both for the support! :) Feel better now, and just made a nice cup of (black) tea!! Lovely :)) xxx

Seriously, the recommendations are not to increase your exercise levels in the first few weeks. Keep doing what you're doing, but certainly don't do any more until you get into a groove with the diet. You will feel tired for the first couple of weeks. but if you keep in context what you're (not) feeding yourself, it's not surprising.

All the above is excellent advice, don't overdo it for the first couple of weeks while your body adjusts, Exante only recommend 20mins exercise a day so you are doing way over that just with the walking.
Good luck with feeling better soon.
Bren xx

Hope you feel better soon, it will get better, honestly :)
x

hang in there! I'm in my second week and feel great - i did keep thinking about food and felt i had to eat something even though i was not hungry so i started spliting packs up so i could have something every couple of hours.

stick to it and you will see the results will be fantastic:)

good luck:)

Thanks guys!

Feel a lot better today, much more positive. Had an eighth of the bar at lunchtime, and another about 4pm, those 50 kcals seem to have given me a boost until evening time
:p

Can't actually believe have only been having 600 cals a day for *almost* a week now, but just goes to show it is possible! x x x

Umm... well, it was supposed to be tomorrow morning, but to be honest have been on the scales pretty much every day this week! Which has actually been a good boost, to see that it is working. This morning, had 9 lbs off! And that's with having TOTM this week too, when normally put on a few lbs.

So all in all very pleased. Felt much better yesterday, way more positive, so here's to more weight loss! x x

9 pounds is excellent, what a great result. I am hoping for 8-9 pounds for my first week. Just think by day 14 you'll be about a stone down.

Good luck Sarah!! How are you finding it so far? xx

I have struggled today as I have been at home with the kids all day. I have eaten some chicken and salad and a spare rib - I hope I haven't done too much damage! I have drunk heaps of water though.

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 3.5 in 2 days. So it's all looking good!
How's it going with you?

3.5 in 2 days is really good!! Well done :) Am sure the chicken etc won't have done any harm long-term, its getting back on the wagon when you fall off it that makes the difference!

Lost 10lbs now since I started... which is crazy! Can't wait to be lighter and fit into my old jeans ;-)) That will be good!

Have noticed I feel a bit yeuch after having the soups. Have tried them creamier with less water and runnier with lots of water... hmm...!

Hope you are having a great weekend :) x x

Well it looks like the chicken didn't do any harm as the scales are showing another 2 pounds off this morning, making 5.5 pounds in 3 days.

Like you I can't wait to get into my old jeans, I went to Florida last year and bought designer jeans which have never fitted me so I am hoping to wear them this summer.

I find I am ok with the soups, its the shakes I am not loving nor the bars.

I am determined to make this work for me though as I know it works and it will make a real difference to my life.

Keep going I am in the same boat but I have read all the posts and know it will be worth it xx

Back