day 4.. quick question

malibu2012

Hi everyone, on day 4. Just a quick question- when i did this diet couple of years ago, i had the tell tale signs of ketosis by day 4- ie ketosis breath, reduced hunger etc. However that was on just 3 CD products a day. This time around my consultant suggested i had 4 products a day for the 1st week, as it'l make getting into ketosis abit easier and i have to admit that 4th shake a day has really helped. However today- no ketosis breath + still feeling hungry! Havent got any ketostix to check.. so just wonderd if anyone doing SS+ has noticed that it takes longer to get into ketosis than doing SS? i know the extra calories in the extra shake wont make too much difference but maybe the extra 15g of carb a day does?? xxx

It deffo took me longer to get into Ketosis when i did SS+
I've had 3 SS+ days the past few days and i'm not in Ketosis now. SS'ing until friday now!

thanks for the reply hun, aww im gutted that the extra shake effects getting into ketosis :( i guess if your carb sensitive then 54g a day carbs is too high.. thought it was too good to be true!! will be hard going down to 3 shakes next few days as im in uni.. but if im not 100% in ketosis by fri then i will have to as its not worth this hunger. Well done for your success so far + going straight back on SS after being nocked out of ketosis... hopefully it wont take long for you as you shouldnt have much stored carbs to get rid of x

I don't have any carbs stored lol, all ive had for 3 days is chicken & salad :) It takes me 2 days to get back into ketosis, so i'll be fine for my weigh in Friday! I'm quite lucky, my body seems to get away with eating friday & saturday, and then i SS for the rest of the week & i get a really good weight loss. :)

aw thats good then :) how much you lost so far? on my phone so cant see lol x

2 and a half stone in 7 weeks :D

wow thats absolutely fab hun well done!!! hope i can achieve that id be made up :) yday was by far the hardest day hunger wise.. my tummy was growling all day + night haha! i really expected to be in ketosis today but im not :( i just dont get it! i bought some sticks to check + they also confirmed im not so im def having 3 a day from today + hopefully it wont take me to long to get in to! i asked my consultant for some advice and her responce was 'dont worry you will still loose weight.. some people just dont get into ketosis' i thought sod that i have to get into it to keep me on track + stop feeling hungry haha! i am sooo happy i resited temptation today though.. the old me would have thought 'sod it, im not in ketosis anyway so what harm would it do if i eat?' silly i know.. but that just shows me that i will tell myself what ever i want to hear when i want food.. in the past my worst was 'ive screwed up my diet today anyways (after 1 buiscut) i might aswell eat what i want + start tommorrow.. thats totally crazzzzy i know but that was the self destruct mind i was in + lead to me putting on weight!

this time around though im not even tempted to eat, i know itl set me back + will end up having to be on the diet longer to reach my goal! im totally in the right mind set which is fab for me!! i just thought id share that incase anyone reads + can relates.. at the end of the day if you set out to fail then you will. If you decide to give it 100% then stick with it and you'll get there eventually :) sorry for the essay haha hope your having a good day x

Back