Day 5 on SnS, still feeling very hungry and want to quit :(

Hello all,

First of all, please bear with my english...

I need a bit of motivation and push for me to keep going on this diet. Today is day 5 and still very hungry most of the time and my weight loss is really slow as well (i check everyday morning and its just 3lb so far)...so not sure if i'm in ketosis yet and thinking if i can continue this way for long with hungry feeling and cravings :( .I'm taking paracetomol and antibiotic for cold and headaches,could medication be the reason for my hunger and slow loss?

I'm doing 100% day all days with 4packs a day(except on day 4 and 5 -3packs a day and protien) and I'm not a fan of milk so not having my daily allowance.drinking lots of water atleast 2.5-3L a day.

what do you all think?what am i doing wrong here and why i'm not in ketosis yet...i really want to loose weight and i have never done strict diets like this in past.this is my first one and i need motivation please....

I should think your in ketosis so stop worrying about that

Do what's easiest for you each day, 3 & protein or 4. You can mix and match

Keep off those scales, give yourself a full week from today and weigh in

Get plenty of water - 3-4 litres each day

Vegetables will help to fill you up too hun.

Keep busy, keep hydrated. Get busy doing a job about the house, tidy your clothes, clean out the kitchen, do a hobby, have a workout. It will get easier hun Xx

looseweight said:
Hello all,

I need a bit of motivation and push for me to keep going on this diet. Today is day 5 and still very hungry most of the time and my weight loss is really slow as well (i check everyday morning and its just 3lb so far)...so not sure if i'm in ketosis yet and thinking if i can continue this way for long with hungry feeling and cravings :( .I'm taking paracetomol and antibiotic for cold and headaches,could medication be the reason for my hunger and slow loss?

I'm doing 100% day all days with 4packs a day(except on day 4 and 5 -3packs a day and protien) and I'm not a fan of milk so not having my daily allowance.drinking lots of water atleast 2.5-3L a day.

what do you all think?what am i doing wrong here and why i'm not in ketosis yet...i really want to loose weight and i have never done strict diets like this in past.this is my first one and i need motivation please....

Hi, your meds may be the reason, just take it easy, you may not lose a lot until your cold has cleared and then you may get the woosh you are looking for on the scales.. It's probably water retention.
As long as you are drinking lots of water 3 litres and having 200g veg as well helps, thats veg off the list?
You don't have to have your milk allowance, some people use it for coffee, I don't.
Have you got chromium tablets, seem to help stop cravings?

Good luck, I hope someone else may answer as well, I am not 100% sure..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks so much for taking time to reply rebekahR, i'm doing mix and match somedays and i usually eat veggie but i dont like most of veggies listed in SnS list so just eating cabbage ,capsicum or spinach most of the days and i'm not really enjoying them,just eating to make me feel full:(

as you said, i should get busy so that i can keep mind off from food.I really want this cold to go as i'm feeling really sick and just want to stay in bed.I will go out for a long walk tommorow.

keeping off scales is another point i should follow,i just need the will power not to step on them everyday.

I should think your in ketosis so stop worrying about that

Do what's easiest for you each day, 3 & protein or 4. You can mix and match

Keep off those scales, give yourself a full week from today and weigh in

Get plenty of water - 3-4 litres each day

Vegetables will help to fill you up too hun.

Keep busy, keep hydrated. Get busy doing a job about the house, tidy your clothes, clean out the kitchen, do a hobby, have a workout. It will get easier hun Xx

Thanks so much for your reply.....i really hope i can lose as expected once my cold has cleared.

I'm drinking 3liters aday but abit less veggies. does veggie help to loose more?if so,i will push myself to try all other veggies listed on SnS.till now i'm eating 2spoons of cabbage,2spoons of capsicum and spinach sometimes.

I dont have chromium tablets with me, i will definetely buy them if they can help with my cravings.thanks a ton for the suggestion.

Hi, your meds may be the reason, just take it easy, you may not lose a lot until your cold has cleared and then you may get the woosh you are looking for on the scales.. It's probably water retention.
As long as you are drinking lots of water 3 litres and having 200g veg as well helps, thats veg off the list?
You don't have to have your milk allowance, some people use it for coffee, I don't.
Have you got chromium tablets, seem to help stop cravings?

Good luck, I hope someone else may answer as well, I am not 100% sure..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Keep going at it, that's all you need to do. It took me 2 weeks to be totally keto adapted, before that I was still quite hungry off and on. But if u keep at it the weight will come off quicker than u can believe. During the first couple of weeks I ate more protein when hungry. Keep at it. This diet really works. 6 weeks ago I was busting out of size 20s. I have gone down 3 dress sizes since August. Good luck & keep going.

Thanks alot for your inspiring words angie-bum. I got some hope after reading all your replies.i will keep going and see how my body reacts to it,i really want to loose weight before november as i have family wedding in 1st week of november. I had 2 eggs omelette for breakfast as i was very hungry and feeling nauseous due to my medicaiton. i'm feeling better now and hope to stick 3 packs during the day.

Congratulations for your weightloss so far..you are really an inspiration to all of us.

Keep going at it, that's all you need to do. It took me 2 weeks to be totally keto adapted, before that I was still quite hungry off and on. But if u keep at it the weight will come off quicker than u can believe. During the first couple of weeks I ate more protein when hungry. Keep at it. This diet really works. 6 weeks ago I was busting out of size 20s. I have gone down 3 dress sizes since August. Good luck & keep going.

Hello all,

If you keep doing what you are doing, it is IMPOSSIBLE, not to lose weight, you've got to get ride of those scales and just weight yourself once a week. Hang in there!!!

Thanks for your encouragment bigh....yeah i'm stopping myself not to get onto scales everyday.will try to check weekly from now on.

If you keep doing what you are doing, it is IMPOSSIBLE, not to lose weight, you've got to get ride of those scales and just weight yourself once a week. Hang in there!!!

If you're not well that will definitely slow your weight loss down as your body is using everything it's got to fight the illness & is keeping you hungry as it wants more fuel to fight with, meds will also interfere with weight loss & could very likely contain sugar or something ending in "ose" which could keep you out of ketosis. Stay strong and focussed and you will see the weight come off soon enough, as was said above you can't not lose weight on this diet.

All the best & keep us posted how you get on x

Get better hunny, your losses once your off meds will make up for it

Hope your days been better today x

Thanks so much JanBow, your reply gave me abit of relief.i was worried that i was doing something wrong but now i can blame on my medicines for my slow loss also as you said,may be i'm out of ketosis and hoping to get into ketosis as soon as i can. i'm doing 100% everyday so keeping high hopes for this week.hope you are doing ok too.

If you're not well that will definitely slow your weight loss down as your body is using everything it's got to fight the illness & is keeping you hungry as it wants more fuel to fight with, meds will also interfere with weight loss & could very likely contain sugar or something ending in "ose" which could keep you out of ketosis. Stay strong and focussed and you will see the weight come off soon enough, as was said above you can't not lose weight on this diet.

All the best & keep us posted how you get on x

Thanks so much JanBow, your reply gave me abit of relief.i was worried that i was doing something wrong but now i can blame on my medicines for my slow loss also as you said,may be i'm out of ketosis and hoping to get into ketosis as soon as i can. i'm doing 100% everyday so keeping high hopes for this week.hope you are doing ok too.

You're welcome - and glad you're starting to feel better :)

Back